The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 08:01 AM   #381
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
You're lucky I'm aware of the fact that you're special or I would have schooled your ass so goddamn hard.
This right here was gold.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #382
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
You're lucky I'm aware of the fact that you're special or I would have schooled your ass so goddamn hard.
Whatever dude.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #383
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

It's great, really. For a second there, with that first trailer, I thought this was going to be a legitimately good sequel to a horrible, horrible movie. Then that Superbowl ad came on and showed us some sh*t. Almost wasted actual money on this tripe.

Whew! That was a close one! Thanks, Superbowl!
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #384
RETTEB SNATAS
Thug

Anyways.. I'm gonna post a few shots once I shrink them down.

Last edited by RETTEB SNATAS; 02-10-2016 at 02:24 PM.
RETTEB SNATAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #385
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETTEB SNATAS View Post
Holy crap, kid, how big were they BEFORE you shrunk them down?
Old 02-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #386
Powder
So tired of this place

No 1080p? C'mon, son. If you're gonna cap, it should be to give people a high quality glimpse at what went by so quickly.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #387
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Oh look, there's a Crush soda machine in the back of the bus.

Good to know Mikey (Mikey Bay, that is) hasn't lost his current corporate pimps...
Old 02-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #388
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Hooray for more product placement!

Whoop-de-freakin-doo.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #389
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
Hooray for more product placement!

Whoop-de-freakin-doo.
Turtles gotta thirst, man... takes a lotta fluids to keep those big-ass bodies moving.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #390
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
It's great, really. For a second there, with that first trailer, I thought this was going to be a legitimately good sequel to a horrible, horrible movie. Then that Superbowl ad came on and showed us some sh*t. Almost wasted actual money on this tripe.

Whew! That was a close one! Thanks, Superbowl!
Nice of them to be upfront about that.

And hey, a sig quote! I am honoured.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #391
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh look, there's a Crush soda machine in the back of the bus.

Good to know Mikey (Mikey Bay, that is) hasn't lost his current corporate pimps...
Hah, didn't notice that. Gotta afford to make the actual film somehow, I guess... after all, $5mil was just spent on a 30 second trailer.

(Although admittedly I was hoping the Berry Punch one for Leo would have reason to return. And I wish the free tickets...)

Mikey and those maniacal (edit: mechanical lol) truck arms though... At least he breaks them off. Maybe that was the point of it being ridiculous.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-10-2016 at 03:12 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #392
Powder
So tired of this place

Crush got me in for free last time, if they wanna get me in for free again, that's fine.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #393
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETTEB SNATAS View Post
WTFH with Casey's Mask? It looks like a facehugger or like it's trying to fuse with with his head like the Mask. A hockey mask only covers the face, not the whole ****in head, Micheal Bay.....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #394
Leo656
The Franchise

You can get a comics-accurate Casey mask on Amazon for like, $40. This sh*t is inexcusable. Especially when he doesn't even have long hair to make his head look bigger.

The thing just swallows his whole head. Ain't right! Looks terrible! And I BET it cost more than $40!

I just don't get WHY they always have to over-think these things when the solutions are always so simple. It can't just be "different"; if it's not "better", you can't do "different", that's the rule. It's a simple rule, but nobody listens. If it's just Different, but not Better, then it's ass.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #395
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You can get a comics-accurate Casey mask on Amazon for like, $40. This sh*t is inexcusable. Especially when he doesn't even have long hair to make his head look bigger.

The thing just swallows his whole head. Ain't right! Looks terrible! And I BET it cost more than $40!

I just don't get WHY they always have to over-think these things when the solutions are always so simple. It can't just be "different"; if it's not "better", you can't do "different", that's the rule. It's a simple rule, but nobody listens. If it's just Different, but not Better, then it's ass.
Exactly. It's like they're purposely trying to ruin the movie in every way possible.

BTW Who keeps adding these ridiculous tags to threads? IMO tags should be TMNT-related, not opinions or attacking drome members.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #396
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Casey Jones: Human Bobblehead
Old 02-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #397
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
I'm just wondering. What is it about this one that says to you they know what they're doing? I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm seriously asking because to my eyes looks the same as the last on only with added nostalgia. That's the vibe I'm getting everywhere else on line too. People are excited by the OT references but that's all I see
Its stupid, just like the 80's cartoon. If there's one thing Michael Bay's company can do, it's stupid. Whether it's entertaining stupid or not, we'll know once it's out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Hey, nobody can tell you what to do with your time and your money. If this is what you want more of, have at it. But if it isn't what you really want... if this movie doesn't turn out well either and doesn't represent what you want for the property... Just remember, you voted for it!
It's a little too late to be concerned about that. I didn't pay for the first movie. You got this sequel whether you liked it or not.

To put it in another way, you guys paid money to see Batman Returns, and you get Batman and Robin. You voted for it with your money.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:30 AM   #398
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
WTFH with Casey's Mask? It looks like a facehugger or like it's trying to fuse with with his head like the Mask. A hockey mask only covers the face, not the whole ****in head, Micheal Bay.....
That's a complete lie man. Hockey masks incase the wearers head to protect them from harm. Sure fake nock offs only cover the face but actual hockey masks cover pretty much the whole head.
So they took the design of Casey's mask and turned it into a real hockey mask. And seeing as he is supposed to be a real hockey player do you really think he'd have a fake one or a real one

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 02-11-2016 at 07:36 AM.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #399
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
That's a complete lie man. Hockey masks incase the wearers head to protect them from harm. Sure fake nock offs only cover the face but actual hockey masks cover pretty much the whole head.
So they took the design of Casey's mask and turned it into a real hockey mask. And seeing as he is supposed to be a real hockey player do you really think he'd have a fake one or a real one

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

http://sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-co...lor-mask-1.jpg

http://pics.classicauctions.net/clas...ons/36/196.jpg
Actually you are wrong. Up until around the 60's goalies didn't wear masks at all. When they first started to they only wore them to protect their face like the ones you see Jason wear and Casey Jones. It wasn't until the late 70's that they started wrapping around most of the head. Then of course in the 80's came the back of the head piece which later evolved into what we have today.

Below is an example from the early 70's.

Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #400
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Exactly. He was designed to be wearing an older, simpler mask. While you technically can update it, modern goalie masks/helmets look a lot different, so you lose the iconic "look" in the process. Casey's supposed to be a grungy, blue-collar kind of guy, so the used '70s style goalie mask just works for him.

Ultimately it's about aesthetics. The classic mask just looks better. His head doesn't look "too big" and awkward, and trying to merge the classic mask look with a bigger "modern" helmet just looks... off.

Tags
tmnt superbowl trailer