The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-08-2022, 07:12 PM   #181
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, Black Adam adapted to suit the Rock, not the Rock adapting to suit Black Adam. Unless you're like a huge fan of the Rock, I'm not sure what's here to get excited about.

Also, there better be a big in-movie explanation for why Superman and WW don't like immediately show up and start pounding on him.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 07:29 PM   #182
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, Black Adam adapted to suit the Rock, not the Rock adapting to suit Black Adam. Unless you're like a huge fan of the Rock, I'm not sure what's here to get excited about.

Also, there better be a big in-movie explanation for why Superman and WW don't like immediately show up and start pounding on him.
Maybe it takes place while Superman is dead after Dawn of Justice but before JLA.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:44 PM   #183
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Just noticed Waller was in the trailer. They just can't decide wether or not the DCCU is gonna reboot or keep pushing forward.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:40 PM   #184
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Post Credit scene rumor going around

Quote:
The DC Syndicate | #BlackAdam? Oct 21 ????
@TheDC_Syndicate
Spoiler Alert ?? :
Henry Cavill will play #Superman in #BlackAdam. He has the classic suit with the John Willams' score for superman. Looks like it’s a new suit altogether and he says "We need to talk Black Adam".

Via:
@MyTimeToShineH
@TheComixKid
https://twitter.com/TheDC_Syndicate/...54984678682624
Old 10-06-2022, 09:24 AM   #185
IMJ
Emperor

Cool if true, but relatively lame considering there's been no DCEU Superman action in a long time.

Just make the Cavill movie before his steroids lose efficacy in old age.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:59 AM   #186
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If that rumor's true, I'm not sure I'm too crazy about "the classic suit." Do we really need red underwear on Cavill? Is that supposed to make us excited?
Old 10-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #187
CyberCubed
Overlord

So then the Snyderverse isn't really dead. I mean we knew it wasn't anyway because Aquaman 2 and Wonder Woman 3 were eventually coming, but this makes it seem like its continuing.

Sure Snyder himself won't get to do whatever movie he planned after Justice League, but it seems WB is still keeping the universe going.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #188
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Superman Post Credit Scene allegedly revealed

Quote:
MyTimeToShineHello
@MyTimeToShineH
Waller tells Black Adam he better not leave Khandaq. That it's his prison now. He says something like "Or what!? there’s no one on this planet that can stop me." and she says in that case she’ll get someone not from this planet to deal with him.

MyTimeToShineHello
@MyTimeToShineH
Out of the smoke and shadows you see a figure wearing a cape fly down, it's Cavill and he tells Adam it’s been a while since someone’s made the world this nervous and they should talk.
https://twitter.com/MyTimeToShineH/s...56940234371075
Old 10-09-2022, 04:14 PM   #189
Leo656
The Franchise

All of these supposed "leaks" reek of fanfiction. Like the ones who swore Lex was gonna pop up during the Zod fight in MoS.

I don't believe for one second Cavill is in this movie but if he does show up I can only pray it's none of these laughably bad scenarios with their absolutely terrible dialog.

That would be a terrible way to end the movie anyway. There's no movies with Cavill as Superman at ANY stage of development, and with WB being WB it will take at least until 2027 for the Black Adam sequel to come out, so what's going to happen in the meantime? We all just wait five years in real time for Superman and Black Adam to resolve their "conversation"? That'd be awful. And we know neither one of them are part of the Shazam sequel because we would have heard by now, and also, there'd be no room for them as that movie already looks overstuffed.

It's just not gonna happen, there's no way to even follow up on it if it did happen.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:02 PM   #190
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Seems to confirm the other one so yeah. He's in it, probably. Although yuck... what if the follow up is not any kind of Man of Steel 2/"Superman" movie but only some kind of BAvS movie?

Nothing has been announced for a proper Superman movie, no (while simultaneously talks about both black Superman projects have died on the vine), but if this is all true it means a deal has been reached with Cavill to do something significant.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:16 PM   #191
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think any of this "confirms" any of it, it all reads like something a young child wrote with all of the same amount of thought put into it. "Ohhhhhh, Superman just shows up out of nowhere and asks Black Adam to step outside!" The fact that the "scene" itself is always the same in every one of these "leaks" but the dialog is always different - yet still always in a similar vein - seems to more lean into my thesis that it's all just something a bunch of people with no imagination thought up and keep repeating trying to wish it into existence.

None of this means anything. People have been shouting "Cavill in Black Adam confirmed!" for at least two years, ever since it slipped out that Dwayne really wanted to work with Cavill. People just keep repeating the exact same rumors figuring that a stopped clock is still right twice a day so they might get lucky. I'll believe it when I see it.

And again, even if it does happen... there's no follow-up in the pipeline so it would be terrible to end the movie that way.

I want more Cavill Superman than anyone but I do not buy for one second that the new regime suddenly has this fond appreciation for the guy after previous regimes spent much time and money trying to force him out the door for good. I mean why is he trying to get himself booked for an MCU role, then? That would imply that he's done with WB/DC and just has too much tact to say so publicly, because frankly he never says anything about anything, as per the will of his PR team who always keep him on a very short leash.

We'll see but I smell bullsh*t.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #192
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

well the big rumor going around is

Quote:
"Henry Cavill is appearing in 'Black Adam' in the post-credits scene...Henry Cavill has returned as Superman in 'Black Adam' because The Rock demanded it. He went hard, full-court press on Warner Bros., and made them go to Henry Cavill and they had to sign a new deal with Henry Cavill, including saying they were gonna develop a new 'Superman' movie."

"It was all because The Rock insisted," he concluded, reiterating what many online scoopers have been saying in recent days.
https://comicbookmovie.com/superman/...7200#gs.elk1ht
Old 10-09-2022, 05:54 PM   #193
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The scene as described DOES sound like a fanfiction but this is a movie produced by the Rock all around the Rock. The expectation should not be intelligent writing or anything approaching subtlety.

Perhaps future Cavill content or whatever deal was struck with him is contingent on, you know, Black Adam actually performing. Which, yeesh, I'm not sure.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:56 AM   #194
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Though I guess this movie is still set before Flash... in which we've widely seen reported that Cavill's Superman gets literally erased. So after this we shall see what level of anything they have to new Cavill stuff. Or how much they're going to rejigger Flash. Because they have been doing that.

Also, yeesh. What a mess.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #195
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 10-10-2022, 02:42 PM   #196
AquaParade
Banned

Really curious to see if I dig this film. Not sure how to feel. Usually, with DC, I either love or loath the film, and I can almost tell in advance.

I wouldn't say I'm hyped whatsoever, but I am curious, which is a good sign.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:04 PM   #197
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am only excited for Dr Fate Hawkman and the Superman Cameo if it happens.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:08 PM   #198
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Its Official Cavill is back

Quote:
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
Dwayne Johnson just has *this* to say to Henry Cavill after getting Superman to return to the DCEU in #BlackAdam: "Welcome home." ????
https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1580352621201657856
Old 10-12-2022, 08:33 PM   #199
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Welcome home." There it is.

That's also semi-confirmation that not only will Cavill not be erased as he was in the original cut of the Flash, but he may even show up in it as part of those reshoots.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:36 PM   #200
Prowler
Emperor

How many movies is the Rock in even? Feels like he's been in over a hundred of them at this point. I've seriously lost track.

I've seen a few movies starring him. Yes, he's not a very good actor. He basically plays himself in every role he plays. But that's easily forgiven for a pro wrestler. Obviously I've never expected him to be Marlon Brando.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote