The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 05:37 AM   #1
ticktack
Foot Soldier

Headcanon

So Saki was a boy with sheep skin (innocent looking outside) because he befriend with Yoshi but on the other hand wanted too see yoshi's (other headcanon would have been tang shen's) destroyal (humanity, economical- money, sucsess etc) so when he's done his bad work (killing, burning the house), he's dragging Tang Shen in there, in his story, and making up the existence of his love gh#%^##&f for someone and some other unnessesary things. If he valued his friend/brother he would let him be happy on his own, not obsessed (even if the love was true) with smth smth Tabg Swen.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
Ceres
Stone Warrior

nice headcanon, got more of them?

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:34 AM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Huh?

In all seriousness, I am having difficulty understanding your post.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:39 AM   #4
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

^ Agreed and maybe explain a little on the point of this thread?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree also that this post is very hard to follow.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
Headcanon
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #7
ticktack
Foot Soldier

the point was about fun of sharing opinions and a little goofying around on this forum. Thanks EmpressOfShadows, your compliment was nice. Also Saki/Yoshi were calling themselves to be ''brothers'', Splinter aka Hamato Yoshi at least.

neatoman, you're rude, why would I need to listen the word ''no'' for 30 seconds?! *rhetorical question*

.....:d......

Last edited by Jester; 06-11-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Oh well i have headcanons too, for example one of them is Kraang Sub-Prime secretly loves to be a teenage girl that is why he still walks around in this ridiculous Irma suit and also has a rather juvenile talking style xD. Another Headcanon is that K-Prime is female, no matter what other people say, that is why its a headcanon of mine ;P.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
neatoman, you're rude, why would I need to listen the word ''no'' for 30 seconds?! *rhetorical question*
Because "headcanon" is an interpretation mixed in with a theory, but usually without much reason to back it up and just go with it because they think it's cool.

I could say "Leonardo is the reincarnation of Oroku Nagi" and stick to it but there are a number of problems with that, first and foremost that Oroku Nagi has never been mention on the show and there are no hints toward his existance, so it's an invalid interpretation for very basic reasons.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #10
ticktack
Foot Soldier

neatoman, I haven't included Oroku Nagi in my post. By saying brother/friend I ment Splinter/Yoshi-Saki/Shredder relationship. Yoshi (Splinter) adressed their relàtionship to be as ''he was to me as a brother'' before.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #11
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
neatoman, I haven't included Oroku Nagi in my post. By saying brother/friend I ment Splinter/Yoshi-Saki/Shredder relationship. Yoshi (Splinter) adressed their relàtionship to be as ''he was to me as a brother'' before.
Uh, he was making an example.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #12
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
That's not the point, the point was that I think "headcanon" is a dumb concept. Having an interpretation or theory is something valid, but you should not drag nonsense into it. If you do that it makes the interpretation or theory invalid.

The "Leo is Oroku Nagi" thing was an example I came up with to illustrate this.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #14
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS THE WAY YOU WANT TO?!?

Or...something.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

So headcanon is just...fanfiction? Pretend? Is that what's happening? I still don't get it.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Headcanon is a tumblr thing, they come up with scenarios involving characters (usually their sexuality or if they're "demi" whatever the hell that means), and post short theories about them. Essentially mini-fanfiction.

Its something the anime crowd does a lot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #17
pennydreadful
trash

Not exactly. Headcanon is, and always has been, a fandom term for someone's personal take on/interpretation of canon material. While that can include ships, it can also cover things as simple as what someone feels happened after or in-between an episode, or what a fan thinks a character's fave taste in music might be, or a back-story for a character that doesn't have one... even something small like how the Turtles manage to get money for pizza. A character might be shown to die on-screen but someone has a headcanon that they didn't actually die, just were terribly injured, for example - so it can extend to AUs in some instances.

If enough other fans share that headcanon and/or it shows up frequently in fanworks, then it becomes fanon - for example, Draco Malfoy often wearing leather pants in fanfiction.

There is some bleed-over between headcanon and fanon because fandom is, by its nature, interactive and therefore organic and always growing.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #18
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

So it's pretend. People are pretending and imagining things. Got it.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #19
pennydreadful
trash

All fiction is pretend, if we're going to get technical about it. The entire franchise is based on people pretending that turtles are ninjas.

I'm of the opinion that a story being done by a fan doesn't inherently mean that it has no value, just like something being canon doesn't necessarily mean it's great (e.g. Volume 4). At the end of the day, it just comes back to whose pretending has been officially licensed and whose hasn't. Fans can do great stuff and sh*tty stuff, just like official staff. *shrugs*

To get an idea of how much classic literature is technically fanfic/was based on someone else's original works and how blurry the line can get, you can check out this list here: http://bookshop.livejournal.com/1044495.html

Though to bring this back to the thread's original point, I didn't fully understand what the OP was trying to say either.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #20
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Huh, someone doesn't "get" head-canon. Imagine that. It's no more or less than things like thinking Donatello has a mild addiction to coffee, or that Leonardo is into calligraphy and haiku poetry, or Mikey's interest in comics extends to trying to write or draw his own. Or, yes, shipping Raph with Alopex because they seem mildly interested in each other, or whatever else someone might "imagine" for any given character or storyline based on the canon material. (For instance, I have a head-canon for OT Donnie that he's a- non-functional- hermaphrodite; his mood swings, general lack of interest in females [or anything outside of his lab], higher voice, choice of purple, and that odd flub in Donatello's Degree where the professor thought he was a girl because of his name gave me the idea. It was just a funny way to explain all of that without going with the over-done trope of him being gay. Having him be secretly half female instead just seemed to fit the circumstances.....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote