The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 01:16 AM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It'll be an interesting study in what they do and don't do. Will ANYTHING Legacy set be paid off here? Even a little?

From what I've been reading it sounds like the Ares script is actually a cannibalization of the Tron Ascension script from 2015, which would have been a direct Legacy sequel. It sounds like what planned for Quorra in it has been basically rejiggered and given over to the new Jared Leto character, also an AI in the real world from the game world.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 01:20 AM   #42
Sumac
Banned

Good.
At least, if movie is as boring as the last one, no-one will be able to scream, BUT SOUNDTRACK IS SO GOOD IT SAVES THE MOVIE!!
Bleh.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 02:00 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Yeaaaaah, I don't think Daft Punk is doing the score for this one.
Why would you say that? That's probably the one thing they'd want to keep in this, if nothing else.
Old 11-23-2023, 02:09 PM   #44
sdp
Megan Fox = April

daft punk broke up like 3 years ago. I mean I'm sure they'll reunite again but they're big comeback is not likely Tron 3.

I love Tron despite thinking both movies are so boring. I hope visually it looks nothing like 2. Tron movies should always look different from one another just like tech evolves. Keep the neon but give it a different style.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 02:11 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
daft punk broke up like 3 years ago.
Oh. Well that'd be a good reason.

Also, I guess there's already a link to Tron Legacy. Ares himself was mentioned in Tron Legacy, apparently, and named as a leader of the resistance in the game world.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-23-2023 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:41 PM   #46
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why would you say that? That's probably the one thing they'd want to keep in this, if nothing else.
I was mostly bringing a post I said here years ago full circle. Haha.

But yeah, Daft Punk also broke up, so it's a valid statement.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:03 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watched some old previews of Legacy and it jarred my memory. Basically when the trailers for Legacy came out, I'd never even seen Tron... but that was some damned compelling imagery and what a score. So I went and watched Tron 1 for the first time and checked out Legacy in theaters. I was a bit disappointed that it was just basically a big fat requel with a handful of new ideas but mostly the same "chassis" in place, and a pretty neat ending. I figured a part 3 could bring things squarely into a "new" place as things had been left.

Wasn't disappointed much in Legacy, though. It's a nice evolution on a technical level of the first movie, and it'd been 30 years so I can forgive the writ large requel stuff. But I guess I wasn't expecting TOO much from something derived from the original movie, which is just essentially, "Let's dive into an 80s-style arcade world and ride cool bikes that leave a trail and throw discs at each other." I guess more people did than me. I think what could have happened is that fresh faces that never saw the original either didn't want to bother seeing the original because it looks horrifically dated in the same way -- or actually much worse -- than Lawnmower Man looks now in 2023, so they either didn't see Legacy at all or they saw it and felt like they were missing out on lore and sort of word spread on a critical level there. Also, maybe the people that were hugs fans of Tron 1 didn't like it being a big fat requel, so they resented it in that way... so maybe a loss on both ends?

So probably with Ares... I expect we may get mere breadcrumbs from Tron 1 and 2, but that's it, since going full bore sequel in Legacy didn't work last time. Maybe a mid credits scene with Quorra and stuff about Flynn and his son, if that.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:53 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Tron 3 has started filming. Also, Gillian Anderson has joined the cast:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/gillian...ns-third-tron/
Old 01-22-2024, 04:57 PM   #49
Sumac
Banned

Tron was fun 80s sci-fi / fantasy romp, typical for 80s. A bit boring in the middle and probably just a bit up its own ass with the mythology, but amazing nevertheless.

Legacy, was all about being up its own ass and was BORING. Not to mention style-wise it was inferior to the original movie.

I have no idea what they will do for the Tron 3, especially with a Leto on board, but I don't expect anything good.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:13 PM   #50
Hamato_Clan
Random Punk

I don’t think Daft Punk will come back as a duo but Thomas is doing film scores now so that’d be the next best thing. They could always get Justice.
Hamato_Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:36 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Set video shows Jared Leto in costume:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/tron-ar...-reveals-leto/

So... his Morbius look, then?
Old 03-13-2024, 01:04 PM   #52
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato_Clan View Post
I don’t think Daft Punk will come back as a duo but Thomas is doing film scores now so that’d be the next best thing. They could always get Justice.
The Tron Legacy Soundtrack is so good that it could have easily been it's own album unaffiliated with "Tron" and it would've been great on it's own merits.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 03:25 PM   #53
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The Tron Legacy Soundtrack is so good that it could have easily been it's own album unaffiliated with "Tron" and it would've been great on it's own merits.
As good and legendary as Trent Reznor is, I still don't know how the Tron Legacy soundtrack didn't win the Oscar.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:33 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
As good and legendary as Trent Reznor is, I still don't know how the Tron Legacy soundtrack didn't win the Oscar.
I love Trent's 90s and early 2000s stuff but most of his movie-type scores (oddly enough a thing that seemed to begin with the first Quake game) just seem like... noise.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:00 PM   #55
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I love Trent's 90s and early 2000s stuff but most of his movie-type scores (oddly enough a thing that seemed to begin with the first Quake game) just seem like... noise.
It is....
Like the Gone Girl soundtrack - it's haunting and atmospheric but it's more like spooky nature sounds than Music.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:25 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So Jeff Bridges is in it.

https://cosmicbook.news/jeff-bridges...RDDUdM65bu-R0Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It is....
Like the Gone Girl soundtrack - it's haunting and atmospheric but it's more like spooky nature sounds than Music.
I found it pretty effective in Gone Girl. Elsewhere, not as much. In the Social Network it kind of worked, too.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:32 AM   #57
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
So Jeff Bridges is in it.

https://cosmicbook.news/jeff-bridges...RDDUdM65bu-R0Q

I found it pretty effective in Gone Girl. Elsewhere, not as much. In the Social Network it kind of worked, too.
Well in the movie it is very effective. But I have the soundtrack and as a listening experience it's a little weird.