Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP25/26 Insane in the Mama Train/End Game

Season final is tonight

25 - Insane in the Mama Train

26 - End Game

Sorry I don't know the episode descriptions for both episodes.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Be advised, as far as having them share a thread, that these do not appear to be a paired up set of episodes and are simply listed as airing tonight in subsequent half hour blocks and may not automatically be paired up as future repeats.

I kind of like that there is no description, and I've noticed this week that even the cable listings do not offer one, so... maybe these two are decent enough to want to leave it unknown on purpose? (Unless someone just forgot to do their job.) As one of those with a poor view of this series, I do however look forward to these.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Be advised, as far as having them share a thread, that these do not appear to be a paired up set of episodes and are simply listed as airing tonight in subsequent half hour blocks and may not automatically be paired up as future repeats.
Andy said on Twitter that it was a 4 part final, so that's why I put both in one thread.

https://twitter.com/wolfboy74/status...244481537?s=20

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:33 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The Hamato ancestor's voice!

(edit: Can't find credits online, nor is it credited on the suspected actor's IMDB...but it's got to be him, right? And I'm not even gonna say who.)

Yeah, if you aren't crazy about this series, these were pretty worth seeing. It would be such a different show if the whole thing looked like this.

Honestly, I think I liked the first one better. I like the Turtles actually trying to be serious for once... even if it seems a bit forced since they had zero chance to actually train (aside from right now) and some of it seemed laid on a bit thick and random in some ways, but still rather enjoyable for them to try to get serious for once. Too bad that didn't last... dammit. The whole Hamato clan thing too. That sorta sucks. Wish they didn't walk back on those. But otherwise these eps were some of the best.

Anyone who likes this Splinter will probably love him in these.

And FINALLY got a hint of an answer to the backstory for Mayhem.

Draxum...
Spoiler:
Yeah, he didn't get to be "Shredder" for long, and never really was.

The RPer will probably be happy, just saying...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-16-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:47 PM   #5
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

26 Insane in the Mama Train-
Honestly I'm kinda mixed on this one I was excited when I found out they were using the ninjas garb but it kinda turned into "See guys we are acting like the REAL TMNT" which even I as fan of the show thought was kinda annoying. But other than the episode was good, like always the animation and comedy was top notch too and I really enjoyed how the voice actor for 2k12 Splinter voiced the Hamato ninja.

26 - End Game
Thought this was the better episode of course we get the "It's what makes us different that makes us unique" but I do loved how the turtles pretty much combined their skills and abilities to defeat Draxum and speaking of Draxum we actually learned some backstory about him apparently he is an orginal Yokai alchemist who heard the prophecy of the Yokai getting extinct so he decided to turn the humans into mutants in the hopes of stopping said extinction. Splinter was pretty much great in this episode and its amazing how much he changed in the 1st episode compare him sleeping after milk and cake to taking on over 30 foot clan members including the Lieutenants. The show continues to give me Trigger flashbacks when Draxum turned into a drill(I was half expecting Fight The Power to play when the turtles went off to fight Draxum). Going back to the whole combining powers I also really enjoyed how it was April who finished Draxum off by using a baseball bat people may not like this version but I really enjoyed her character in this past season(even if she gets little annoying).What I didn't expect however was that this episode was going to end in a cliffhanger so yeah really excited for the next episode.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:21 AM   #6
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Loved die Finale! Especially the comic book part teenage mutant flashback...man i wish there were comics to this Show looking like this out.
Hoon lee!!!!just too Great. For me he was the best Part of the 2k12 Show.
Speaking of that...i liked that they took some Element from every Cartoons iteration in die first episodes beginning (donnie swinging his bo when charging was from 2k3 and something Else that just Escapes me Now, hoon lee and the hamato clan symbol came from 2k12, as well as the very first shot of the Opening being the same image as from 2k12s Debut episode (which coincidentally was also called rise of the tmnt...), and i Feel like that cake fight in the lair was very much in style of the 80s original cartoon(also Mikes Farewell to the pizza)..so, if they indeed deliberately went for the reference, i found it great.

Man, this show is Really a lot of fun to Watch in my oppinion...de have Now more Canon, they picked up Stuff from the very first episode and the Action is so much fun and filled to the brim with dynamic🤣
Old 11-17-2019, 05:57 AM   #7
Ninjinister
無問題

Old 11-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #8
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

So now we have confirmation that Splinter is Hamato Yoshi and that Liu zitsu is the name he was using on movies. Very soon i will kill the turtles!
Old 11-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #9
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Greatest visual joke in all of TMNT history.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

So I'm guessing Draxum pulled a Voldemort? He thought he was building power to prevent the end of the world but his actions only helped make it possible, then ended up being too weak to really correct that.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #11
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Well, the conclusion was neat. The rest of the episode was a bit dissapointing in my opinion though. I did like Splinter's character development, started off literally a filthy rat but evolved into a kind loving father like his past Splinter characters. I wonder how the next season will start? It ended with Shredder officially being reborn and the turtles watching it all happen, they shouldn't be able to go back to the normal after all this, you'd think. I guess it depends on how things are handled, even in the 2003 and 2012 turtles had some down time after Shredder happened. I hope the next character to get character development of this show is Leo, I really want to see how he turns things around after everything.

Edit;

Did they say season two starts right away? I think I remember hearing that but can't remember.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I did see an ad claiming that there is a new ep next Saturday, so I guess season 2 starts next weekend. (It's not immediately running off for a hiatus? Kind of surprising.)

I hope it will continue the cliffhanger. Though going by the other known titles, including early season Flushed and Lair Games that we already saw... not holding my breath that we aren't going right back to the same formula we've been on and soon to be asking "Shredder who?"
Old 11-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #13
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So speaking of Sakuga that Leo scene was almost Sword of the Stranger good(okay I exaggerate but it was awesome.)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also I another thing I notice was that these entire fight scenes are a callback to the first episode, Leo lost his swords to Baron's knights, Raph got his butt kicked by the mentioned and Donnie could't land a hit on Baron because of Mikey.

Also not only does this show have Gurren Lagaan refrences but also Evangelion

Old 11-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #14
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

After seeing what shredder looks like. This show is basically Bayturtles the animated series.

Big hulking Robot shredder
short small Splinter
Big hulking Raph
Donnie with tech crap all over his body.
etc
Old 11-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
After seeing what shredder looks like. This show is basically Bayturtles the animated series.

short small Splinter
Big hulking Raph
etc
Three out of four are rather superficial similarities, and the thing about Shredder being a robot ain't quite right. The most relevant similarity I can think of aside from aesthetics is that a major villain intentionally made the turtles in a lab for some evil purpose, which actually started with IDW and the three versions of that idea are very different in terms of who and why.

Come back to me when at least some of these apply:
  • April as a newsreporter
  • Vernon running around hitting on her
  • Casey as a bland corrections officer
  • Eric Sacks
  • All the Turtles being 220 cm tall and able to punch cargo containers across a dock
  • Bebop and Rocksteady having more screen time than the actual villains
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #16
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

short small Splinter
Big hulking Raph
etc
Well not a robot but sentient armor which isn't that different from Tengu Shredder

That's true in almost every incarnation sans 2k12

True

I would't consider head, back and arm "all over his body"
Old 11-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Am I remembering correctly that this Shredder, sans Draxum, had a rather oddly long neck going on there...? With those claws, all it needs is a dino tail and we've got a Demon Shreddersaurus Rex.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:44 AM   #18
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam a ancient demon just like i was in 2003 series not a utrom or a utrom inside a robot like i also was in 2003 series.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #19
matteso586
Stone Warrior

1) Remember the Foot Recruit's debut episode? Maybe Shredder's face was the artifact that she was tasked to find. 2) Any idea how April hid her jacket (or at least the sleeves) while in disguise? 3) The thing that Draxum gave to Big Mama. Think it could be important later on?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:43 AM   #20
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Sorry for the ones who hate it when I start talking about my fan comics but in this case I have to.

Because I had this scene in my recently finished comic where because of 2012 Hun having defeated the Rise-Turtles, injuring Mikey and Leo and Donnie with a broken leg from his visit to the 2012 world, a B-team was assembled to start keeping an eye on things.

So when I saw "End game" I went "WHAT, NO WAY!"

I had no way of knowing that that episode would have a B-team, let alone that I got Bullhop and Frankenfoot as members right.

I drew that scene almost two months ago, I simply had no idea that the actual series would get a B-team.