The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 10:29 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Doesn't the economy need "riff-raff?"
Less demand, the less the need for supply.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I would never want to be President...but hypothetically speaking I'd reveal any proof of extraterrestrials.

Policies? All city maintenance starts no earlier than 9:30am. I can't stand being woken up by construction work at 7am. This goes for residential too. No lawnmowers either.

I know I would not limit people to only have 2 kids or ban religion in public places (I don't even understand this one...it's not like the government runs on religious beliefs)

Obviously don't push your religion on others but that's already established even though some still do it.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #23
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Your constitution prohibits me from being president. Too bad, because I have some really good ideas.
  1. More paid holidays. I’m thinking of leaving a suggestion box next to the Lincoln Memorial. I’ll kick things off with Mortal Monday: commemorating those who chose their destiny, and gave their lives in Mortal Kombat. Excellent.
  2. Serious monument upgrades, i.e. Double or triple the size of the Washington Monument (pending an engineering assessment), add bodies to Mount Rushmore, fill the reflecting pool with lovely koi carp, and place a giant Maneki-neko in front of the treasury building.
  3. Rationalise Airforce One, Two, Three etc. Real Ghostbusters style. Airforce One can still be a plane, but Two is now a single-seat gyrocopter, and Three is a souped-up go-cart.
  4. Move the House of Reps to the cloud and run all policy through Rotten Tomatoes. Bills will only be enshrined into law when they are certified fresh.
  5. Nationalise important resources like Apple Computer. Those turtle-necked robber barons have horded that precious phone money for long enough… now it belongs to the people. The people can buy more phones with it if they want to.
  6. Catch the Brits unaware and Trademark the English language, then collect royalties every time someone use it. We’ll either make a fortune, or repopularise French.
  7. Standardise pizza.
  8. Give Elon Musk 12 months to put someone on the moon or he has to pay back all the tax credits.
  9. Demote the Electoral College to Electoral Fraternity/Sorority and put it on double secrete probation. Henceforth, no one shall be declared President of these United States before enduring 100 licks of the inauguration paddle, declaring “Thank you Mr Speaker, may I have another.”
  10. I will try my damnedest to enshrine Half-Price Tuesday into the constitution.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #24
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Actually I'd agree with that one. Permanent eunoch for the first offence. Rape or even attempting such should be met with severe punishment to deter such behavior.

As for platforms, surprisingly enough I agree with most of Andrew's ideas. MOST of them. (For LGBTQ matters, I would make it part of the Constitution that they have all the same rights and privliges- and citizenship responsibilities- as anyone else.
Don't forget incest couples. Shouldn't they all have the same rights and privileges too as anyone else? If we're following today's cultural logic of "consenting adults", then society should accept it then. Otherwise it would be hypocritical of the LGBTQ community, since they would be placing their own rules against what's considered "love" while criticizing other conservative groups about imposing their rules on them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...edible-7712560
http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/01...-your-dad.html
https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...kend7.weekend2
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9f619e782b22
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/si...nal-justice-et
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #25
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You sure know a lot about incest.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #26
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
You sure know a lot about incest.
Being somewhat of a news junkie, when you have these online articles (i.e. Washington Post, The Guardian, The Mirror) posting about it, and bringing up the issue. Naturally, it will make it's way up into the mainstream, including the social and legal aspects of it.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
If we're following today's cultural logic of "consenting adults", then society should accept it then.
Here's where you're off. Society doesn't have to accept it, but you shouldn't be able to implement government force against it.

Do you seriously log in to a TMNT forum to SOLELY, rail against progressivism?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Let's not act like there aren't some people who do the same on the other side of the coin.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:54 AM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Let's not act like there aren't some people who do the same on the other side of the coin.
Oh, they're even worse

The lefties have yet to show their ass in this thread though. I'm just dealing with the loon at hand.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #30
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:00 AM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Here's where you're off. Society doesn't have to accept it, but you shouldn't be able to implement government force against it.

I agree with Nines here. No one should be forced to accept anything and people just need to get over it. Not everyone believes in homosexuality or agrees with the transgender lifestyle. That's just the way it goes, but people continue to complain and act like everyone should conform when they don't have to.

As for my policies, the main thing I would want to do is just get better healthcare and make it so insurance companies can't limit the elderly to things they need as well as people recovering from strokes and such. One example is that for my dad's catheter, insurance will only allow one catheter kit per month and not allow a spare so that means Mom has to buy a spare herself in case we need one. I would make it so insurance companies would have to adhere to giving the patient whatever they need and not limiting them.

Also, doctors should treat patients as people and not numbers and should be allowed to spend as much time with their patients as they want to. It used to be that doctors would treat people like actual people and really want to know more about them. Nowadays, you're just a number and nothing more and that's a shame.

I would also make abortion illegal with no exceptions and would treat it as a murder. Doctors who perform abortions would have their licenses revoked and face prison time or the death penalty depending on the state. Same goes for the woman. Those who get pregnant as a result of rape or incest would undergo counseling and then have the choice of either keeping the baby or placing it for adoption.

Transgenders would not be allowed to use the bathroom of their identified gender unless they have fully transitioned though a separate bathroom would be implemented in a unisex capacity for those who wish to do that and to make people who may not be comfortable with a transgender using the bathroom feel more at ease.

Protesting in a peaceful manner would still be allowed but any rioting or looting would result in either prison time or community service to fix whatever damage the person caused. They would also be banned from ever protesting again.

The right to bear arms will continue as such but if someone uses their gun in a malicious manner to cause harm, said rights will be revoked from that person and they will never be allowed to use a gun again.

Illegal immigrants would be able to obtain citizenship in an easier manner if they have lived here for a certain number of years. Children of illegals shall not be deported and all families shall be able to obtain citizenship.

Those who need disability shall be able to have it if a doctor has approved it. Those who try to get disability and are not approved by a doctor shall be denied.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything else. However, I would never really want to be President because you have to play all kinds of dishonest games and that's not my forte.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #32
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

So much, "I've got mine, eff you!" so little time.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #33
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I would also make abortion illegal with no exceptions and would treat it as a murder. Doctors who perform abortions would have their licenses revoked and face prison time or the death penalty depending on the state. Same goes for the woman. Those who get pregnant as a result of rape or incest would undergo counseling and then have the choice of either keeping the baby or placing it for adoption.
So when the number of children up for adoption keeps going up, what are you going to do with them? When more and more children are pulled into foster care because their parents were unable to care for them, either because they are financially insolvent or they never really wanted kids in the first place, what would you do with them?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
So when the number of children up for adoption keeps going up, what are you going to do with them? When more and more children are pulled into foster care because their parents were unable to care for them, either because they are financially insolvent or they never really wanted kids in the first place, what would you do with them?
Send them to BubblyShell22's house.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #35
plastroncafe

Must be great to live in Larry's world.
A magical place where women never have complications during pregnancy.
But I'll never know, because gay people apparently don't exist there.

Maybe if everyone claps their hands, and believes hard enough, Larry WILL believe in fairies.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #36
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I see BubblyShell22 is a fan of back-alley coat-hanger abortions, not even surprised.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #37
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The thing about having a religious faith or background is that you can still have it and not demean or impose on everyone else.

Even if your religion or your God or your faith tells you that such and such is wrong or sinful, you are still beholden to treat those people with respect and dignity. We're all human--so treat each other like it.

Just because God created you special doesn't mean that everybody else isn't.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #38
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I see BubblyShell22 is a fan of back-alley coat-hanger abortions, not even surprised.
No she's not. Its like saying someone is a fan of black market drug trade because they support illegalizing drugs.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #39
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
No she's not. Its like saying someone is a fan of black market drug trade because they support illegalizing drugs.
Yeah, fan is a strong word.
Tolerant is probably a better fit.

I mean, the prohibitionists weren't actively seeking to start bootlegging and the violence that it created, but they were more than happy to turn a blind eye to it, provided it they didn't see it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #40
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
'fan' may have been a bit hyperbolic, but still stands. You can't ban abortions, only safe abortions.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote