The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

2021 UEFA Men's European Soccer Championship

Today, Friday 11 June 2021, the competition begins with the inauguration game Italy–Turkey. Originally intended for June and July 2020, it was postponed with one year because of the Coronavirus pandemic.

This time, games will be played throughout Europe and the final game will be played in London on Sunday 11 July 2021. Sadly, it seems this tournament will be all about infected players.

==Participating teams==
*Austria
*Belgium
*Croatia
*Czech Republic
*Denmark
*England
*Finland
*France
*Germany
*Hungary
*Italy
*Netherlands
*North Macedonia
*Poland
*Portugal
*Russia
*Scotland
*Slovakia
*Spain
*Sweden
*Switzerland
*Turkey
*Ukraine
*Wales

Television broadcasting schedule for the USA:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...41pd9cjpz5l3hg

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 06-11-2021 at 12:04 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:21 PM   #2
nylemon

Danish Player Eriksen's heart attack really scared me, I was washing my son's feeding bottle and saw the new and I can't fall asleep since my timezone is midnight at that time.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:28 PM   #3
nylemon

Looks like nobody cares this, I think soccer are really not popular in the US. I remember the line in TV series "The wire" when the european drug dealer saw people playing hocky, he said "why aren't they just using their feet?"
Old 06-21-2021, 12:15 AM   #4
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Sadly, it seems this tournament will be all about infected players.
Not really.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:18 AM   #5
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Been interesting so far, England not playing so great. Yet. I hope. Last round of group games this week. Not that many teams will be knocked out, it's a bit of a farce there, but it may produce some spicy first knockout round ties.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #6
nylemon

There is a saying in my country internet for years: "There are some Illusions in the football world, one is Italian Team is weak, two is England team is strong, and three is Argentina will win the trophy.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:13 AM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Russia predictably lost it.
But I must admit, I love enthusiasm of Russian fans who despite knowing that our team WILL lose (embarrassingly) in the beginning of the tournament, they are still hoping our team will win the cup.

Last edited by Sumac; 06-22-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #8
Banned

Men’s championship? MEN’S??? i am offended by this! it should be the 2021 UEFA NON-BINARY European Championship... JK! not a commie!

I’m glad UEFA has a spine and rejected the request to light up the stadium in rainbow colors for pride month. i got nothing against gays, but enough dam virtue signaling already! hopefully they don’t bow to the mob
https://apnews.com/article/bundeslig...50e28b6e8e665e
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #9
Sumac
Banned

I am afraid its just a question of time, when they will cave in, as more and more Twatter mobs and coproRATions gonna push them towards libertardism.

Expect to see some rainbow colored players next time.

At least, it won't be like in women's sports, where women are threatened to be replaced by "brave and stunning" male freaks, who pretend to be female.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

Didn't expect that.

England beat Germany 2-0

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:24 AM   #11
Sumac
Banned

I didn't expect Ukraine to beat Sweden at all.

Extra time was a bloodbath - both teams were ready to break each other and themselves just not to get to the penalty shots and Ukraine got lucky. Either way, their victory was well deserved and amazing.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:45 PM   #12
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Good job, Italy
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:52 PM   #13
Sumac
Banned

Giving penalties to newbies...GJ England.
On the other hand, given how they were playing they didn't deserve this win.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:28 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm so glad it didn't come home.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Congratulations to Italy. The best team in the Euro. We'll deserved victory. As the last winners of this tournament, Portugal will be happy to pass the torch to Italy.

England lucked out by getting the easier teams in the knockout stages and also playing nearly every single game at Wembley. They had their biggest test in the final and Southgate failed. Those subs near the end and making a 19 year old kid take a decisive PK were very idiotic decisions. England can thank him for losing this final.

I'm glad Italy won and England lost. The English media and a big portion of English fans are annoying and arrogant. You had people like Rio Ferdinand and Liam Gallagher this Euro spouting idiotic and arrogant comments by underestimating England's opponents and denying claims that English players dive because "it's not in their DNA!".

Oh and very classy how several English fans fought on the streets. I didn't see Portuguese people doing that when we lost to Greece nor do I remember French people doing that when they lost to us 5 years ago.

"It's coming home?" It's never even been home in the firs tplace. England liked to act like they're a big NT when they're a medium-sized one. Even Denmark and Greece(sadly) have won the Euro before loool
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:44 AM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The song "Three Lions" isn't even about 'winning', it was written specifically to make fun of England supporters and to show how unbearably naïve they are

I feel sorry for three of the players, they are of colour and are getting the typical dogs' abuse online that prompts all the racial awareness campaigns in this country.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:59 AM   #17
newfan
Mad Scientist

I only really watch the world cup, I did watch this game though. I feel bad for those poor guys with the penalties, wouldn't like being to be the goal keeper in that situation either.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:11 AM   #18
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Even Denmark and Greece(sadly) have won the Euro before loool
And Czechoslovakia (1976).

In the future, I think it's time for a joint British team consisting of players from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales in international competitions.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 07-12-2021 at 02:47 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:10 AM   #19
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I feel sorry for three of the players, they are of colour and are getting the typical dogs' abuse online that prompts all the racial awareness campaigns in this country.
It is especially ironic in lie of posts of London's Mayor, which said, something like: "English team wouldn't exist without immigrants". Leaving out stupidity of the statement itself, this will definitely haunt those poor players.