The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 05-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #81
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The Nintendo DS version of Mutant Nightmare is one TMNT game I've actually never played, though I would certainly like to. I rather enjoyed the console version, although it certainly could be frustrating at times.

When you mentioned the Fugitoid sprites in TMNT3, I originally thought you might have meant the NES Manhattan Project where Fugitoid-like robots attack you in the Technodrome stage.
That was my original plan, but now I would like more accurate sprites for the Fugitoid. I will also have those evil fake-fugitoids in the game.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #82
Nelson
Stone Warrior

It has taken FOREVER but I am close to finishing this stage for good. Hopefully this week I will be able to release a new demo.

So many days to create a stage that can be beat in around 4 minutes. Oh well.

For comparison, these are the the stages this screenshot in based on:

Old 05-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #83
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
It has taken FOREVER but I am close to finishing this stage for good. Hopefully this week I will be able to release a new demo.

So many days to create a stage that can be beat in around 4 minutes. Oh well.

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...20-%200226.png

For comparison, these are the the stages this screenshot in based on:

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...20U%20_011.png http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/re...2016_58_06.png
Wow, looks great! Kinda reminds me of the rooftop stage in the SNES Tournament Fighters too.

As a reward for your creative labors, here's a save state for just before the giant Mouser battle in the first NES game!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/va...-MouserDen.nst

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #84
Powder
So tired of this place

That looks SO dope, & my mind made the same comparison he did, to Tournament Fighters. Is that a new stage in need of new music?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #85
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Wow, looks great! Kinda reminds me of the rooftop stage in the SNES Tournament Fighters too.

As a reward for your creative labors, here's a save state for just before the giant Mouser battle in the first NES game!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/va...-MouserDen.nst
Aww yeah thanks!

And yeah I got inspiration from that TF stage as well!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #86
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That looks SO dope, & my mind made the same comparison he did, to Tournament Fighters. Is that a new stage in need of new music?
Thanks! Oh and music is covered for this one. The stages that could use new music are:
- Channel 6
- Dimension X (maybe a longer version of the track you sent me)
- Swamps ( I was originally going to use music from Bayou Billy, but that would be too cheap I think)

Not mandatory but would be nice to have:
- A remix of that Shredder theme from TF NES (not his stage, but the one of the intro that plays in the intro of rescue palooza as well) but more dramatic
- A konamized remix of this theme (minute 20 to 20:26):
Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #87
Powder
So tired of this place

If you can give me a few screen caps of the levels you need music for, I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. May sound strange but visuals are a requirement for this creative process, my tunes have got to suit the stages. I can try to recreate that Fred Wolf background music, sure. It'd be a lot more fun to do than the the TF one given it's never been in a game before.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #88
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
If you can give me a few screen caps of the levels you need music for, I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. May sound strange but visuals are a requirement for this creative process, my tunes have got to suit the stages. I can try to recreate that Fred Wolf background music, sure. It'd be a lot more fun to do than the the TF one given it's never been in a game before.
Thanks. I haven't started work on those levels so what I will do for now is send you a PM (probably tomorrow) with an description and also some screenshots that I will use as a base for the backgrounds, or stages from other games that i will rip off take inspiration from.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:25 PM   #89
Powder
So tired of this place

Alright, I could probably work with that. Just be as descriptive as you can, especially with respect to their color palette. There's a strong connection for me between color & music, so they've gotta match just right.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #90
Tortuglio
Thug

awesome!

Wow! I'd seen a few months back some stuff of this project over at chrono crash, but haven't seen it in a while, all these updates... THIS IS REALLY COOL!
And, as everyone said, a very creative project. Congrats!

BTW, this is map is great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Tortuglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #91
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuglio View Post
Wow! I'd seen a few months back some stuff of this project over at chrono crash, but haven't seen it in a while, all these updates... THIS IS REALLY COOL!
And, as everyone said, a very creative project. Congrats!

BTW, this is map is great!
Thank you very much, Tortuglio! Glad you like it so far.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:07 AM   #92
Nelson
Stone Warrior

New demo up over at Gamejolt! Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you find any bugs!

http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/tee...palooza/39658/
Old 05-31-2015, 01:14 AM   #93
Powder
So tired of this place

I found a bug. It gave me a malware virus. One of the files (Borpak, I think it read?) has a system 32 "info stealer" in it, apparently. Soooooo what's the deal?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:20 AM   #94
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I found a bug. It gave me a malware virus. One of the files (Borpak, I think it read?) has a system 32 "info stealer" in it, apparently. Soooooo what's the deal?
Thanks for giving it a try. Not sure what the issue is. Borpak is an OpenBOR utility, it's not needed to play the game so I deleted it from the bundle. I just reuploaded the demo. Let me know if the new file also gives you issues.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:28 PM   #95
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Thanks for the updated demo, Nelson. The game really feels like it's coming together now that the map screen is functional. I really hope any malware has already been removed, as I downloaded the game around 8am Sunday morning.

The TMNT1 rooftop level is definitely my favorite. It's a real throwback to classic platforming and I greatly appreciated how you expanded the stage as a surprise after the first boss battle.

As a followup to my previous experience on the last demo, I found that even though April tended to dominate the beat em' up sections due to range and attack speed, she struggled considerably more in the side scrolling and 2D battles against Slash. Carefully-timed jumps are a real necessity to avoid his devastating attacks.

The Mona Lisa sprites look great. And I'm glad to see you added the Foot Balloon Bombers from the first NES game.

And the Playmates themed toy box on the unlock screens is just lovely.
I decided to make a template for keeping track of everybody just for fun.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 06-02-2015 at 09:06 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #96
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Could you please release a Mac version of the new demo?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #97
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks for the updated demo, Nelson. The game really feels like it's coming together now that the map screen is functional. I really hope any malware has already been removed, as I downloaded the game around 8am Sunday morning.

The TMNT1 rooftop level is definitely my favorite. It's a real throwback to classic platforming and I greatly appreciated how you expanded the stage as a surprise after the first boss battle.

As a followup to my previous experience on the last demo, I found that even though April tended to dominate the beat em' up sections due to range and attack speed struggle considerably more in the side scrolling and 2D battles against Slash. Carefully-timed jumps are a real necessity to avoid his devastating attacks.

The Mona Lisa sprites look great. And I'm glad to see you added the Foot Balloon Bombers from the first NES game.

And the Playmates themed toy box on the unlock screens is just lovely.
I decided to make a template for keeping track of everybody just for fun.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...psynbaxxv7.png
Thank you very much not only for what you said but the way you said it. What prose!
Nice idea of putting all characters n one picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Could you please release a Mac version of the new demo?
The thing is that to be able to include the map and some new scripts, I had to update to a newer version of OpenBOR, and sadly this new version doesn't have a Mac port (yet, I hope)

You can get around that using Wine, though.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #98
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Here's a gameplay video of the demo:

Also, I worked some more on the game on Sunday. The next step was to finish the dojo stage, but I decided instead to work on a new stage that wasn't part of the original plan. I am using the construction site stage from the TMNT game for GBA. I still have to recolor it to fit the rest of the game, but I wanted to share some things.

One are net trappings, if you're not careful and step on one you get trapped momentarily.

The enemies in this stage are not only Foot Soldiers but also these guys:

...who are complete wimps and can be defeated with only one hit.

Bosses are Tokka and Rahzar. Here's the Tokka WIP:

And lastly but not leastly the music for the stage is all new and composed by our very own Powder!

Oh and also I got rid of the dark background in the upper part of the screen.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #99
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

OK, this is going to sound stupid.

I have Parallels, so I CAN play the PC version.

However, I have no idea how to install the game.

Help?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #100
Xav
Foot Elite

I have a question. In the original NES games you would always see however you were rescuing during the boss fights being held capture in the backgrounds. Is that something you plan to do for this game?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan game, remix