The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2020, 04:44 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This is why we can't have nice things. Because of this up here. ^
Nice to see your support for TMNT.
I don't support a f*cking logo on a sticker, pal, I support things worth supporting. Brand Names are meaningless. Grow up and get a clue.

YOU'RE the problem. You and your "If it says 'TMNT' on the label it's a masterpiece by default" horse sh*t. Brand loyalty is a f*cking cancer.

We "can't have nice things" because people in their goddamn 40s are still laughing at fart jokes and think THAT should be The Franchise. That's where this brand ought'a aim. Right at the Lowest Common Denominator.

You and your kind of "fans" can f*ck right off with your noise, pal. You have absolutely zero standards and blindly fall in love with anything that has a brand name sticker on it. That sucks. That ruins things for people with actual standards and taste. You're the entire reason we can only have TMNT products aimed at 5-year olds.

I know you're f*cking proud of yourself but if you had any sense whatsoever you'd be ashamed of yourself for being one of the primary reasons that this franchise is garbage now. "Yay! More garbage! At least it says 'TMNT' on the trash can!"

Every single thing you post about anything makes me sick. Kindly don't ever quote me again because I don't like replying to you. Everything about you disgusts me and it's time someone put you and people like you in your goddamn place. You're the reason the cancer has spread to the brain of this stupid franchise, and you're proud of it. That makes me sick. You have no idea. You have no idea how polite I'm being right now.

If you ever see fit to "call me out" again, I won't be so nice. "Enjoy your craphole, dumbass."
-------------

Seth Rogen is a Professional Buffoon. If he's putting up the money, the project is going to reflect his tastes. That's how these projects work. We already went through this sh*t with the Bay disaster. Kevin Smith might do a worse job, but it'd be the same ballpark of sh*t. If you know how these people think, you KNOW what to expect from anything they're in charge of. You'd have to be a drooling imbecile to think otherwise.

"More comedy" in itself is the last thing this franchise needs. "More SETH ROGEN style comedy" is even lower on the list than that.

Rogen's fans are all exactly like him: middle-aged clowns who still giggle at "Poo-poo pee-pee" sh*t. Perpetual 12-year olds. "Haha, that one farted! An' that one said a dirty word! Haha! Random Pot Reference Here Because That's Edgy!" F*ck Seth Rogen, everyone who looks like Seth Rogen, and anyone who ever paid money to watch his crap.

He was tolerable in 40-Year Old Virgin because he was in it for all of 4 minutes. If he's the guy making the creative decisions, it's gonna be sh*t. Again, you're more delusional than a Bible-thumping Baptist Flat Earther if you think otherwise. Delusional people can't be helped, they're delusional.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 06-30-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:51 PM   #42
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 13,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't support a f*cking logo on a sticker, pal, I support things worth supporting. Brand Names are meaningless. Grow up and get a clue.

YOU'RE the problem. You and your "If it says 'TMNT' on the label it's a masterpiece by default" horse sh*t. Brand loyalty is a f*cking cancer.

We "can't have nice things" because people in their goddamn 40s are still laughing at fart jokes and think THAT should be The Franchise. That's where this brand ought'a aim. Right at the Lowest Common Denominator.

You and your kind of "fans" can f*ck right off with your noise, pal. You have absolutely zero standards and blindly fall in love with anything that has a brand name sticker on it. That sucks. That ruins things for people with actual standards and taste. You're the entire reason we can only have TMNT products aimed at 5-year olds.

I know you're f*cking proud of yourself but if you had any sense whatsoever you'd be ashamed of yourself for being one of the primary reasons that this franchise is garbage now. "Yay! More garbage! At least it says 'TMNT' on the trash can!"

Every single thing you post about anything makes me sick. Kindly don't ever quote me again because I don't like replying to you. Everything about you disgusts me and it's time someone put you and people like you in your goddamn place. You're the reason the cancer has spread to the brain of this stupid franchise, and you're proud of it. That makes me sick. You have no idea. You have no idea how polite I'm being right now.

If you ever see fit to "call me out" again, I won't be so nice. "Enjoy your craphole, dumbass."
If this bothers you so much. There are other versions out there that suits your need. For now. There are versions of TMNT that caters to all kinds of fans. Im being one who fully supports FW, Archie and now IDW. This new Movie will be its own thing. Another universe.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:51 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 14,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
But Rogen and TMNT is gonna be TMNT Sausage Party: Now with more Ejaculate Jokes. Or anal jokes. The man's not picky.


Surely Nick will spare us at least that...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedi...a/13920275.gif

Surely Nick will spare us at least that...
Fine. Feces jokes. Kids love feces and flatulence.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:57 PM   #45
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,728
Sausage Party is a R rated movie right, so the TMNT movie won't be on the same level as that.

Anyway isn't writer from Gravity Falls writing this movie. I've never seen Gravity Falls but I heard it's good.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,669
Don't quote me, I said, guy. I wish you no harm on this Earth and I'm sure you're a good enough guy in Real Life but I'd just as soon we don't speak. Our values are polar opposites apart and I find every single interaction of ours to be distasteful.

People like you are why everyone thinks TMNT fans are manchildren with no taste, and it would be great if you didn't lean into it so much, or had any self-awareness whatsoever.

85 TMNT "universes" already exist and 81 of them are worthless crap. Be nice if we got something GOOD ever again, BUT I GUESS WE JUST DON'T NEED IT THAT BAD.

But yeah, I know your opinion, don't @ me. I'd sooner vote for AOC for President than I would ever, EVER agree with anything you say. That's as nice as I can be about it. Literally everything you can say to me is wasted text, we're never going to agree so just save yourself. Save us both.

Again, I wish you no harm in this life. I just think everything you say is wrong, quite ridiculously so, so please stay away from me. Be well, have a nice life, but for f*ck's sake don't talk to me. You're terrible for my blood pressure.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 14,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Fine. Feces jokes. Kids love feces and flatulence.
Yes, I don't doubt the butt and fart jokes, so many cartoons are full of them anymore as it is.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #48
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Sausage Party is a R rated movie right, so the TMNT movie on the same level as that.

Anyway isn't writer from Gravity Falls writing this movie. I've never seen Gravity Falls but I heard it's good.
No, he's directing. Brendan O'Brien is writing the screenplay.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 PM   #49
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
No, he's directing. Brendan O'Brien is writing the screenplay.
"From the guys who brought you the immortal classics 'Sausage Party' and 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'..."

Holy sh*t, IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE! Good Lord, we are living in the goddamn Injustice timeline.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #50
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
No, he's directing. Brendan O'Brien is writing the screenplay.
Ah, ok. I haven't seen any of those movies. I also haven't seen many movies with Seth Rogen in.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #51
sdp
doomer
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,999
2007 are my favorite TMNT designs so far, whether 2d or 3d, I know some don't like them but I loved them. I hope they don't stray too far from them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:14 PM   #52
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 1,808
Seth Rogen? We're doomed.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:17 PM   #53
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Ah, ok. I haven't seen any of those movies. I also haven't seen many movies with Seth Rogen in.
40-Year Old Virgin is actually good. But that's in spite of Seth Rogen, not in any way because of him. Most of his scenes are simple "Y'know how I know you're gay?" type "jokes". Again, literally everything he does has that "middle school class clown" type of "humor", it's just unavoidable because he's just an overgrown 12-year old (and, as stated, so are most of his fans). Maybe I'm coming off as harsh but it's all provably true just by looking at his body of work, anyone who's seen his stuff can tell you what his sensibilities are. That's true of most entertainers. You either like Jim Carrey or you don't, you like Adam Sandler or you don't, you like Tim Burton movies or you don't. There's very little middle ground on these things, if you know an entertainer you know their "style" and you know exactly what you're getting when you see their name on a project.

40-Year Old Virgin a decent movie altogether, though, in spite of Seth Rogen not because of him. I don't generally like "comedies" because they try way too hard most of the time and are very one-dimensional by design, but that one's actually pretty funny.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:20 PM   #54
sdp
doomer
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Or, since 80s nostalgia is a thing right now,
80s nostalgia has been a thing since the early 2000's, it just hasn't stopped for some reason, 90s nostalgia came but it didn't kill 80s nostalgia, it gave it another lump of air since now people mix and match the decades. Damn, let that decade die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
All in CG? I mean... we already got a movie in 2007 and a full series in 2012 all in CG. What can they bring that is new?

I need more info. But the news for now is just... meh.
Well by that logic...We've already had 3 live action movies and 1 live action show, we've alredy had 3 traditional 2d animated series, we've already had 2 live action with cg movies, we've already had a 2D movie.

I don't even know what you would want, a 4D animated show?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:30 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,447
As long as there are no nostrils or noses on the Turtles, that alone will make it better than the Bay films.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:48 PM   #56
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 13,350
Its funny seeing people thinking that the movie will be at the level of Sausage Party when it most certainly will not. Seth Rogen has done family friendly before. Nickelodeon is involved. They are not gonna let there IP be filled with potty humor and all that stuff.

One of the Turtles probably Mikey is gonna provide most of the humor. But I would love to see Raph have the sense of humor he had from FW. I miss that Raph.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #57
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, and Michael Bay was "only" producing the PD movies and his sensibilities had NOTHING to do with the final product. That was all just a happy accident.

It is what it is. As predicted, the people who love anything with a TMNT sticker and never care if it's garbage will and are doing a jig just because it's More TMNT Sh*t. Anyone with two eyes and any deductive reasoning skills whatsoever sees this train coming from far away, and we're not about to get steamrolled by it. We're way past "once bitten" with this brand by now.

This is just one more pile of dog sh*t on the burning dumpster fire this entire franchise has become. I can't wait for Viacom to shelve this whole stupid brand already instead of shoveling more garbage on the corpse.

F*ck TMNT. There, I said it. F*ck this entire franchise right in the goddamn ear. It's worthless. It died when Nick bought it and anyone who thinks we're ever getting any kind of "renaissance" are just as delusional as those waiting for The Rapture. Y'all deserve to be forever let down for never being able to see the forest for the trees.

F*ck this brand, f*ck this idea, f*ck Seth Rogen, and f*ck Nick/Viacom. F*ck this entire goddamn franchise. It's trash.
It's hard for me to follow the logic of "I have examples of this happening so it will definitely happen 100% of the time, Game over, man!."

I've also seen a lot of projects come from creators you wouldn't expect. Whether that means surprisingly good, surprisingly bad, or just different.

I guess I'm taking the controversial take of "there is a possibility this isn't total ****." :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its funny seeing people thinking that the movie will be at the level of Sausage Party when it most certainly will not. Seth Rogen has done family friendly before. Nickelodeon is involved. They are not gonna let there IP be filled with potty humor and all that stuff.

One of the Turtles probably Mikey is gonna provide most of the humor. But I would love to see Raph have the sense of humor he had from FW. I miss that Raph.
I have to agree with this. I don't fault anyone for thinking this is going to blow. But I feel like there are so many gaps in logic on the way to assuming this will be anything like Sausage party. You guys know this thing has to sell toys, right?

Last edited by AquaParade; 06-30-2020 at 05:58 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #58
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,347
I'd be lying if I said that the more I read the thread (seeing other works) that I wasn't now feeling it could more straight up goofy comedy and less just having an element of comedy. I'll try to reserve judgment still though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:11 PM   #59
sdp
doomer
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I'd be lying if I said that the more I read the thread (seeing other works) that I wasn't now feeling it could more straight up goofy comedy and less just having an element of comedy. I'll try to reserve judgment still though.
It's all baseless speculation, the movie will be whatever the one fronting the money wants the movie to be.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #60
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 13,350
In the next couple of months or a year from now we'll starting hearing about the casting. Its gonna be interesting to see who they choose to voice the Turtles, April, Splinter, Casey Jones, The Shredder and whoever else that might be in this new CGI movie.

Its interesting where Seth Rogen would take this franchise. Though I would've love to see people like Lord and Miller tackle TMNT.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
panda_cuck_fan, panda_is_not_a_cuck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.