The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #41
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I rewatched this episode again recently and thought it was very good after disliking it the last time I watched it. It helps to forget about season 1 and treat the show as a straight comedy from this ep onwards. Loved it when Baxter referenced Spider-Man “Greetings from your friendly neighborhood rat-catcher.”
The first season premiered in the fall of 1988. It helps to forget about the 1987 mini-series.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:00 PM   #42
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I rewatched this episode again recently and thought it was very good after disliking it the last time I watched it. It helps to forget about season 1 and treat the show as a straight comedy from this ep onwards. Loved it when Baxter referenced Spider-Man “Greetings from your friendly neighborhood rat-catcher.”
There is nothing about any episode after this that's an outright comedy apart from episodes that actually try to be comedy episodes. I don't really look at Enter The Fly or The Legend of Koji as comedy episodes. Cowabunga Shreddhead is a comedy episode, Return of the Shredder? Are we watching the same show?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #43
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
There is nothing about any episode after this that's an outright comedy apart from episodes that actually try to be comedy episodes. I don't really look at Enter The Fly or The Legend of Koji as comedy episodes. Cowabunga Shreddhead is a comedy episode, Return of the Shredder? Are we watching the same show?
We’re clearly watching the same show, but not in the same way it seems lol. Enter the Fly, The Legend of Koji and Return of the Shredder are slightly serious episodes, but they’re still quite comedic in tone. In any event, just because something is a comedy doesn’t mean it can’t be serious. Men in Black: The Animated Series and Ducktales 2017 are other examples of comedy cartoons that have “serious” episodes off the top of my head.

Last edited by Wesley; 04-22-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #44
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
We’re clearly watching the same show, but not in the same way it seems lol. Enter the Fly, The Legend of Koji and Return of the Shredder are slightly serious episodes, but they’re still quite comedic in tone. In any event, just because something is a comedy doesn’t mean it can’t be serious. Men in Black: The Animated Series and Ducktales 2017 are other examples of comedy cartoons that have serious episodes off the top of my head.
I was about to respond to your first sentence in awe then you mentioned the 90's MIB series being a comedy as well...
Old 04-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #45
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I was about to respond to your first sentence in awe then you mentioned the 90's MIB series being a comedy as well...
Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:12 AM   #46
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Well, I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
I don't know man. I mean MIB is a pretty serious and sometimes dark series. If anything it needed lightening up. I felt personally it was quite far from comedic. Anyway as you say we agree to disagree.

Tags
episode discussion, fred wolf series