The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 46 75.41%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 24.59%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #1501
Leo656
The Franchise

I mostly only see old people wearing masks anymore, but then they're the only people who really ought to bother in the first place.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #1502
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty much. At the start of the pandemic all we should've done is push into production millions of extra N95s and made them freely available for the elderly or at risk and then they can wear them if they want. That's it.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:58 PM   #1503
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, but without the mass panic Biden never would've won the election.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:05 PM   #1504
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"We need to do exactly what China is doing, immediately!" remains insanity.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Old 05-13-2022, 06:12 AM   #1505
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"We need to do exactly what China is doing, immediately!" remains insanity.
Yeah...

That's why I was suspicious of the severity of the virus from the get-go. I saw the numbers coming out of China, Italy, the Diamond Princess cruise ship, etc; and saw that it didn't seem very deadly compared to the yearly flu (there were instances of high flu counts and deaths since 2018 as well), and was mostly affecting people over 82 years old, particularly in Italy. After some in-depth research back in April 2020, I concluded that the virus wasn't so deadly that we needed to lockdown essentially the entire world.

The videos of people dropping dead in the streets from China seemed really fake too. Even still, it was clear that the answer wasn't to weld people into their homes, or halt everything in society. It boggles my mind that the "experts" managed to convince the world that this was worth destroying the economy, people's mental and physical health, and so on.

Anyway, how about them Ninja Turtles?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #1506
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post

Anyway, how about them Ninja Turtles?
Don't worry bout them. Just like how turtle pox only affects mutant turtles and not humans, the turtles can't catch corona.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:44 AM   #1507
Stone Warrior

bill gates cries “tragic” if conspiracy theories about him are keeping people from getting vaccinated

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...accinated/amp/

i say the heck with it, some people simply dont wanna inject themselves with unknown chemicals from a very desperate and demannding virtue signaling propaganda campaign by big pharma/nwo

my body my choice

no force-vaxxing!!!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:59 AM   #1508
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It really comes down to basic leftist frustrations with the right. "Why won't they listen to me?! Don't they know that I know what's best for them?" And then it just keeps ballooning from there with them getting more and more frustrated/angry/catty.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:21 PM   #1509
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It really comes down to basic leftist frustrations with the right. "Why won't they listen to me?! Don't they know that I know what's best for them?" And then it just keeps ballooning from there with them getting more and more frustrated/angry/catty.
IKR, I wish they'd just leave the rest of us alone. Be as weird as you want, call us whatever you want, wish us ill if you want (as long as you're not vocal about it) but for god's sake, leave us the damn **** alone and stop imposing your will upon us.

Not everyone wants to play the Woke Game.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-16-2022, 08:35 PM   #1510
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife's cousin apparently has Covid, or had it. My mother-in-law told her about it; of course she puts it over all panic-stricken, like "This is the second time she's had it! I knew this was gonna happen, they're not vaccinated! This is what happens! She's doing really bad, I wish people would be more careful, I wish she'd have gotten vaccinated, this is awful!"

So my wife texts her cousin asking her what's going on, she replies something like "LOL I'm fine, don't even have any symptoms, going back to work tomorrow." She tells her about the horror story her Mom spun and her cousin's like "LoL No idea, everything's fine."

Such a huge disconnect between the Very Afraid people and the ones who don't give a sh*t. My mother-in-law hasn't had it yet, that we know of, but she's scared of her own shadow over it, still. But despite the numerous people we know personally who've had Covid, and how ALL of them are fine and swore up and down the whole ordeal was no worse than a bad cold... she still talks about it like it's the Black Death.

I mean, I understand it's partly because her own mother died of Covid complications. But for one thing, she was also 90-something, so yeah. Also, supposedly the autopsy said that she may have developed sudden-onset leukemia after having received the vaccine, and that catching Covid merely pushed her over, so technically, the shot might have done more to take her out than the virus did. Dead is dead either way, but yeah... it's a bit murky.

But I mean, as awful as it is, a 90-something person dying of Covid-related complications... that's expected, and as harsh as it sounds that's "normal". Everyone else is fine, was fine, and continues to be fine.

The social conditioning runs really deep, in some people. I can't imagine being so constantly afraid of things I have zero control over. I'd never get out of bed.

Old 05-17-2022, 06:23 AM   #1511
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

I met a dude I used to see at cons all the time and he was pale as a ghost & scared when I walked up & said hey. Then he got even paler, if thats possible, when I said I never stopped going out daily & seeing people... And I flew to Indiana to meet a couple friends then visited w comic shops & Kokomo Toys... thats when he started to really sweat. Of all the people I know who have claimed having covid, only one was not vaxxed and every single other person got covid post 1st shot & has been sicker than usual since. Allergies have hit them harder too. And right now our hospitals are reporting over 80% of patients with covid are 3x vaxxed and either 87 or 82 % of those that have died recently of or with covid are vaxxed.

I had a sore throat, supposedly a symptom last Sunday thru like Wednesday, I think. Started taking vitamin c monday & just kept doing the same day to day, no one died and I'm fine too.
mrmaczaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:39 AM   #1512
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The social conditioning runs really deep, in some people. I can't imagine being so constantly afraid of things I have zero control over. I'd never get out of bed.
Yep, this is my take on it as well. Maybe it's because I was basically a prisoner in my own home during my childhood so I learned, from an early age, that freedom is extremely precious and not worth compromising. I think a lot of people are really, irrationally afraid of death. And sure, to an extent, I am as well (maybe not irrationally...). It's just that I think living life is more important.

Last edited by superstaff; 05-17-2022 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:07 PM   #1513
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Morons. Of COURSE it's not going to help:

https://komonews.com/news/local/issa...ates-will-help

Old 05-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #1514
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Apparently they will FINALLY start working on a new and improved vaccine to prevent people from constantly needing boosters every 6 months or so. Never mind this is like the 5th shot. Expected roll out July cause they're already expecting a huge surge this winter.

Also on a slightly related note, the actor of Jason from the Power Rangers just got caught committing Paycheck Protection Plan fraud. For those that don't know, back in 2020 if you missed work cause you caught CoVid or are watching a sick child or spouse with CoVid, employers were able to pay you using money from the PPP Loan rather than their own funds, tough times for businesses and all that.

So Jason got out a bunch of fake loans alongside some co-conspirators and finally got caught by The Man.

Dammit Jason, what did Zordon teach you?

Old 05-20-2022, 05:02 PM   #1515
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Apparently they will FINALLY start working on a new and improved vaccine to prevent people from constantly needing boosters every 6 months or so. Never mind this is like the 5th shot. Expected roll out July cause they're already expecting a huge surge this winter.
Sigh. The saga continues...

Quote:
Also on a slightly related note, the actor of Jason from the Power Rangers just got caught committing Paycheck Protection Plan fraud. For those that don't know, back in 2020 if you missed work cause you caught CoVid or are watching a sick child or spouse with CoVid, employers were able to pay you using money from the PPP Loan rather than their own funds, tough times for businesses and all that.

So Jason got out a bunch of fake loans alongside some co-conspirators and finally got caught by The Man.

Dammit Jason, what did Zordon teach you?
Jason was always my least favorite from MMPR. I even liked Bulk and Skull more than Jason. I found him hopelessly boring.

That said, it's pretty scummy to do that if it's true, and it seems like he did get caught red-handed doing it.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:11 PM   #1516
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So I've had COVID since at least last Thursday.

What's it like? At first waves of fatigue hit me throughout that first day. Like a growing head cold when you know you're getting sick with one, followed by mild fever. I went home and went to sleep. The next day I woke up with a horrible, horrible headache. Fever. Drippy nose and a lot of sneezing. My voice got really raspy and still is, but I never got much in the way of a sore throat and nothing at all going on in my chest. Still have a mild headache, almost a week later and a general kind of sleepiness. Maybe a slight fever still.

What's interesting to me is that this simultaneously hit about 10 others at work. I've had the two vaccine doses and no booster but ALL of these people had their booster shot and it seems to be impacting them all in exactly the same ways and some in much worse ways than me. Just based on this limited "experiment," the booster seems completely useless.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:23 PM   #1517
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sounds like getting covid is still really bad though, I don't want to be sick for a week with a headache or feel horrible.

I rarely ever get sick, but when it happens I'm pretty much dead in the water and can barely do anything. I never had covid though, so hopefully it stays this way. But it's so weird when you get sick your whole body just...shuts down. Like you can barely move, eat, or do much of anything. It's just so weird how it feels like you become basically a walking zombie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:41 PM   #1518
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's like a really bad sinus infection, basically.

Old 05-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #1519
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So I've had COVID since at least last Thursday.

What's it like? At first waves of fatigue hit me throughout that first day. Like a growing head cold when you know you're getting sick with one, followed by mild fever. I went home and went to sleep. The next day I woke up with a horrible, horrible headache. Fever. Drippy nose and a lot of sneezing. My voice got really raspy and still is, but I never got much in the way of a sore throat and nothing at all going on in my chest. Still have a mild headache, almost a week later and a general kind of sleepiness. Maybe a slight fever still.

What's interesting to me is that this simultaneously hit about 10 others at work. I've had the two vaccine doses and no booster but ALL of these people had their booster shot and it seems to be impacting them all in exactly the same ways and some in much worse ways than me. Just based on this limited "experiment," the booster seems completely useless.
The vaxx itself it less than 12% effective and approximately 80% likely to make you more ill if/when you get sick. Sounds like its doing what tptb intended.
mrmaczaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:19 PM   #1520
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Everyone’s different, everyone fights it back differently, sounds like you’re fighting it better than your colleagues. Sorry to hear you managed to get it. The missus and I both got it within days of each other a few months back. We both have had three shots, in fact the latter two we got together at the same time from the same batch of vaccine. She was rendered almost bed ridden for two days and still occasionally gets signs she may have long COVID. I was practically asymptomatic. In fact I only found out I was positive as I took a test as she was positive.

Tags
indigocuck