The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2022, 08:26 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the difference is in the episode they debut in, Shredder/Krang decide to mutate them as a second set of henchmen after Bebop/Rocksteady. The difference is Groundchuck and Dirtbag betray Shredder almost immediately and decide not to listen to him, so that plan backfires.

Much like Rahzar/Tokka in the movies working for Shredder, Groundchuck and Dirtbag were conceived as a second mutant henchmen pair the same way...they just didn't pan out like that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:23 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the difference is in the episode they debut in, Shredder/Krang decide to mutate them as a second set of henchmen after Bebop/Rocksteady. The difference is Groundchuck and Dirtbag betray Shredder almost immediately and decide not to listen to him, so that plan backfires.

Much like Rahzar/Tokka in the movies working for Shredder, Groundchuck and Dirtbag were conceived as a second mutant henchmen pair the same way...they just didn't pan out like that.
Not only that but weren't they supposed to be other animals but since they got away they either decided to use a bull and a mole or the bull and mole somehow got into the mutagen?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:27 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Of course I remember them.

I wasn't surprised that they betrayed Shredder and Krang. I mean, they were mutated due to Bebop's and Rocksteady's incompetence. Shredder and Krang originally wanted to mutate a lion and a gorilla, remember. So that was a sign it wasn't going to work. Also, they debuted in a special "movie" episode. It seemed obvious they weren't going to become regular characters.

We got to see them in another episode where the Turtles visit the Planet of the Turtleoids again. That's it. Chromedome we saw in Night of the Rogues again, didn't we?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:43 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm surprised we never saw Groundchuck and Dirtbag in the Nick toon. I thought that both would've been a perfect fit for the desert themed Mutant Apocalypse.

I liked their Original versions. They stood out pretty well despite only appearing in 3 episodes, since they break the mold by betraying Shredder and Krang and have very memorable voices/designs.

They were also pretty strong. Groundchuck just casually handled Bebop and Rocksteady grabbing onto his horns,and then ramming them both all by himself.

I also just realised, Chrome Dome is the closest thing to Super Shredder in the Original Cartoon.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:56 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm surprised we never saw Groundchuck and Dirtbag in the Nick toon. I thought that both would've been a perfect fit for the desert themed Mutant Apocalypse.

I liked their Original versions. They stood out pretty well despite only appearing in 3 episodes, since they break the mold by betraying Shredder and Krang and have very memorable voices/designs.

They were also pretty strong. Groundchuck just casually handled Bebop and Rocksteady grabbing onto his horns,and then ramming them both all by himself.

I also just realised, Chrome Dome is the closest thing to Super Shredder in the Original Cartoon.
Chrome Dome even made it to one of the Tournament Fighters games. He definitely has a cool concept and design.

I feel like Groundchuck and Dirtbag suffered from being introduced rather late in the series. They debuted in the 5th season of the show. All of the regular characters were established in the very 1st season of the series. And even some of those ended up either losing their spot as regulars(Baxter) or having way less of a role and fewer appearances than you'd expected them to have (Neutrinos).

The show had a very safe and set formula, and 2 new mutants debuting in the middle of the series didn't stand a chance. The higher ups probably felt it was too risky to add two extra characters to the villains team.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:59 PM   #46
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Atleast they got a second appearance unlike many other secondary characters. Whats puzzling though is that Kerma was given two more episodes after the special, while Groundchuck and Dirtbag were only given one extra appearance.

Its a shame, since I'm sure people like GroundChuck, Dirtbag and Chrome Dome far more than Kerma.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:06 PM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I see Chrome Dome as a robotic stand-in for The Shredder as Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop serve as robotic stand-ins for Rocksteady and Bebop. Add Krang's Android bodysuit and you have a great concept for an episode.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:42 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

Its a shame, since I'm sure people like GroundChuck, Dirtbag and Chrome Dome far more than Kerma.
It's also weird since neither Kerma or that terminator robot that was after him were based on action figures.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:29 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love the Terminator robot that goes after Kerma in Season 6. It was such a blatant rip-off of Terminator it was so good. I also love how most of that ep focused on Splinter and April fending for themselves over the Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote