The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2022, 12:18 PM   #1
Mojoswork
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: New York
Posts: 3
Do the Pizza Monsters appear in any comics?

I'm trying to track down if/where the Pizza Monster xenomorphs appear in any TMNT-related comics. Off the top of my head, I'm most familiar with IDW and the 90s Archie series, and don't recall them popping up in either.

Anyone know?
Mojoswork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,865
Mutant Turtles

According to the Turtlepedia, they appear in the Japanese Mutant Turtles comics, even if no article exists yet.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pizza_Monsters
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 14,211
No “original” stories featuring them, so far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
According to the Turtlepedia, they appear in the Japanese Mutant Turtles comics, even if no article exists yet.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pizza_Monsters
Yes, Dengeki Mutant Turtles 4, even if it is basically a straight adaptation of the show:








__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,444
The Konami videogames really did make people believe the Pizza Monsters, Roadkill Rodney's and even the Mousers appeared a lot more than they did. In reality they're all 1 episode appearances in the original show. Even in most other universes the Mousers don't appear too much after Baxter's first episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Konami videogames really did make people believe the Pizza Monsters, Roadkill Rodney's and even the Mousers appeared a lot more than they did. In reality they're all 1 episode appearances in the original show. Even in most other universes the Mousers don't appear too much after Baxter's first episodes.
In general people's understanding of the Turtlemania era seems to come closer to the Konami games or the Archie series than the show anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:59 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,549
I think the 2K3 show and the 2K12 show made them appear more than once at least. But yeah, even in the Mirage comics, the Mousers only appeared in one issue.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:36 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,444
In Season 4 they made bigger Mousers in the 2k3 series. The Mousers did appear a little bit into the Nick cartoon as well but stopped after awhile. And IDW actually used them again around issue 50 or so.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:38 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
In general people's understanding of the Turtlemania era seems to come closer to the Konami games or the Archie series than the show anyway.
In Sweden, definately. Many Archie and Fleetway comics were published, and only a few cartoon episodes from seasons 1–3 were released to VHS tape for those who didn't have access to cable television and satellite television.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:55 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 14,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think the 2K3 show and the 2K12 show made them appear more than once at least. But yeah, even in the Mirage comics, the Mousers only appeared in one issue.
Two, if you count Tales #61. It was kind of a big deal when Tristan Jones decided to bring them back.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:44 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Two, if you count Tales #61. It was kind of a big deal when Tristan Jones decided to bring them back.
Dang, I vaguely remember that. Wasn't it like some other people used them? Like it wasn't Baxter himself coming back or anything.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 05:59 AM   #11
Mojoswork
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: New York
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
No “original” stories featuring them, so far as I know.



Yes, Dengeki Mutant Turtles 4, even if it is basically a straight adaptation of the show:
http://i.imgur.com/O3uO1aZl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pb99tKEl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f3Nt3Kol.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8XIQ0hQl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RPZenDyl.jpg
Yow! This is great! Thanks for the help here.
Mojoswork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #12
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In Sweden, definately. Many Archie and Fleetway comics were published, and only a few cartoon episodes from seasons 1–3 were released to VHS tape for those who didn't have access to cable television and satellite television.
Well, yeah. To be fair, it is true that most people I've talked to about it IRL are from Sweden. It's just that even online people don't seem to be able to remember what the show was really like either.

There's basically the idea of the show (A variety of Animal Mutants and Action), which isn't totally inaccurate but certainly emphasises certain aspects that were less prevalent than one might expect, and what the show really was like (Mostly a sitcom some sci-fi/fantasy elements).

If I were to describe Mad Dog McMutt to a random person who had not seen the show since childhood, they would probably think I was talking about a mutant bulldog character and not just an ugly human character. He's not really an unusual character for the show, human villains were quite possibly more common in the show than mutant villains, it's just that the common understanding of the show is that it was about mutant animals.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:50 AM   #13
RetroReminiscence
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Evansville IN
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Konami videogames really did make people believe the Pizza Monsters, Roadkill Rodney's and even the Mousers appeared a lot more than they did. In reality they're all 1 episode appearances in the original show. Even in most other universes the Mousers don't appear too much after Baxter's first episodes.

That’s a great point! I played the game so I assumed all them were much more prevalent in the cartoon also as a kid.
RetroReminiscence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.