The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #2361
letscook89
Foot Soldier

I love your avatar man. Does it come from the IDW comics ?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #2362
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

@letscook89 - welcome to the boards, and I mean that with no sarcasm.

the issue I have is that a new person walks-in, doesnt like the franchise, and he or she gets pats on the back, and lauded for not being another cult Bay-follower.

but just a few months ago, someone new walked in, started defending the franchise, optimistically commenting on the creative choices, and that guy got slammed hard for being new, obviously didnt know what he was talking about.

people keep saying that all the fans of this movie series want is an "echo chamber", but in truth, it seems to go both ways.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #2363
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook89 View Post
I love your avatar man. Does it come from the IDW comics ?
It is indeed. The IDW series is both my favorite and (IMO) the best-written TMNT series. Go read it now!
Old 07-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #2364
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Yes I want to read it, but I don't think it's published in France. Is there a digital version ?
Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #2365
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Yes I want to read it, but I don't think it's published in France. Is there a digital version ?
I Tunes do, or you could put in a search. There must be a french comic book site that sells them.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #2366
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Thanks you Mikey
Old 07-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #2367
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Yeah, try: https://www.comixology.com/search?search=ninja+turtles

Be aware, there are numerous mini- and micro-series that tie into the ongoing narrative and are absolutely critical to the plot and characters. Refer to DrSpengler's blog for reading order:

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/...-timeline.html
Old 07-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #2368
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Ok thanks again, I'll take a look at this. The IDW characters design are truly amazing.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #2369
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Ok thanks again, I'll take a look at this. The IDW characters design are truly amazing.
Just wait'll you get to Old Hob, Herman the Hermit Crab, and Bebop & Rocksteady.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #2370
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
This movie will smell like ****. I'm sorry but the reboot was total garbage to the franchise. The only thing I liked (a little bit) were the turtles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
^Even the new guy knows what's up.
I'm also a new guy and approve of this message.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #2371
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
I'm also a new guy and approve of this message.
Nice avatar.

The only good Neutrino is an IDW Neutrino, yo.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #2372
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nice avatar.

The only good Neutrino is an IDW Neutrino, yo.
Thanks! I was stoked when I found this one.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #2373
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I came across this image on Instagram, It was taken in June during filming, They were covering the streets with Snow.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #2374
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Interesting. So looks like we prob are spanning a period of months then. (Edit: Unless it's just part of someone's flashback...) Post-Christmas with that tree laying out there. We better see some TMNT Christmas then.

That must have been a rather tight shot, given all that nearby greenery to keep just out of sight. lol
Old 07-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #2375
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Do you guys know if this movie will be longer than the first one ? I mean at least 2 hours.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #2376
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Do you guys know if this movie will be longer than the first one ? I mean at least 2 hours.
We won't know till next year, like at least a month before it comes out.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #2377
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
We won't know till next year, like at least a month before it comes out.
^What he said, but based on all of the characters we've heard reports on, it's definitely going to be at least 2 hours. I don't think it's possible for them to actually fit this in a 90 minute movie.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #2378
letscook89
Foot Soldier

Ok let's wait and see then. Who knows ? Maybe this movie will surprise us all in a good way...or not. However, I'm very pessimist, because to be honest, the "reboot" (can we even call that thing a reboot ?) was really bad. I only enjoyed few scenes like the elevator beat box or the snow chase scene tough. I thought the turtles designs were ok (except for the hulk body of raph, mikey's shrek face and donnie's ugly stuff and glasses) and I think the four turtles actors did a decent job. Concerning what we know about the sequel, ther are few goods things (real ninjas, non-transformer shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady with accurate designs) and a lot of bad things (Megan Fox, more useless human characters, Stephen Amell who plays himself instead of Casey Jones (screw that !), Megan ****ing Fox again, useless celebrities cameos, useless cars and so on). I will stop bashing this movie until I see it, but I have a tiny stupid hope that It will be a decent TMNT movie (really really tiny hope).
Old 07-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #2379
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Ok let's wait and see then. Who knows ? Maybe this movie will surprise us all in a good way...or not. However, I'm very pessimist, because to be honest, the "reboot" (can we even call that thing a reboot ?) was really bad. I only enjoyed few scenes like the elevator beat box or the snow chase scene tough. I thought the turtles designs were ok (except for the hulk body of raph, mikey's shrek face and donnie's ugly stuff and glasses) and I think the four turtles actors did a decent job. Concerning what we know about the sequel, ther are few goods things (real ninjas, non-transformer shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady with accurate designs) and a lot of bad things (Megan Fox, more useless human characters, Stephen Amell who plays himself instead of Casey Jones (screw that !), Megan ****ing Fox again, useless celebrities cameos, useless cars and so on). I will stop bashing this movie until I see it, but I have a tiny stupid hope that It will be a decent TMNT movie (really really tiny hope).
It's okay to have a little bit of hope for this movie, as I think literally everyone on this forum has at least a slight, tiny, tiny piece of hope in their body that this movie will be better than the first one (And, honestly, it wouldn't be that hard to make a movie better than the first. But it's been proven that a movie worse than the TMNT 2014 movie can be made. Example: Transformers 4.). At least this time, they're sticking closer to the source material. While the reboot was a bad movie, it was also a bad TMNT movie. Maybe this one will just be a bad movie, but it'll do the TMNT a bit of justice. Remember, it's okay to have a bit of hope... just as long as you know that there's a strong possibility that Michael Bay will proceed to blow your hope up with explosions, roided-out Turtles, racist stereotypes... I can go on.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #2380
AquaParade
Banned

Not that I know Stephen Arnell on a personal level, but as an actor/celebrity, I sort of can't stand the guy.
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2