The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-24-2022, 02:51 PM   #1981
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I don’t see a 2012 line selling well….at least not in the expansive part of it. I don’t they should waste their time with it.
Speak for urself Id love to see a more 2012 toon accurate version of the Turtles, Shredder, Splinter, Casey, Karai.. etc. They had great designs for great figures
Old 07-24-2022, 06:06 PM   #1982
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Yeah, it was strongly hinted at by Trevor Zammit in the following interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGLszK5vHA

16:12 timestamp

Regarding the 2K3 series nothing but crickets.

There's no confirmation but to dedicate so much input on what they could potentially do with the 2012 property seems to suggest that something is in the pipeline.
Thanks for sharing that link. Not sure it means we’ll see anything soon, but the interest is definitely clear. I’d be interested but a full on IDW line (also mentioned) would definitely interest me more.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:36 AM   #1983
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
Speak for urself Id love to see a more 2012 toon accurate version of the Turtles, Shredder, Splinter, Casey, Karai.. etc. They had great designs for great figures
This! 2012 was one of my fave interpretations, that and the 90s movies. If NECA did a 2012 line, it would be a dream for me. Hope it happens!
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:48 AM   #1984
NightwingBegins
Random Punk

I just wanted to be the 1983 reply. The year I was born. Kowabunga!
NightwingBegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:52 AM   #1985
mikey see
Mad Scientist

A 2012 line would be absolutely amazing. Great show with great designs. I think I'd have to draw the line though. I actually love the Playmates figures and have all of the non-variants except for one or two. I think that would need to be enough for me.

I do kinda doubt NECA will be touching it any time soon though. Most of their properties are driven by nostalgia and adult collectors. A 10-year-old (WOW) show can have both but likely not in the numbers necessary for a line to be as successful as they'd want it to be.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:34 AM   #1986
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Truthfully, I can't see them doing 2012. Just because Trevor talked about how nice the show was on a YouTube channel, doesn't mean there's interest in the company as a whole. By that assessment based on what they say in the video, NECA will be working on Hannah Barbara stuff.

Could get there maybe as originally Randy didn't think they'd go into SOTO or Movie 3, yet here we are. I think they'll just be sticking to Mirage, 87 cartoon, 90s live action assortment (including Out of Their Shells and that Universal line) and IDW. Time will tell.

Want to know something that will never happen, but I'll be all in for? The Next Mutation line. Kind of in the vein of Coming Out of Their Shells with the bizarro heads, they could do something really funny with those. A Dragon Lord from NECA would look pretty cool, haha.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #1987
Chris
Mad Scientist

I hope we do get Next Mutation at some point. Probably couldn’t sustain a full line but a box set of the 5 Turtles would be pretty safe to do. Over at Fwoosh when people first started saying characters they’d like to see in cartoon style after that Last Ronin tease so many people said Venus. Surprised me but I’d definitely buy her in that style and I think it shows demand would be there for at least TNM Turtles if nothing else (I mean they sold Coming Out of Their Shells, Next Mutation is easy after that).
Old 07-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #1988
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Or figures based on Eastman's concept art for the shelved 4th movie.

-Evil April
-Kirby the fifth turtle
-and all the turtles, older with progressively advancing mutations

Might sound odd at first. But there's far more weight and scope to be creative than there is with Universal turtles.

I think it could be a great line, considering how Eastman illustrates NECA's Mirage line now.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:47 PM   #1989
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
2012 would be really hard to not dive into - that show brought me back into this franchise in a big way at the right time.

NECA definitely has a long-term I.P. on their hands. I'm in so deep on Fred Wolf that it's likely I'll see that one through. I will say though that had NECA not been routinely making these available for pre-order online, I'd have dropped the whole set after the first wave.

And now we've got the new Mirage stuff. Bare minimum I'm in for those square, uniformly designed turtles shown at SDCC. I pre-ordered Slash from the Archie stuff and I'd be in for that line on wish fulfillment alone. I've picked up most of the movie stuff through SOTO.

And although I wasn't watching the 4Kids show in the early 2000's, the art direction was awesome so I don't what I'm going to do if they go that route.

Something is going to have to give here though because although TMNT is a franchise I've been into since day one of the 80's cartoon - a long term fandom - but it's not even remotely my "hardcore hobby thing." Yet the shelving units full of new merch I have would make anyone think otherwise.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:50 PM   #1990
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post

-Evil April
-Kirby the fifth turtle

Might sound odd at first. But there's far more weight and scope to be creative than there is with Universal turtles.

I think it could be a great line, considering how Eastman illustrates NECA's Mirage line now.
I really liked some of the designs Laird shared for that on his blog, I even got a Dooney commission of the Leo design, probably my favorite look for him, so I’d definitely be up for that. If they start to go into “what ifs” and new characters in the movie line as well as the toon line my wallet and shelf space are doomed!
Old 07-25-2022, 04:03 PM   #1991
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post

-Evil April
-Kirby the fifth turtle

That’s a fun idea. If they used any Brenden Mcarthy designs, I’d be all over it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:10 PM   #1992
mikey0
Foot Elite

The SOTO two-packs have been found in the Midwest: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...Cx_fqOgY8rAAAA

https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...85983232004100
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #1993
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Wow. Pretty wild.

Truthfully these are great that they’re hitting retail before people can get them off knockoff adjacent areas like AliExpress.

It’s a bit different logistically, but those who ordered the exclusive pack will get it in due time.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 07-30-2022 at 06:02 PM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:20 PM   #1994
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

So apparently the new restocks of the 1990 Casey and Raph 2 packs have updated arms or elbow joints for Casey? Can anyone confirm?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:15 PM   #1995
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
So apparently the new restocks of the 1990 Casey and Raph 2 packs have updated arms or elbow joints for Casey? Can anyone confirm?
Dang, I saw one earlier today but didn't notice or think to check... I'll be going back tomorrow most likely - if I do I'll check and let you know.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:54 AM   #1996
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Anyone know when these are hitting the UK?
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #1997
inaheap
Mad Scientist

True but by the time they finish the 87 and 2003 series 2012 will be primed for nostalgia. Lets say they milk 87, and maybe next mutation, for 5 more years. Then spend 10 on 2003 and maybe the 2007 movie. That will make 2012 25 years old. If the average watcher started in the 5-10 years of age range they will be just getting to that prime nostalgia buying age. The one where desire and income start to match up. Just food for thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I do kinda doubt NECA will be touching it any time soon though. Most of their properties are driven by nostalgia and adult collectors. A 10-year-old (WOW) show can have both but likely not in the numbers necessary for a line to be as successful as they'd want it to be.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 08-05-2022 at 02:02 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:39 PM   #1998
mikey0
Foot Elite

First look at the Dock Shore club insert from Soto 4-pack: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...37287442161664
Old 08-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #1999
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
First look at the Dock Shore club insert from Soto 4-pack: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...37287442161664
"would you look at those costumes! i love this place!"

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #2000
mikey0
Foot Elite

A look under the sleeve of the SOTO 4-pack: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...C-obPB65YrAAAA

A 360 view of the SOTO Accessory Pack box: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...69431245848576

Last edited by mikey0; 08-05-2022 at 04:44 PM.