The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 01:57 AM   #18361
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What a tough bastard he was, though. He took Hogan's Axe Bomber back in '83 and it took him 39 YEARS to finally die from its effects! Shawn Michaels would've crumbled into dust on the spot for Christ's sake.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:17 AM   #18362
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Hogan even practiced his 'kick out at 3' d*ck move on Inoki.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:37 AM   #18363
Leo656
The Franchise

It's a great move, I do it all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Always, always, ALWAYS get your heat back, unless it's a piledriver or a DDT it is perfectly acceptable to kick out at 3.1, or even 3.01. Many will dispute this but that's because they're in love with their own sh*tty finisher that they think is so goddamn cool.

Meanwhile, I invented a Grapevine DDT finisher specifically so nobody could ever pull that sh*t on me, because on the indies that sh*t still matters.
Guy: "So what's your finish?"
Me: "I do like a Grapevine DDT kinda thing."
Guy: "....Can you hit me with something else? I can't kick out of a DDT, that's like no-selling a gunshot to the head..."
Me: "...I know, that's why I do a DDT, so guys can't f*cking no-sell my finish. Smart, right?!"

Piledriver or DDT, you don't kick out at all and you let someone carry you to the back after the match. Anything else, f*ck it, kick out at 3.1 and get your f*cking heat back. Yes guys whine. Just tell them "I'm sorry, a flying forearm might be enough to put me down for 3 but NOT enough to put me out cold" and let 'em f*cking deal with it.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:46 AM   #18364
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yet another backstage altercation has occurred in AEW, this time between twitter opponents Sammy Guevara and Andrade. Andrade was the one sent home and his crucial mask vs career match against 10 of the Dark Order on Rampage this week cancelled.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:26 PM   #18365
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bray Wyatt officially back in WWE
Old 10-09-2022, 12:41 AM   #18366
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, perfect. Garbage ending to a garbage PPV.

Riddle/Seth wasn't too bad and Edge and Finn did "okay", most everything else was dogsh*t. The Rousey/Liv match was f*cking atrocious, whoever the agent was for that match needs to be fired. Nobody sold sh*t, there was no psychology, they took turns at one point giving each other a million shots with a baseball bat and neither one of them sold ANY of it, in fact at one point Liv blatantly just went "lol Nah" after taking one to the ribs and immediately did some kinda flippy-sh*t move. Then she was LAUGHING while in the submission she lost to, and then laughed MORE while Ronda was going up the ramp with the belt. Liv is f*cking useless, I'm sorry. Ronda has her ups and downs but I legit have never seen her in match that was that bad.

I noticed that Bianca also has "I ain't gotta sell sh*t" written in her contract, apparently, since she beat up three women with ease, never sold a single f*cking move, and won her match without so much as smearing her lipstick while Bayley looked like she got hit by a truck. I cannot stand Bianca, she's awful. It drives me nuts that people can't see how completely manufactured she is. Anybody can look like a f*cking superstar if your entire gimmick is "I never look weak for a second and I get to beat up multiple people at once constantly."

Riddle and Seth did alright but Matt did not work that match at ALL like he was out for Seth's blood, in fact Seth was on offense for way too much of it considering the story they spent weeks building to. Matt should have spent the entire match trying to murder Seth for all the personal sh*t he said about his wife and kids, and Seth should have spent the entire match just trying to survive. Instead, it was pretty much just Seth hitting a ton of Big Moves on Riddle and Riddle just constantly getting back up, which okay that shows you're tough but that isn't the story this match should have, though. They executed well, and the right guy won, so that was cool. The whole thing just felt "off" because the story of the match did not fit the story of the build-up.

And then, of course, the show ends with a 10-minute hype job for Spooky McFatAss. As if his entire ridiculous, stupid, nonsensical and Very Not-Good act hadn't already been beaten into the ground years ago. He's fat, he can't consistently perform at a main event level, and his "epic" promos everyone loves are just a bunch of random nonsense gibberish. He is an absolutely f*cking dogsh*t "top guy", I'm sorry. He's been thoroughly exposed by this point, it's way too late for a "do-over". His promos suck, his gimmick is sh*t, and nobody who sweats more than the Big Boss Man should even be in a wrestling ring because it's a health hazard.

This company is FULL of people who I cannot even fathom are "main event performers" on a stage like this. This entire PPV was full of people giving performances that would have gotten them bitched out at backstage at an indy show, for either being sloppy or not selling or just plain not making sense. People keep swearing that "Hunter being in charge is making everything better!", and I'll be honest, it's been actual years since I watched ANY WWE show beginning to end... but that was the worst WWE PPV I've seen in many years, so if that's "improvement", yeah, nah, I'm good.

Especially since it appears we're due for Bray Wyatt Push #957, which is as sure a sign as has ever been given that I need to just stop paying any and all attention immediately.

To my buddy's credit, he knew he'd only get me out of the house if he promised to buy me dinner at the Chinese buffet. And even he admitted the show sucked a dick.

It's just too bad that AEW has been even worse, lately. Blargh. Wrestling is just the sh*ts all over right now.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:36 PM   #18367
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Good Brothers are on their way back to WWE according to PWI
Old 10-10-2022, 11:01 PM   #18368
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Seth Rollins wins the US title, Brock Lesnar returned and F-5'ed Lashley.

Good Brothers officially back in WWE.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:12 PM   #18369
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Seth Rollins wins the US title
Yes indeed. The guy who LOST the PPV main event two days ago is rewarded with a U.S. Title match - which he wins (mostly) clean - while the guy who WON the PPV main event two days ago gets "rewarded" by being put into a meaningless match with a f *cking nobody like Sami Zayn.

Serious question: What good was the entire Seth/Riddle feud? Honestly.

Before it started, Seth's role was consistently being in and out of the Title scene, winning and losing various Championships. Riddle's role was to have entertaining matches with midcarders.

So they do this whole "blood feud", ostensibly to elevate Riddle's stock, and even though he wins the feud BOTH guys immediately go right back to the roles they already had before. Seth gets another belt, Riddle goes back to wrestling nobodies.

What was the f*cking POINT? The guy who lost didn't move down the card, the guy who won didn't move up. Everything stayed exactly the same, other than Riddle can say he was in a PPV main event and won (even if it is on one of the most notoriously sh*tty PPVs year after year; main eventing Extreme Rules is not exactly brag-worthy as the show always sucks).

I don't give a sh*t what anyone says; "Everything is much better now with Triple H in charge!" is the biggest f*cking lie since "I'm gonna pull out, I swear!" It's still all terrible, just "different" terrible. Instead of Vince's fart jokes and "LoL foreigners talk funny" nonsense, it's Hunter with his "Sh*t doesn't have to make sense, it just has to get a pop in the moment" nonsense. Equally terrible, just taking a different street to get there.

I really can't stand watching wrestling and I wish my wife hated it so I'd never have to even look at it. I can't stand seeing people get paid millions of dollars to be so unrepentantly sh*tty at their one and only job.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:23 AM   #18370
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yes indeed. The guy who LOST the PPV main event two days ago is rewarded with a U.S. Title match - which he wins (mostly) clean - while the guy who WON the PPV main event two days ago gets "rewarded" by being put into a meaningless match with a f *cking nobody like Sami Zayn. .
Hold the fort there my tribal chief. The guy is consistently over with the audience and his goof role in the Bloodline is one of the best slow-burn angles the company has, sure I don't think he'll ever beat Reigns for the belt, but he and Kevin Owens are most certainly taking the belts from the Usos at 'Mania once the turn comes.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:31 AM   #18371
Leo656
The Franchise

He looks like the motherf*cking Vice President of Bum Fights. 90% of wrestling is presentation so I don't give a sh*t how over he supposedly is or how good a worker he is (I know he can go). People who look like that, being put in spots like that, hurts the business.

I mean, I get it. Wrestling fans want to live cathartically and vicariously through the guys they see on TV, and most wrestling fans are f*cking slobs. They love guys like Owens and Sami because "They're just like us!" Except they shouldn't be. Your "top guys" working main events should at the bare minimum look like they're actual f*cking athletes. Zayn looks like he stays up for days smoking crack before fumbling to the ring in the clothes he's been wearing for 18 straight days, and he also looks like he's never even seen a weight let alone touched one. If that's how he chooses to present himself, he belongs in the opening match, preferably losing. Guys way better than him were on Permanent Jobber Duty their whole careers just because they didn't have "the look", so I don't see why this clown gets any special treatment, other than the smart marks love him because he was a fake luchador once upon a time on the indies.

"Looking like sh*t is my gimmick" is something I run into on the indies a ton, also, and it's bullsh*t. It's always lazy people wanting a supreme excuse to be lazy. "I can't get in shape, it's not my gimmick. I can't get decent gear, it's not my gimmick." Yeah? Well, if you're not gonna invest in yourself why the hell should anyone invest in You?

Zayn could wrestle circles around me and I know that - for one thing, I can't go more than 8 minutes anymore - but if you put me and him side by side in full regalia... which one looks like an Actual Professional Wrestler and which one looks like a fan who hopped the f*cking rail? Every single thing about the guy makes me want him out of my sight.

Also, he's a grown man who goes by "Sami/Sammy" and that is just f*cking ridiculous. Sh*t like that simply cannot be tolerated.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #18372
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Orange Cassidy is the All Atlantic champ. Someone check up on Cornette. Dude might have a stroke when he finds out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:31 AM   #18373
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Jericho signs 3 year extension with AEW will be with the company through December 2025

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/chr...-2-1235407072/

Quote:
Chris Jericho has signed a contract extension with All Elite Wrestling (AEW) that will keep him with the company through December 2025, Variety has learned exclusively.

In addition, Jericho will take on increased responsibilities behind the scenes AEW and will now serve as a producer and creative advisor in addition to continuing as a mentor to young talent.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:06 PM   #18374
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Looks like Hangman Page was injured, maybe even seriously injured in the main event of against Mox.

I hope to hear updates on his condition soon.

EDIT- Hangman waved to the crowd as he was being stretchered out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 10-18-2022 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #18375
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Riho is back Why does Khan keep bringing back that skinny terrible excuse for a wrestler.
Can't wait for Corny to rip Riho again on his podcast.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:42 PM   #18376
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Riho is back Why does Khan keep bringing back that skinny terrible excuse for a wrestler.
Can't wait for Corny to rip Riho again on his podcast.
I mean, she drew a major pop though.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:46 PM   #18377
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I mean, she drew a major pop though.
So does Shida and I don't think she is that great either. Guess I am not a fan of the Joshi's AEW brings in.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:22 PM   #18378
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 10-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #18379
Prowler
Emperor

Kevin Nash's son, Tristan Nash, has passed away.

I didn't even know he had a son tbh. He must be distraught right now. Every parent I've met who has lost anson/daughter says it's the worst feeling in the world and has never fully recovered from such loss.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #18380
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, God, that's horrible... Kev is having a f*cking horrible year...

Only 26... had to be one of two things, sadly... real shame...

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling