The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2021, 08:32 PM   #61
DVD
Mad Scientist

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
I won’t catch my LP for a couple of weeks yet
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:22 AM   #62
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm not fussed about owning a physical copy. Just glad both are on Spotify so I can easily hop in and listen to them anytime I want. Great to finally have them on there.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #63
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

have these been officially been released? I'm seeing people with these in hand, but I have yet to get a shipping notification
Old 03-10-2021, 11:50 PM   #64
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
have these been officially been released? I'm seeing people with these in hand, but I have yet to get a shipping notification
Same here. Nothing as of note. Seen a handful of people post their CDs and what not ... and saw a couple LPs, but still nothing on my end. Certain areas may have gotten theirs, maybe? Cause I ordered it like immediately so they're clearly not going by order number, haha.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #65
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Same here. Nothing as of note. Seen a handful of people post their CDs and what not ... and saw a couple LPs, but still nothing on my end. Certain areas may have gotten theirs, maybe? Cause I ordered it like immediately so they're clearly not going by order number, haha.
I asked on Twitter, but they have ignored my questions, kinda rubs me the wrong way
Old 03-11-2021, 02:30 PM   #66
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I asked on Twitter, but they have ignored my questions, kinda rubs me the wrong way
That's unfortunately notorious for Waxwork. Unless something picks up a bit of conversation, they tend to ignore a lot of pressing questions.

Hopefully we see something soon!

If you want a big laugh at whoever runs their social, go look at the tweets that won the two Godzilla box set contests they did. Not sure how they picked that, but super goofy of them.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #67
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Any luck yet anyone? We got about another last full week of March.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:25 PM   #68
statik
Foot Soldier

TLDR - You can't complain till next month. Haha

Soooo I decided to email this morning and amazingly heard back in about four hours. Here you go...

My email:

"Just wondering when this is due to ship? It be great to know your process for this because I assumed first to order, first to ship. Apparently that's not the case so what kind of system do you use?

I'm a member in a bunch of different tmnt groups and let's just say you have some angry customers. If you have any updates I could relay over to turn away the pitchforks, consider it done.

Thanks."

And their response:

"Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, we do not disclose our process. This item is a pre-order advertised to ship before the end of March 2021 permitting no manufacturing delays. When your order ships you will be notified via email with tracking information. We appreciate your patience and support!

Best,
Megan"
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #69
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
TLDR - You can't complain till next month. Haha

Soooo I decided to email this morning and amazingly heard back in about four hours. Here you go...

My email:

"Just wondering when this is due to ship? It be great to know your process for this because I assumed first to order, first to ship. Apparently that's not the case so what kind of system do you use?

I'm a member in a bunch of different tmnt groups and let's just say you have some angry customers. If you have any updates I could relay over to turn away the pitchforks, consider it done.

Thanks."

And their response:

"Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, we do not disclose our process. This item is a pre-order advertised to ship before the end of March 2021 permitting no manufacturing delays. When your order ships you will be notified via email with tracking information. We appreciate your patience and support!

Best,
Megan"
still seeing people posting on twitter that they are receiving theirs
Old 03-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #70
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
still seeing people posting on twitter that they are receiving theirs
I’m no conspiracy theorist ... but oddly enough, it’s been a bunch of writers and those with “blue checks” posting theirs too.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #71
IMJ
Emperor

Curious to hear what everyone thinks of the sound quality, from the guys who are into vinyl....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:55 AM   #72
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

well received shipping confirmation, not sure I'll ever pre order or buy from this company again
Old 03-30-2021, 07:15 AM   #73
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
well received shipping confirmation, not sure I'll ever pre order or buy from this company again
Still haven't received my shipping confirmation, but I've bought from them several times before and had nothing but positive experiences. To be fair, all of the times I bought from them before were in-stock items... Preorders of pretty much anything are delayed as all hell these days, though.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:52 AM   #74
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
Still haven't received my shipping confirmation, but I've bought from them several times before and had nothing but positive experiences. To be fair, all of the times I bought from them before were in-stock items... Preorders of pretty much anything are delayed as all hell these days, though.
I get that, but them sending out copies to "famous" people, and pretty much telling us "normal" people to eff off, definitely rubbed me the wrong way
Old 03-30-2021, 10:13 AM   #75
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

HRMM. Just noticed they updated the shipping date to April on the product page. LOL.

I don't get how they're dropping the ball so oddly on this one. The 1990 LP was so much more of a streamlined release and that one had like almost 8 variants? The four Turtles, Splinter, Casey, April and the Foot. Not counting the SDCC Shredder one.

This just has a standard green retail release outside of the club subscription. The date CONSTANTLY changed from when it was announced in late 2019 and then it finally showed up earlier this year. Just very weird. Though it sounds like a lot of Waxwork stuff has been like that as of late? People are just now also getting their Rob Zombie Halloween LPs and that was announced late summer/early fall I wanna say?

Again ... COVID ****ing sucks, but lots of labels are getting by with more transparent communication on what's going on.

Quote:
You're one of the lucky ones. I bought it the second it went up and still no shipping notice for me.

It's unfortunate because I like they stuff they do, but this one was a weird release ... and it sounds like John Du Prez worked with Waxwork for TMNT III too. I'm sure that'll go up for pre-order in March 2023 and people won't get theirs until August of that year.

Sucks cause I know I'll get that one too to complete the trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
I can only imagine how long the people waiting on their Godzilla box sets will be.

Quote:
I get that, but them sending out copies to "famous" people, and pretty much telling us "normal" people to eff off, definitely rubbed me the wrong way
Like I'm not the only one that noticed that, right? All of the people getting retweeted with their copies have been writers and journalists. Just seems off to me.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #76
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

yeah transparency is all we ask for, some vague response to a customer inquiry is not going to do it for most people, and by the looks of it, they aren't going to make it to "the end of march" like they responded to in that email
Old 03-31-2021, 12:21 PM   #77
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Last day of the month and I finally got my shipping confirmation, haha.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM   #78
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Last day of the month and I finally got my shipping confirmation, haha.
mine's been sitting in New Orleans for almost 5 days, this should go well lol
Old 04-07-2021, 08:23 PM   #79
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Well after what feels like an eternity since it was announced ... it finally arrived yesterday. Having this in hand, I really like this cover much more than what Eastman did for 1990. The ooze coloring for the LP is a nice touch.

Listened to the album yesterday and even held off on Spotify to wait for my full listen to be on my vinyl.

Not as much of a dynamic score all around as 1990, but still some fun moments that take me back to watching SOTO on VHS. Though Side A totally ends with "Tokka and Rahzar" and not "Home Sweet Home", right? Seems like there was a planning and printing error there. Whoops.

I also wish that they didn't just borrow the audio for "Master Say Have Fun" from what came out on the soundtrack back in the day, but oh well. That guy's Shredder impression always kind of took me out, even as a kid listening to my cassette and listening to the full, extended track now and it's even sillier.

I own the actual soundtrack to SOTO on vinyl as well, got it off Discogs, and it's a bummer that Ninja Rap and the newly renamed "Cowabunga Says It All" show up here twice ... but not everyone owns that on LP. All in all, I'm definitely happy that I got this ... but Waxwork really needs to step up their game compared to other labels in their niche when it comes to openness about delivery expectations for sure.

That said ... bring on the even goofier "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III" next (probably sometime in 2023) to complete this trilogy!
Old 04-23-2021, 03:54 AM   #80
DVD
Mad Scientist

Yay!! It arrived today.
Looking forward to playing thus LP when I get home. For now, I’m enjoying the cover, and just being pleased that it arrived.

I still remember ordering it and then literally 5 minutes later, it was sold out.

Anyway, it’s here now, and it’ll make a great companion piece to the original 1990 score.

Let’s hope, and I do mean it, that we get the soundtrack for part III.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote