The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #481
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
This is hilarous, it's like the "Foot will totally have swords since the Lego sets have swords" ordeal.
Seeing as I heard from one of the foot actors telling me they had swords. And even after watching the movie recently they have swords. Do they make use of them in the version they release no all those parts got cut. But that doesn't change that they had them.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #482
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
does show one thing no real hockey player really wears or wore the kind of mask Casey originally had
Also not true.

https://www.google.com/search?espv=2....0.3xfbJJr9Kp8

Face-only hockey masks from the 70s.

Very similar in style and function to Casey's usual mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #483
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Also not true.

https://www.google.com/search?espv=2....0.3xfbJJr9Kp8

Face-only hockey masks from the 70s.

Very similar in style and function to Casey's usual mask.
Wears like people currently wearing not what they were wearing in the 70s.

To make my self clear yes the 70s style is the same style used for Casey original. I get that. I understand that. I know that. K? K? OK. I understand that the face mask evolved into some more like what Casey has in this movie. Seeing as it offers much more protection for the wearer. I also now know that this style died off in the early 90s in favor for the safer caged masks used currently.

I understand you like and prefer Casey's old mask

I think this new mask works as it offers more protection and seems to be an almost standard evolution of the mask he had. Is it newer then his old mask yea is it 100% modern like I originally thought no, I was wrong. But I still think it's more modern then his old style while still looking enough like his old mask to work. I understand you don't agree. You also would not admit to liking anything this movie puts out so its not surprising.

To me it looks like a mask a hockey player would have. One who plays real hockey while still wanting to wear a mask like this. Similar to the hockey mask from Zack and Miri. Who is a character who plays hockey wearing the same type of mask. If I saw anyone playing real hockey wearing a mask in the style of Casey's old mask I'd think they were crazy and were definitely loosing teeth or at least getting a black eye.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-15-2016, 11:38 PM   #484
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Wears like people currently wearing not what they were wearing in the 70s.
This is what hockey goalies are currently wearing.

Would you also be okay with that in the movie? You know, since it's what people are currently wearing and it offers more protection?

Quote:
Seeing as it offers much more protection for the wearer.
It also looks really stupid and ridiculous on him.

Quote:
I think this new mask works as it offers more protection and seems to be an almost standard evolution of the mask he had.
Oh okay, so you WOULD have no problem with the modern cage masks being worn by today's hockey goalies, as those also offer more protection to the wearer.

Quote:
You also would not admit to liking anything this movie puts out so its not surprising.

Quote:
If I saw anyone playing real hockey wearing a mask in the style of Casey's old mask I'd think they were crazy and were definitely loosing teeth or at least getting a black eye.
So literally any hockey goalie from the 80s on back.

I'd love to see you say that to one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:21 AM   #485
Myko
Thug

"You know it's not really possible or practical to stand upright on top of an airplane."

"Yeah but it looks cool!"

"Casey's new mask looks dumb!"

"Yeah but it's more practical!"
Myko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 AM   #486
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Were arguing practical but let's be honest, does Casey strike you as the guy to wear a mask for protection? I wouldn't be surprised if he wore it just to scare people or not be identified (kinda moot since he shouts his names to the heavens) The sport car is something I see Casey owning and gushing over but he sooner leave it in a shed to protect it from weathering than drive it everywhere. As for the hair cut I know where they got it but its a another shallow attempt at IDW mythos and really only there to try and lure in the comic crowd. Just like April being at TCRI in the first movie. (Which is technically not right since it was stocktronics)
Old 02-16-2016, 04:46 AM   #487
ToTheNines
[sic]

Casey has medium length shaggy hair in IDW. Not as long as usual, but way better than Queen's buzz cut.

And no sam, his mask is nothing like a modern goalie mask. It's just oversized and foolishly stylized. Just like the turtles designs, so we really shouldn't be surprised
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:51 AM   #488
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Casey has medium length shaggy hair in IDW. Not as long as usual, but way better than Queen's buzz cut.

And no sam, his mask is nothing like a modern goalie mask. It's just oversized and foolishly stylized. Just like the turtles designs, so we really shouldn't be surprised
Yeah kind of my point. although I probably could've worded it better?
Old 02-16-2016, 05:41 AM   #489
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
You also would not admit to liking anything this movie puts out so its not surprising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Jeeeeez.

"Would not admit to liking anything"? So what... is that implying that the movie's critics are lying with their criticisms?

Sam, dude... you seem to have a pretty big problem dealing with other peoples' opinions when they differ from your own. Or accepting those opinions at all. You're gonna have to get over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myko View Post
"You know it's not really possible or practical to stand upright on top of an airplane."

"Yeah but it looks cool!"

"Casey's new mask looks dumb!"

"Yeah but it's more practical!"
Exactly. People like what they like, and that's fine, but when their reasoning/defenses are this inconsistent and contradictory... What else can you say, really?

Last edited by Bry; 02-16-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #490
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Seeing as I heard from one of the foot actors telling me they had swords..
Sure, there's the alleged sepukku scene, which was not used. And there's no further evidence that the Foot used swords as standard equipment, until the scenes Liebsman did for this masterfully idea of shooting three different movies and edit them into one movie resurface. I'd say it's safe to say guns was standard issue for the PD Foot, and the Sepukku scene involving a sword was a unique moment.

Quote:
And even after watching the movie recently they have swords. Do they make use of them in the version they release no all those parts got cut. But that doesn't change that they had them.
The Lair infiltration segment, the Foot uses eskrima sticks or stun batons.

There's two Foot that have melee weapons that confronts Raph as he enters the room where the other Turtles are kept having their blood drained, but it doesn't look like swords, but the same eskrima sticks or stun batons.

Where did you even see a Foot using a sword?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #491
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Sure, there's the alleged sepukku scene, which was not used. And there's no further evidence that the Foot used swords as standard equipment, until the scenes Liebsman did for this masterfully idea of shooting three different movies and edit them into one movie resurface. I'd say it's safe to say guns was standard issue for the PD Foot, and the Sepukku scene involving a sword was a unique moment.

The Lair infiltration segment, the Foot uses eskrima sticks or stun batons.

There's two Foot that have melee weapons that confronts Raph as he enters the room where the other Turtles are kept having their blood drained, but it doesn't look like swords, but the same eskrima sticks or stun batons.

Where did you even see a Foot using a sword?
I never said they used them in the final movie only there were there. There are scenes that have foot with swords on Their backs, its brief but they are there. There was also a bts from Nick shown the turtles fighting foot who were wielding swords. I know all those instances got cut. But they were there at some point.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #492
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
There are scenes that have foot with swords on Their backs, its brief but they are there..
But, where in the movie are they?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #493
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry

Sam, dude... you seem to have a pretty big problem dealing with other peoples' opinions when they differ from your own. Or accepting those opinions at all. You're gonna have to get over that.
I'm not the one saying people can't have opinions dude all I said is the mask Casey has in this movie is a mask a real hockey player would have. And then I get ganged up on , people saying "No your wrong hockey player don't wear those mask." Yet have found plenty of masks that look like the one he wears in this movie. Which people keep say is a fake over sized stupid mask when its not. It's a hockey mask in the same style of those I have posted multiple times that keeps the look of Casey original mask. Thats it, that's all it is.

You guys are the people straight up saying anyone who is excited for this movie is stupid or mentally slow. Or some how lower then your almight selves.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #494
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
But, where in the movie are they?
Lair break in. I understand they don't use them but they are on the backs of a handful of foot.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-16-2016, 08:24 AM   #495
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I'm not the one saying people can't have opinions dude all I said is the mask Casey has in this movie is a mask a real hockey player would have.
But it's fu*king NOT. Why can't you accept that?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:29 AM   #496
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Odd, I don't see any swords on any Foot's back. I just see guns, riot shields and stun batons.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #497
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
I'm not the one saying people can't have opinions dude all I said is the mask Casey has in this movie is a mask a real hockey player would have. And then I get ganged up on , people saying "No your wrong hockey player don't wear those mask." Yet have found plenty of masks that look like the one he wears in this movie. Which people keep say is a fake over sized stupid mask when its not. It's a hockey mask in the same style of those I have posted multiple times that keeps the look of Casey original mask. Thats it, that's all it is.
Except it isn't. It's not a modern one. And if he's using an old-fashioned mask, its not any more "realistic" than the classic version. And it looks distinctly worse than that version, so what's the reason for changing it? That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
You guys are the people straight up saying anyone who is excited for this movie is stupid or mentally slow. Or some how lower then your almight selves.
When has anyone said any of that? Seriously. I know I haven't.

You're being incredibly defensive and personal over this, Sam. And I think that's got more to do with you than it has to do with me or anyone else.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:39 AM   #498
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

no sam, not one of us has said that at all. you really just do take others opinions way to personally.

anyways back to the mask..someone here said it best. Casey's mask is not about protection it's about instilling fear into his enemies/victims.

it the batman approach.

until he meets the turtles, Casey didn't deal with mutants or monsters, just your everyday thug or crook.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #499
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:

It's because you keep changing your story and it's still not based on correct information. When I called you on it the first time you should have just fessed up and been done with it.

Your first statement was that his mask was real and not fake ebay crap. Then I showed you that the original Casey Jones mask was actually used in the 70's. Then it flipped to well it's a modern mask. Then many of us pointed out to you that the kind of mask he is wearing isn't modern either. Those type of masks haven't been worn since the 80's. Then you changed your story to the more protection. Now are you are saying we said they never wore those masks in the NHL, which all we have done is point out those masks haven't been worn in almost 30 years.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #500
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Casey's mask is not about protection it's about instilling fear into his enemies/victims.
It's also about making sure no one sees his face and recognizes him. These are like the only two purposes his mask serves. Casey doesn't care about protection.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt superbowl trailer