The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #621
Vegita-San
Emperor

Talent being jerks either just in general, or to fans is really nothing new these days. it's one reason why I stopped seeking out behind the scene talent to interact with. It's rarely worth it anymore. they just arn't as classy and respectful as talent used to be.

I'm surprised they even cast biggs at all if they knew how he was on social media.....they honestly didn't think it would come back to bite them after a while?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #622
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They need to learn that anything they post on twitter. They will be hold accountable for if its offensive in nature.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #623
Leo656
The Franchise

Famous people just shouldn't have social media, period. How well has that ever worked out for anyone?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #624
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Biggs admitted that he was fired from Nickelodeon from making all of those offensive Tweets. He said that being let go from the series affected him greatly and apparently learned his lesson. I don't know. We'll see if he really means it.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...fensive-tweets
So those Twitter messages about Ann Romney and Janna Ryan just before the series premiered did get him fired! I was embarrassed of the connection of American Pie and TMNT and Nick should have known what they were doing when they hired him. Why not make a statement that he was let go back then? We had to wait until the Rat King episode about 60% through the second season to just assume he was. I suspect this is where they were in recording sessions before the series premiered and he made the sickening tweets. Perhaps there was an agreement behind the scenes that they would not publicly announce his firing when he was called in and spoken to about his comments?
Old 12-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #625
Powder
So tired of this place

Bummed me out, I really liked him as Leonardo.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:39 PM   #626
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Just a way for people to avoid taking any responsibility for their actions.
Bingo. When I read the part in the article that I'd posted yesterday that he was supposedly "devastated" that he was fired from the job, that's pretty much what I figured it was... Zero sense of personal responsibility for his behavior and finally got much needed b*** slapped by the concept, to put it bluntly.

I mean, there is a time and place for dark or crud humor, sneakiness, etc, but this guy was just an ADULT BRAT, still clinging to the rebellious teen stage, and that never looks good on anyone.

Sounds like he's had a bit of an awakening to some self awareness though. Good on him if true. The fewer obnoxious, childish adults in the world the better...
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #627
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, it really only works when you're as good-looking as I am.

If you're gonna go around pissing people off on purpose, you need SUPER long eyelashes to balance it out.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #628
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Same. Seth grew on me over a long period, but... never reached the quality of Biggs for me.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #629
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Same. Seth grew on me over a long period, but... never reached the quality of Biggs for me.
I never understood how Biggs ever gets work. When I watched Saving Silverman years ago on TV, which I deeply regretted, I had never seen a more lifeless and robotic male lead in a movie. He has always made Shia LeBeouf look like Tom Hanks and Robert Pattinson look like Daniel Day-Lewis. LaBeouf at least gave good performances in Holes and Tru Confessions and Pattinson was charming as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire, but I have never once recalled Biggs showing any good acting.

It was stupid, disgusting, and disrespectful on a multitude of levels what Biggs had done on social media. Nickelodeon really shouldn't have hired him. I simply could not watch the series when someone so slimy voices a character from a franchise that I love. Honestly, I have no idea why Disney continues to let Sarah Silverman voice Vanellope in Wreck-It Ralph. I wasn't familiar with her work or controversial humor until much later. I was also very surprised when I first learned how vulgar Pauly Shore, the guy who voices Bobby Zimuruski in the Goofy movies. The company was smart not to officially credit him for that part in the first film.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 04-26-2021 at 06:59 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #630
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Yeah. I was never a big fan of Seth Green, but he won me over pretty quickly. Did a very good job, & I appreciated his enthusiasm for both working on, & the property itself. He made a great Leonardo, & had he been in from the beginning, I'm sure he'd have been a great fit, too. But, I dunno, Biggs' Leo had a much more young & vulnerable vibe to it that I found really endearing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #631
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nobody's ever an asshole. "Drugs and alcohol made me do it!" No, you chose alcohol and drugs as a lifestyle because you're an asshole. Those things are a symptom, not a disease, as many claim. Just a way for people to avoid taking any responsibility for their actions.

My family's full of people like this. They don't ever mean it, and neither does he. Just wants what's left of his "career" back.

Get bent, Pie-F*cker!

This was also already discussed in another thread, yesterday I think. Doesn't bother me, just letting you know.
This just made me laugh. I agree btw
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #632
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
This just made me laugh. I agree btw
"In prison... he'll be the pie."

Old 12-18-2018, 05:20 AM   #633
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah. I was never a big fan of Seth Green, but he won me over pretty quickly. Did a very good job, & I appreciated his enthusiasm for both working on, & the property itself. He made a great Leonardo, & had he been in from the beginning, I'm sure he'd have been a great fit, too. But, I dunno, Biggs' Leo had a much more young & vulnerable vibe to it that I found really endearing.
Which made Green's more "Came-of-age" Leo all the more fitting.

I also loved how they handled it, by stating that Leo sounded differently because of the damage the foot clan did on his throat and everywhere else for that matter.

To be honest I can't for the life of me imagine Biggs doing that epic Leo in "Requiem" and "Owari", which were the episodes where Leo truly turned into a man.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:30 AM   #634
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Which made Green's more "Came-of-age" Leo all the more fitting.

To be honest I can't for the life of me imagine Biggs doing that epic Leo in "Requiem" and "Owari", which were the episodes where Leo truly turned into a man.
Same here, I know I've said before, I thought Green suited Leo later on after he'd experienced more and carried more weight. As Powder pointed out with the younger vibe, Biggs pulled off the teen just starting out.
Seth's Leo sounded a little strange to me at first as his voice was different but I soon came to prefer it, which is good as we had him for 3 seasons

Edit: Course If either had done the whole thing of course we wouldn't know any different. I couldn't image one of the other turtle VA's changing.

Last edited by newfan; 12-18-2018 at 05:59 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #635
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Same here, I know I've said before, I thought Green suited Leo later on after he'd experienced more and carried more weight. As Powder pointed out with the younger vibe, Biggs pulled off the teen just starting out.
Seth's Leo sounded a little strange to me at first as his voice was different but I soon came to prefer it, which is good as we had him for 3 seasons

Edit: Course If either had done the whole thing of course we wouldn't know any different. I couldn't image one of the other turtle VA's changing.
Certainly not Greg Cipes. He absolutely NAILED Michelangelo.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #636
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Certainly not Greg Cipes. He absolutely NAILED Michelangelo.
Very distinctive voice too, hard to replace. I liked a number of VA's in that show.

Last edited by newfan; 12-18-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #637
CyberCubed
Overlord

Greg Cipes is best known for Beast Boy on Teen Titans, but he did great as Mike too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #638
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Mikey sounds just like best boy though, it only fits because mikey is also immature but he hardly even tried to make the voice different.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 PM   #639
newfan
Mad Scientist

That voice will foremost be 2012 Mikey to me, but that's cause I knew it there first.
I remember thinking TTG Beast Boy was slightly higher pitched but otherwise yes, the same recognisable voice. As for him not making an effort to change it, wouldn't it also depend on what the show runners want?

Edit: Some VA's are recognisable with some of their characters, but sometimes I like it when that happens. You can recognise KMR in TTG too but I like his voice and I found it funny hearing 'who's the best daddy in the wooorld' in Shredders voice. Again just lightly different but still him.

Last edited by newfan; 12-20-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:51 AM   #640
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Greg Cipes is best known for Beast Boy on Teen Titans, but he did great as Mike too.
I recently introduced a friend of mine to the show and the first he said was "Michelangelo sounds like Beast boy, so I take it that he's voiced by the same guy?"

According to the TMNT ultimate Visual history book, Cipes was cast because of his past at voicing Beast Boy, seeing as Mikey and Beast Boy have similar characters as well. Heck Renet Tilley was voiced by Ashley Johnson who voiced Terra in Teen Titans and Cipes makes a couple of references to their past roles by mentioning "it is the pointy ears." which is something that Beast boy said to Terra when the latter asks him what the source of his Charisma is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beastboy.jpg (19.8 KB, 2 views)

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green