The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-30-2021, 01:51 AM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Just thinking of the comments about beards aging guys, I'd wondered if some grew a light beard/stubble as they got older to do the opposite, would hide an aging jaw/skin around the mouth. I dunno, trends come and go.
Tommy Dreamer specifically grew a goatee in 1994 because Terry Funk told him "You're gonna get old one day and a goatee hides the double-chin, so you might as well get in front of it now." True story!

I stopped caring about gray hair. First one I noticed was in like 2015 I think. Since my hair is a mix of brown, blonde, and red anyway, and gets lighter or darker depending on season, a string of silver here and there doesn't even show up. I notice them, but nobody else does unless I point it out.

I have more of them in my beard than on my head, but again, there's so many colors in there that the silver ones don't stand out at all, they just look blonde unless you're right up close.

Frankly, I don't care if it turns pink, so long as it doesn't fall out.

The first one I found on my head didn't get to me much. What threw me for a loop was the time I looked down and found a silver pubic hair about 6 inches long. That one snuck up on me, somehow.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:04 AM   #22
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's a well known fact that a beard can age someone, that's why a lot of young people do grow beards, they want to look older for their jobs and don't want their bosses to think of them as, "young kids" so a beard makes them look more professional. It's very noticeable with 22-24 year olds straight out of college who grow beards to look older for their first career jobs.

Meanwhile a goatee, commonly referred to as, "a devil beard" is mostly used to make yourself look tough or serious. This is why a lot of black, hispanic, asian, etc. people get goatees, it gives the impression, "don't mess with me or I'll screw you up" kind of vibe. I can't have a goatee either because I'd look ridiculous with one, I can't pull off the "tough guy" look that people have with them. White guys like myself, we just can't pull it off.
Wtf.

mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:43 AM   #23
The Deadman
Foot Elite

You can tell Cubed was sheltered as a child and to a certain extent even now if he thinks beards are works of the devil.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:57 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Beards are for two things:

1. Making you look older or more distinguished. As I mentioned, a lot of young people or people who look young, purposely grow beards to be respected more in their job profession and give the appearance of being older and more experienced. A lot of people still have "baby face" even into their 30's, but if you have a beard you look like you know what you're doing. For a professional job in an office or when you have to interact with clients, this is ideal.

2. Goatees or similar type of beards give you the, "tough guy" persona. It's actually why so many muscle bound men and motorcycle bikers have goatees, it makes them look tough and outgoing even if in terms of personality they aren't. It's why they're nicknamed, "the devil beard."

For someone like me, a shorter white guy who looks younger than he is, I cannot pull off a beard of any kind and it makes me look ridiculous, as if I were wearing a prop/fake beard on my face. Only muscle-bound people can have beards or people who want to look professional.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:08 AM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't even remember the last time a razor hit this face. I just buzz it down with a Remington every week or two and do the Don Johnson gimmick, ever since I was like 13.

No patience for a full beard, they itch. BUT, I have a weak chin and a baby face, and I can't stand either of those things.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I've had the occasional grey hairs here and there since my late 20's. Wether or not my plethora of exes gave me more is another story (though that's the joke most of them use). What has changed though is I've noticed a lot of grey and white in the facial hair now, more noticeably the chin/neckbeard part. That is kinda annoying, but I mostly try to keep a clean shaven face (I'm rockin the Kenny Omega/Triple H stache for the moment though).

It was funny cause it was til I got to a certain age and the right job that didn't care that I allowed my hair to grow out. This of course means, longer grey hairs too. I remember my bro was worried when he saw me after a few years. "are you alright, your hair is so grey...." as if I were 60 or something, and I'm like 'bro, I always had some grey hairs, it's just more noticeable now that I let my hair grow out."

Though nowadays I dyed my hair blonde, so it's all blonde anyways.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Isn't hair dye expensive? I worry about going gray eventually because then I would have to buy hair dye, and you know how I hate to spend money. Spending the bare minimum on things is what I do on a regular basis, the thought of having to buy hair dye every month gives me the heebie jeebies.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:19 PM   #28
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm pretty sure no one will notice your gray hairs if you stay home.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #29
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I'm pretty sure no one will notice your gray hairs if you stay home.
Pizza delivery dude will notice. Does Cyber pay for pizza?
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:40 PM   #30
ABrown
Banned

It's not the the gray hairs that bother me. It's the fact that each passing year I look more and more like my dad. I'll see images of myself and I'm like "OMFG I'm my father!"
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Pizza delivery dude will notice. Does Cyber pay for pizza?
Not if he gives em bad directions so they get there over 30 minutes

Hair dye depends. I have incredibly dark hair, it takes a while to catch and from bronze to gold to blonde, plus my hair, when straightened goes down to the middle back give or take. So that took em like 3-4 hours to get it all.

But hey if your hair is short and dyes easily, it won't take that long.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:08 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

Kevin Nash says that "The Bible says gray hair is a sign of wisdom", which is why he refuses to dye it anymore.

I, for one, refuse to argue with Super-Shredder.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:55 PM   #33
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Pffft. I knew a guy who already had a small patch of grey IN HIGH SCHOOL. He didn't even believe it when I told him until I took a pair of scissors in class one day and snipped the ends off to show him.

On a more recent note, I've been slowly going grey since 30. In fact, I noticed my first grey hairs a few weeks after I learned I was pregnant with my daughter (there might be a connection there). So yeah, you don't have to be "old" to start turning grey.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:27 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess some people just have bad genes? I also know poor health can cause you to gray or age faster.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:36 PM   #35
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

It's not just about "bad genes", though. Stress CAN and often DOES cause premature graying, too. Case in point- nearly all of my grey hairs have appeared shortly after going through times of great stress, whether physical or emotional.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:41 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well that explains it, I've never been through stress in my entire life. The gray hair I thought I saw was actually brown. I guess I am in the clear and it's all smooth sailing from here on out.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #37
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You just wait, mister... The 30s is supposedly the average age for some to start showing up, so you're just biding your time.

And how much are we going to hear about it when it does. lol But better gray then on the floor?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't intend on aging so that won't be a problem for me.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:52 PM   #39
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Mother nature begs to differ with you. And I'm pretty sure SHE has the final say!

Old 07-31-2021, 07:57 PM   #40
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't intend on aging so that won't be a problem for me.
Might want to leave the house more often if that's your goal.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote