The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-23-2022, 02:44 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Transformers G1: The Unofficial Continuation (2014-2016)

Found these on Youtube and was quite curious about this

For anyone in the Transformers community, did you ever hear anything more about these guys? I saw them promoting it on a couple of the TF fan forums but there's not a whole lot of discussion about it.

I found a kickstarter for it with a video message from it's creator saying he had work commitments and was trying to raise funds to take the pressure off of himself, the crowdfunding made about a hundred bucks and stopped cold right there.

He said Hasbro had monetized the videos, so that's probably why they didn't shut them down.

I wonder if he's still working on it, or if his job just permanently distracted him?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:58 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Alright, so in case anyone is confused about this, it's essentially just a fandub of Headmasters which is a full anime series that replaced the last three episodes of the American version in Japan. I also saw some footage of Masterforce in the trailer, which is the second anime series that followed, so I'm assuming that will be included as well. There is some editing so that the shows don't contradict the last three episodes and to give Optimus a bigger role before he dies again, but I doubt it would continue on like that and pretty much just become a more straightforward dub.

Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory are all on DVD with official english subs anyway. So if you are fine with the last three episodes being contradicted, Optimus getting killed off again and no English audio track, then there already exists 129 episodes of continuation for you to watch.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:08 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright, so in case anyone is confused about this, it's essentially just a fandub of Headmasters which is a full anime series that replaced the last three episodes of the American version in Japan. I also saw some footage of Masterforce in the trailer, which is the second anime series that followed, so I'm assuming that will be included as well. There is some editing so that the shows don't contradict the last three episodes and to give Optimus a bigger role before he dies again, but I doubt it would continue on like that and pretty much just become a more straightforward dub.

Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory are all on DVD with official english subs anyway. So if you are fine with the last three episodes being contradicted, Optimus getting killed off again and no English audio track, then there already exists 129 episodes of continuation for you to watch.
It's got nothing to do with a straight-up Headmasters dub. Just because it's used footage from it doesn't mean he was going to properly adapt it. he only planned to do nine episodes for this 'season. These all had an original story.

We'll never know anyway, seeing as the project stopped putting out new stuff in 2017.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-23-2022 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Got some answers to the mystery over on the F.A.N forums

Quote:
the guy who was working on the voice work says his HDD crashed and he lost all the assets and was too heartbroken to re-do it all.

So, likely that.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #5
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Those DVDs are now out of print.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:43 PM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This has apparently been back in production for a while, the second part of the current story is hoped to be completed by August but they've yet to schedule it.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:34 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And they're back after a five year abscence

Old 08-24-2022, 10:28 AM   #8
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

WELL... YOU GOTTA GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR TRYING. I personally like it, they put in the best effort they could to make it at least a little authentic-looking.

I am amazed that hasbro hasn't tried to do a direct US G1 cartoon continuation in 'toon or Comic format, that's just money they are leaving on the table.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panda cuck fan, panda_not_a_cuck