The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2021, 04:18 PM   #27
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Dedicated forums are where the hardcore enthusiasts gravitate, as well as those that skew older. Pick any fandom or hobby, you will find forums for those subjects, most probably already operating for 10 or 20 years if not longer.

Reddit, Facebook groups, Instagram/Twitter/Tumblr attract their own audience, I find all of them useful in their own way and check in from time-to-time. It's good to branch out and see the kinds of things that don't make their way onto the forums. Afterall, we are a very small portion of the entire fanbase.

I pretty much stopped looking at tumblr, but Twitter/Instagram are great for finding fan art and stuff of TMNT. Facebook is great for collecting due to their Groups feature. Reddit is good for news. Etc.

We used to have usenet groups. Well, technically they are still there, but mostly abandoned outside of spam. It's been fun to experience the evolution of how people find ways to gather with others who like what they like.

I think The Drome needs to evolve in order to continue attracting new fans to the discussions here. A lot of forums have moved to nicer forum software like XenForo which has more features and looks/feels modern, which is something newer users expect. Things like that can go a long way towards growing a community.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote