The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2022, 06:35 PM   #141
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

Even IDW has gone down hill...and that was the shining bright spot.
Even though I personally never thought IDW was half as good as people swore it was, one of the most heartbreaking things to me was having SO many people who used to try SO hard month after month to sell me on the book - "You REALLY gotta start reading it, man, it's the only TMNT thing worth caring about!" and so on - gradually drop off one by one and even leave the forum entirely over it. "It WAS the only TMNT thing worth caring about, and I loved it... but it's been awful ever since #100 and I just don't think it's ever gonna get better, and I just can't deal with it anymore."

((Pours one out for Cylons))

Real shame. But yeah, for me TMNT died with the Nick sale. Anybody who still gives a sh*t is a fool or a sadist. Keep liking the old stuff, the old stuff will always be there, but anyone who thinks anything truly good is EVER coming out again from this franchise simply hasn't been paying attention.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:56 PM   #142
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 24,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
While I'm not fond of the behavior threads in certain sections tend to inspire... nah. Having non-TMNT sections is at least the equivalent of putting out snacks so people will still hang out a bit while there is next to no Turtles stuff to talk about.
Exactly that. And to use the same metaphor, it'd be like people buying their tickets to see a movie at the theater that's already been out for years pointing a finger at the concession stand going, "I don't eat concessions, I just want to go and see the movie. Can we get rid of the concessions?"
__________________

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:01 PM   #143
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,412
I mean is it really SO bad that a bunch of 40-year olds who've "known" each other for years want to talk about stuff that's deeper than cartoons? I mean c'mon.

I get that some people are all about "escaping from the real world" but nobody forces them to click on any threads. And there's an Ignore function nobody seems to use that would prevent seeing any posts from "the usual suspects".

Whenever I skim other forums based on cartoons where nobody's allowed to discuss anything BUT said cartoons... it comes off kind of sad, to be honest. Like it's JUST a bunch of middle aged people gushing about toys and cartoons, without anything else to give balance or show they have anything else to them as people, and it reads like a bunch of stunted manchildren having a picnic. Even if you KNOW these people have to have deeper thoughts and feelings than just that, if all you see of them is the toy and cartoon stuff it just really makes them seem like simpletons even if you know better.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #144
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,753
Those the sorts of forums that have a fit if it goes off topic for a bit? Always hated that sort -- I mean calm down, eesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Give me the simple 80s any day....when you knew what was what.
Well, not like the 80s didn't have some of this and other stuff going on, too, we were just too young to be aware of much. Our parents were only saved by lacking the internet to argue about it on.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:51 PM   #145
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,412
Eh kinda. Like I actually don't skim too many at all - no time or patience - but the He-Man boards are one example. Everyone there is "well-behaved" to a fault, but it's also in part because you get NO leash from the Mods at all, they have a Warning/Infraction System that is heavily enforced with no leeway whatsoever.

Like, I got an infraction last year for going off-topic in a thread, like they had two separate threads about a possible He-Man movie, one about the movie itself and one just speculation/wishful thinking about the casting of such a movie. And naturally, there's a lot of crossover in such a conversation because that's how people talk. But at one point too many people were saying stuff like "Y'know who'd be good?" in the "regular" movie thread, and one of the Mods came in with "This is a reminder to keep all casting speculation/discussion in the designated Casting Speculation Thread." And then it inevitably drifted away again, because how can you NOT talk about a movie without also talking about the cast? And does it NEED to be strictly in its own thread? But in any case, the next day I (and a few others) logged on to be told via PM, "You have received one infraction for ignoring the Mods' request to keep all casting discussion in the designated thread. This infraction will be removed in 12 months if no other infractions are given. Three combined infractions will result in being Banned permanently from the forum."

It wasn't JUST me who got slapped, and the Mod actually apologized to me via PM for "having" to do it, but it's like yeesh, that's a bit draconian.

Their profanity filter is even more strict than this one, like you can't mention Dick Van Dyke or it just comes out as "**** Van ****" for example. Talking about Dick Grayson or Dick Tracy is a chore, because you're "not supposed to" try and bypass the profanity filter, but some of us just type it as "D!ck" if we're just speaking about someone's name. They've got a whole ton more censored words than we do, and like, saying something is "woke" is grounds for a Temp Ban at the least. It's a REALLY heavy-handed system. And I understand it, but I don't especially like it.

The purpose, apparently, is because they want to maintain it as a purely "family-friendly" forum, since supposedly some people browse it with their kids. I don't fully buy that, because we've heard that same chestnut here off and on but I don't really believe it; little kids don't go on forums and no parent is sitting there scrolling a forum with their young kid in their lap, and if they are then that kid can't read anyway because they're too young.

The other point is supposedly to "prevent and alleviate fights", but that also seems pretty chickensh*t to me because the He-Man fanbase skews 5-10 years older than the TMNT fanbase does, I mean there's people there pushing 50. So if they can't take a poke or a jab on a message board they might be a bit hypersensitive. I know one guy in particular is; every time anyone disagrees with them about anything, they go cry to the Mods about "harassment", to the point where the staff were like, "Either put people on Ignore or take a break, the fact people don't agree with you isn't harassment, people are allowed to have different opinions." They don't really contribute to anything, either; most of their posts are only to say they "absolutely love" something, or to reply to someone else with "I absolutely agree with everything you say!" And they do this in dozens of threads at once, every single day. And sometimes people are like, "Either tone it down or say something else." And whattya think they do? Cry to the Mods. Total manchild. Seems like a nice person, but the thinnest skin I've ever seen and it's VERY annoying.

Thankfully, most people are not That Guy, and in fact a lot of people are like, "Can we maybe lighten up a little bit with these restrictions? Everyone here is a grown adult and most of us are middle-aged." But they're like, "We need to make it a safe place for everyone." They do have a Restricted area where supposedly they allow off-brand topics like current events and things of controversy, but you have to specifically ask to be added to it and I can't be bothered. I know nobody there can handle me at full blast.

So I mean, it's a good place to talk about toys and cartoons... but JUST that. So I don't really interact there much because it's just very handcuffing to know that you can get Banned if you thread-drift a bit too much.

Like most places with "rules", I understand them while also thinking it's bullsh*t. Let adults talk like adults. Can't take it, find your Safe Space. Social media has no shortage of echo chambers and places where "You can't say that". I can't be around kids, and I can't be around "adults" who insist on acting like kids. Just the way I am.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #146
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,817
This forum would literally die without them so no, keep them open.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:51 AM   #147
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It doesn't matter, the 'usual suspects' are going to bring up politics in any thread in the TMNT only sections as well, they already do.
Mostly because politics have started to invade the series, woke politics.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:53 AM   #148
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,412
We could just send Shark_Blade to the Ukranian border and the collective Forum IQ would shoot up 700 points.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:00 AM   #149
Vegita-San
Emperor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This forum would literally die without them so no, keep them open.
yep.

And now that we are at least SOMEWHAT allowed to talk things, so long as they stay in their own area, that don't go against the democrats....it helps to have open, non heated discussion on things, now that certain people are gone...

places like He-man.org are all democrat sided, so any REAL talk is gone. those usual suspects will jump in and ree all over the place. and eventually I decided to leave, and havn't been there in over a year now. There's not much interesting going on with he-man anyway that can't be covered here, so why bother just to get abused?

and as you also stated, politics is in EVERYTHING now. I'm surprised it hasn't invaded sesame street yet considering how bad it is. that's one reason why I support 'don't say gay'... keep kids out of this mess. they'll have plenty of time to be brainwashed when they enter their teens with politics and all other crap.


say what you will about the 'quality' of 80's shows. but at least they where actual shows. even ones that starred hulk hogan and mr.t. and where just stupid fun. lets get back to that.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:04 AM   #150
Vegita-San
Emperor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Like most places with "rules", I understand them while also thinking it's bullsh*t. Let adults talk like adults. Can't take it, find your Safe Space. Social media has no shortage of echo chambers and places where "You can't say that". I can't be around kids, and I can't be around "adults" who insist on acting like kids. Just the way I am.
Except for the last sentence.. as I love being around kids being the oldest of about 7 in the family (cousins, not siblings)...

One reason why I like it here more than there. people seem a bit calmer, a bit more intelligent. and things are a bit looser. I know I can talk real without setting someone off.. and if I do, they are probably on ignore.

and if I don't set someone off, I Get to hear a logical repor' on the other side of the aisle. the way it should be.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:30 AM   #151
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But at one point too many people were saying stuff like "Y'know who'd be good?" in the "regular" movie thread, and one of the Mods came in with "This is a reminder to keep all casting speculation/discussion in the designated Casting Speculation Thread." And then it inevitably drifted away again, because how can you NOT talk about a movie without also talking about the cast?
Who is it even run by, the humorless, emotionless, strictly business office worker types who really don't know how humans work, only office procedures and legal forms? "Conversation A should only be filed using Tread 2b in accordance with the rules established by the Administrator."


Quote:
or it just comes out as "**** Van ****"
You did what to a van??



edit: Probably the only infraction I've ever had on a forum, and ridiculously stupid at that... I was new to a small game server and its forum (that I'd never posted on) and didn't really understand the layout of it. I was having an issue I was trying to figure out and had searched the forum for any clues. I found a thread via search (and had no clue what section it was from) that seemed to be about the same issue or really similar so I posted a reply. And got a 2 week ban for it and was my first post. If I was an older user who understood the layout of their forum, fine... but the new person who obviously isn't spam or purposely doing anything wrong and could just be informed to make a new thread and warned of the rules in that section? Come on. Got no help on the issue, just bureaucratic rudeness. (Ironically they later invited me to be a GM in game...)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-26-2022 at 11:42 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:38 AM   #152
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,817
It just feels like the woke left just wants to run everyone off the internet until it becomes one big leftist echo chamber.

This is one of the few places you're not forced to blindly agree with the current narrative without getting banned.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:47 AM   #153
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,753
But if you don't agree with the rightest echo chamber around these parts, that keeps being shoved into other threads by some people, you witness a blind, double standard meltdown. And all I have to say about that right here in this section...


Anyway... non-TMNT threads are the Tostitos party ad of the forums.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:58 AM   #154
Vegita-San
Emperor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It just feels like the woke left just wants to run everyone off the internet until it becomes one big leftist echo chamber.

This is one of the few places you're not forced to blindly agree with the current narrative without getting banned.
yep. one reason why I left the he-man forum. try to bring up reasonable support about #45, and you're ree-d into silence. not ways to run things.

I like hearing things about both sides. so long as they are reasonably presented.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #155
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,412
All the fun threads get shutdown early anyways. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:05 PM   #156
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 24,697
I wish Voltron hadn't closed down the "Theybies" thread. It was party time in there.
__________________

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:13 PM   #157
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's 5 years later and I think they should be shut-down.
What for? People arent allowed to talk about topics that dont pertain to the Turtles? If that's the case, the forum dies and everyone migrates to Discord.
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Fear Street Part 2 - 1978 (2021).
Last TV Show Watched: Shark Week (S32:E10).
Last Video Game Played: The Medium (XSS).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:06 PM   #158
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 1,764
Fun fact: this thread is not about Turtles and it is being used by certain members to explain how non-Turtles threads are useless. That's quite contradictory to me.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:10 PM   #159
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 24,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
If that's the case, the forum dies and everyone migrates to Discord.
Well... one of those two things will happen, at least.
__________________

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #160
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Who is it even run by, the humorless, emotionless, strictly business office worker types who really don't know how humans work, only office procedures and legal forms? "Conversation A should only be filed using Tread 2b in accordance with the rules established by the Administrator."
I actually get along pretty well with most of the Staff and am FB buddies with a few of them. It's more the site owner, also a nice guy, but he just wants to keep the place as PG-rated and conflict-free as possible. It doesn't help that he has a close relationship with Mattel and as such they have a habit of monitoring the site very closely. As such, he doesn't want ANY conflicts or hassles because it could have a bigger effect than just having to Temp Ban a few nitwits.

It is what it is, I just bite my tongue a lot more over there. As it is, I got called an "edgelord" over there today because I had the audacity to say I like the Batman comics a lot more than the 90s Animated Series. So it's probably time I take another week off. I almost quit a few times, but just like here, every time I do that I get a bunch of PMs begging me to stay.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
making complaints, upset

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.