The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 05-25-2022, 07:50 AM   #561
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I guess we'll know more during the Limited Run showcase that airs on June 6th (they've been teasing the release date will finally be revealed), but what I want to know is if this physical release will come out on the same day it drops on the digital stores.

Or is this going to be something where the game comes out either in June or August, but the physical games are in production and not available until like the fall ... and that's just even the standard release. With Limited Run Games, you'll pre order the collector's edition in June and maybe, hopefully see it around the same time next year.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:51 AM   #562
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm sure the details and release date will be confirmed on June 6, but as I understood the LimitedRun's post, the physical game will be sold in retail stores, which has been a precedent in some of their other releases. I ASSUME, the physical releases (standard edition) will coincide with launch day, but I guess we will have to wait to find out.

EDIT:
Here is the comment:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...41942298234883

Also, more confirmation that the LimitedRun Collector's Edition will be different than the international "Signature Edition":
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...98942038245377
It will be exclusive to the LimitedRun website and it will come out after the standard release:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...01132886708224

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 05-25-2022 at 08:00 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:54 AM   #563
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm sure the details and release date will be confirmed on June 6, but as I understood the LimitedRuns post, the physical game will be sold in retail stores, which has been a precedent in some of their other releases. I ASSUME, the physical releases (standard edition) will coincide with launch day, but I guess we will have to wait to find out.
Hoping that's the case! Personally would rather have this game on physical without having to double dip with digital first from the FOMO until the physical game comes in.

That said, what have people down in that situation where they pre order a physical copy down the road of a game they can buy digitally? Just not open their new physical copy or never play it?

With the Switch I know you have to be really mindful of in GB for storage when it comes to physical vs. digital, even for a game like this.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:32 AM   #564
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
That said, what have people down in that situation where they pre order a physical copy down the road of a game they can buy digitally? Just not open their new physical copy or never play it?
Since I've had a Switch, I have bough a couple games digitally (on BIG sale) that I already owned physically, but I have yet to buy any physical copies of games I already owned digitally. And I only mean the same "versions" like a specific console; "Retro Collecting" is a different category in my mind. However, one advantage of double-dipping is that you can always delete the digital version from you system for spatial management and still pop in the physical copy for no-waiting gameplay. I'm guessing games with DLC bundles should allow you to keep the DLC portions while saving some space without having the original game, but I haven't tried that with some of mine yet.

Quote:
With the Switch I know you have to be really mindful of in GB for storage when it comes to physical vs. digital, even for a game like this.
Fortunately, one of the TributeGames dev members confirmed Shredder's Revenge to be around 1GB in size, strategically optimized from around 4-5 GB:
Spoiler:

Very convenient for Switch owners without any microSD card expansions.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-25-2022, 10:20 AM   #565
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Dotemu confirmed in their original tweet about physical versions that they'd be coming "post launch." However, LRG also confirmed that their version would ship at the same time as the international physical versions, so I'm guessing that means not quite as long a wait as usual.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:00 AM   #566
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Dotemu confirmed in their original tweet about physical versions that they'd be coming "post launch." However, LRG also confirmed that their version would ship at the same time as the international physical versions, so I'm guessing that means not quite as long a wait as usual.
Interesting ... I wonder if the "radical physical edition" is in reference to the collector's editions but the standard ones will release when it comes out digitally.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:39 PM   #567
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Based on the eShop, looks like the game "may" be priced at $28.99

Old 05-26-2022, 09:41 PM   #568
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...uw&oe=62954D85
That's a fair price.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:19 AM   #569
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...uw&oe=62954D85
Weird, I'm seeing it listed as $24.99.

Very much looking forward to the inevitable digital sale price a year down the road, since I intend to buy physical early.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-27-2022, 11:03 AM   #570
CyberCubed
Overlord

So let me get this straight the classic collection is $40 but the new game is only $30? I know it's 13 games versus 1 but usually new games would be more than a collection.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:38 AM   #571
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So let me get this straight the classic collection is $40 but the new game is only $30? I know it's 13 games versus 1 but usually new games would be more than a collection.
Licensing costs plus Konami being more greedy than DotEmu?

View my sketch work!
Old 06-02-2022, 08:21 AM   #572
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The current Nintendo Switch digital listing for this game is... interesting.
https://www.nintendo.com/store/produ...evenge-switch/

Spoiler:
HEROES IN A HALF SHELL

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features groundbreaking gameplay rooted in timeless classic brawling mechanics, brought to you by the beat ’em up experts at Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4) and Tribute Games. Bash your way through gorgeous pixel art environments and slay tons of hellacious enemies with your favorite Turtle, each with his own skills and moves - making each run unique! Choose a fighter, use radical combos to defeat your opponents and experience intense combats loaded with breathtaking action and outrageous ninja abilities. Stay sharp as you face off against Shredder and his faithful Foot Clan alone, or grab your best buds and play with up to four players simultaneously!

TURTLE BOYS DON’T CUT KRANG NO SLACK

With Bebop and Rocksteady assaulting Channel 6 and stealing super gnarly devices to support Krang and Shredder’s latest twisted plan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge sees the Turtles battling across a righteous range of timeless TMNT locations. From Manhattan and Coney Island, to city rooftops and dank sewers, help the fearsome foursome trounce Foot Soldiers, Triceraton Warriors, and Rock Troops all the way to Dimension X!

TURTLE POWER!!

Enjoy stunning full-color pixel art graphics and a vintage TMNT vibe that will rock you straight back to the awesome 80s. Every character, vehicle, weapon, item, and background is directly inspired by the 1987 TV show, making you feel like you hopped into the television -- with a dope mix of killer humor and action-packed adventures!

FEATURES:

Gnarly game design takes you back to the ’80s
Beautiful full-color pixel art graphics
Old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh mechanics
Up to six players simultaneously
Play with iconic TMNT characters and vehicles in diverse gameplay options
Radical new story mode

Release date: 2022
No. of players: Single System (1-6) Online (1-6)
Genre: Action, Multiplayer, Fighting, Arcade
Publisher: DotEmu
ESRB rating: Everyone 10+
Supported play modes: TV mode, Tabletop mode, Handheld mode
Game file size: 917 MB
Supported languages: Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, American English

View my sketch work!
Old 06-02-2022, 10:10 AM   #573
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
The current Nintendo Switch digital listing for this game is... interesting.
https://www.nintendo.com/store/produ...evenge-switch/

Spoiler:
HEROES IN A HALF SHELL

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features groundbreaking gameplay rooted in timeless classic brawling mechanics, brought to you by the beat ’em up experts at Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4) and Tribute Games. Bash your way through gorgeous pixel art environments and slay tons of hellacious enemies with your favorite Turtle, each with his own skills and moves - making each run unique! Choose a fighter, use radical combos to defeat your opponents and experience intense combats loaded with breathtaking action and outrageous ninja abilities. Stay sharp as you face off against Shredder and his faithful Foot Clan alone, or grab your best buds and play with up to four players simultaneously!

TURTLE BOYS DON’T CUT KRANG NO SLACK

With Bebop and Rocksteady assaulting Channel 6 and stealing super gnarly devices to support Krang and Shredder’s latest twisted plan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge sees the Turtles battling across a righteous range of timeless TMNT locations. From Manhattan and Coney Island, to city rooftops and dank sewers, help the fearsome foursome trounce Foot Soldiers, Triceraton Warriors, and Rock Troops all the way to Dimension X!

TURTLE POWER!!

Enjoy stunning full-color pixel art graphics and a vintage TMNT vibe that will rock you straight back to the awesome 80s. Every character, vehicle, weapon, item, and background is directly inspired by the 1987 TV show, making you feel like you hopped into the television -- with a dope mix of killer humor and action-packed adventures!

FEATURES:

Gnarly game design takes you back to the ’80s
Beautiful full-color pixel art graphics
Old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh mechanics
Up to six players simultaneously
Play with iconic TMNT characters and vehicles in diverse gameplay options
Radical new story mode

Release date: 2022
No. of players: Single System (1-6) Online (1-6)
Genre: Action, Multiplayer, Fighting, Arcade
Publisher: DotEmu
ESRB rating: Everyone 10+
Supported play modes: TV mode, Tabletop mode, Handheld mode
Game file size: 917 MB
Supported languages: Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, American English
Six players, eh? Interesting, indeed. Sounds like a crap-fest, but hard to say without trying the game. I know they are focused even more on the "crowd control" aspect though, so maybe it could work. If nothing else, it's probably the best mode for a drunken laugh with friends.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #574
The Deadman
Foot Elite

We have a price but still no release date.

Last Movie Watched: Ghostbusters II (1989).
Last TV Show Watched: The Book of Boba Fett (S1:E5).
Last Video Game Played: The Medium (XSS).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:34 AM   #575
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Six players, eh? Interesting, indeed. Sounds like a crap-fest, but hard to say without trying the game. I know they are focused even more on the "crowd control" aspect though, so maybe it could work. If nothing else, it's probably the best mode for a drunken laugh with friends.
Looks like the Switch page got updated to note only 4-players as expected.

Interestingly, it also removed the promise of online multiplayer.

View my sketch work!
Old 06-03-2022, 11:37 AM   #576
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Interestingly, it also removed the promise of online multiplayer.
What? I wouldn't even buy it, then. When am I ever going to have a bunch of people physically over who want to sit down and play a 16 bit TMNT side-scrolling beat'em up? Maybe in 1995 I could find people.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:41 AM   #577
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What? I wouldn't even buy it, then. When am I ever going to have a bunch of people physically over who want to sit down and play a 16 bit TMNT side-scrolling beat'em up? Maybe in 1995 I could find people.
I expect online play will be a feature eventually (heck, even Nick All-Star Brawl has it on Switch), but I was just pointing out that it was listed as a feature yesterday and it's not listed today. They had to correct the typo about 6-player play, but they also removed that other bit for whatever reason.

View my sketch work!
Old 06-03-2022, 09:48 PM   #578
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

It will have online lol
RaphaelinSTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:25 AM   #579
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Should be some news at 4pm ET :
https://www.twitch.tv/limitedrungames

View my sketch work!
Old 06-06-2022, 02:45 PM   #580
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yikes. That was bad.

No real news outside of little information about the collector's edition that I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not given that it's Limited Run Games and they like to be silly / troll.

Free pan pizza? Shredder action figure?

Also, they purposely bleeped out the release date and even now I'm at the point where this is becoming obnoxious. Dotemu must be saving the release date for something they know more eyes are going to be on with Thursday ... no wonder Limited Run Games deleted that tweet about a release date last week.

That said, Limited Run Games did add a placeholder for the game on each system .... so yay?