The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
As for the Negan/Lucille thing... I'm fully expecting them to do the comic verbatim
That'd be strange, since they've only ever done a comic book verbatim death ever once. With Shane. In season 2.

Man, this season finale was bollocks. All this talk about "groundbreaking" and Andrew Lincoln "sick to his stomach"... and it's just a cliffhanger where nobody visibly dies?

Still sticking with Daryl.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:40 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
"GLENN!", and if you slow the audio down here, you can hear it, too.
False. Just pulled the episode into premiere and both sped and slowed the murmurs down on the audio track and there's definitely no "GLENN" anywhere in there.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:42 AM   #43
Slade
god status

Heh, I hope it's Glenn. I've wanted him to die for a while now.

Actually, I have no idea why I watch this show. Half the time I don't even like it.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:57 AM   #44
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ I felt that way watching season 4. Then I stopped watching it.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:50 AM   #45
Slade
god status

Yeah. This has actually been the first season I've consistently watched since season 2 I think. Ive skipped a lot of stuff.

Mostly I find it boring unless someone important is supposed to die. Too much hype for it I guess.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:47 AM   #46
Hero
British Bloke

Good luck to AMC in trying to sustain the mystery character death. Given all the material that has leaked in the past, they are in for a challenge!

Spoiler:
Carol and Morgan stumbling on King Ezekiel's people was a nice turnup.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:27 AM   #47
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
the dragged out episodes of nothing happening is getting worse and worse.

this whole build up to Negan was terrible!! the group aimlessly driving around for hours just wasting 90 minute air-time was a slap in the face!!!

especially the way they ended it!!!

i barely can even pay attention to the show when i watch it anymore!
Old 04-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #48
mrmaczaps
Banned

It was a boring episode that could have been done with barely 22 minutes of actual air time. All that wait, just to wait some more.

My vote is for Daryl... but I'might thinking they stick to the source and go Glenn, so Maggie can shine.

As far as next season, what if they time jump to 6 months later and say 4 regular cast members are missing/unseen until four or five episodes in... Although I guess that's like the last two seasons, rush to the finale, new season, slow until the mid-season and then slow it down again for the finale....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #49
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
It was a boring episode that could have been done with barely 22 minutes of actual air time. All that wait, just to wait some more.

My vote is for Daryl... but I'might thinking they stick to the source and go Glenn, so Maggie can shine.

As far as next season, what if they time jump to 6 months later and say 4 regular cast members are missing/unseen until four or five episodes in... Although I guess that's like the last two seasons, rush to the finale, new season, slow until the mid-season and then slow it down again for the finale....
i completely agree with EVERY single word you just said there!!!

that was the most dragged out unnecessary waste of an episode since Rick had his little meeting with the Governor right before the prison attack!!!!

the only reason i would vote Daryl is -- because he's the only character i really like anymore!!! and if they killed him off than i could finally stop watching that mumbo jumbo hook in mouth show!!
Old 04-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #50
Hero
British Bloke

Fear TWD season 2 starts next weekend. I'll be tuning in.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I examined closely the Walking Dead death (and I haven't seen the whole episode, only scrutinized the last scene)... from left to right (from Negan's POV), the lineup:A) Glenn, B) Rosita, C) Daryl, D) Michonne, E) Abraham, F) Maggie, G) Rick, H) Sasha, I) Paul, J) Carl, K) Eugene. At the end of his "eenie meenie miny moe" picking, walking back and forth he lastly points his bat at Daryl, then Abraham, then Carl... then the next thing we see is Negan's shadow moving over and past Rick's face... left to right. He takes a couple of steps in a straight line in that same movement, not turning, directly facing someone on the left side of Rick (Negan's right). Not very exciting picks, but since we know it can't be Carl (the line about "if anyone moves, feed the kid's eye to his dad") and since he took more than a single step past Rick that eliminates Paul... kind of means it can only be Eugene. There are no alternatives.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #52
Hero
British Bloke

Paul? I think you mean Aaron

We'll likely find out who died soon. Season 7 begins filming in the next couple of week.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #53
mrmaczaps
Banned

From what I've read, even the cast doesn't know yet who died...

I think it would be interesting to explore this moment from the POV of some of the others prior to the actual reveal of who dies... and then cut to a few months later... or be a few months later and it be flashbacks and then end the first or second episode with the reveal.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:53 AM   #54
Hero
British Bloke

Wow. Scott Gimple really got trolled over that finale ending. No need for it.

I still think Kevin Durand looked more of the part of Negan than Robert Dow... I mean Jeffrey Dean Morgan . Still, his intro and monologue was a good and effective part of the episode. Very much 'Pee-pants City'. We now see on-screen properly the magnitude of how big a threat The Saviors really are.

In other news, Fear The Walking Dead has been renewed for a 16 episode 3rd season.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:56 AM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

JDM acted the part well, but I thought he looked too skinny for the role.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:02 AM   #56
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
In other news, Fear The Walking Dead has been renewed for a 16 episode 3rd season.
great! so now that 'Fear...' is taking off, the producers see just how bad of a product they can get away with.

and for this reason we can pretty much expect the quality of the main series to continue to drop as well?

why worry about quality when you can snatch up coins just as easily with quantity.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:37 AM   #57
Hero
British Bloke

Swinging the bat could very well be the new jumping the shark.

I liked s6, but the ending left me cold. Season 7 could be a make or break affair. There's the prospective spectacle of a tiger and the All Out War arc from the comics that will hopefully be pulled off well. And... Kind Ezekiel, that guy is a spectacle in his own right

I don't mind Fear too much. I just hope the show finds its feet some more as s2 continues.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #58
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Swinging the bat could very well be the new jumping the shark.

I liked s6, but the ending left me cold. Season 7 could be a make or break affair. There's the prospective spectacle of a tiger and the All Out War arc from the comics that will hopefully be pulled off well. And... Kind Ezekiel, that guy is a spectacle in his own right

I don't mind Fear too much. I just hope the show finds its feet some more as s2 continues.
swinging the bat = jumping the shark
brilliant analogy!

there were a few moments i actually enjoyed from season 6, but to few and far between.

the producers seem like they try too hard to fill as much airtime with the soap opera drama just so they can save money on make-up and special effects.
so in turn we get tons and tons of speeches and characters lecturing one another.

yeah, after the season 6 hour and a half finale i was just about ready to drop the show completely. but i think season 7 could be the deal breaker for me?
Old 04-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #59
ToTheNines
[sic]

Less swinging the bat and more killing the cameraman, I'd say.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #60
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Less swinging the bat and more killing the cameraman, I'd say.
Negan missed!!!!!

instead of getting the cameraman he should have been aiming for the producers!