The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 09-10-2022, 07:45 AM   #541
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the problem is how many unique levels can a TMNT game have?

- Streets of Manhattan
- Sewer level
- April's apartment
- Channel 6 (surprised they didn't do this till Shredder's Revenge)
- Fighting Dojo's
- Technodrome level
- Dimension X/outer space level

And anything else has been done already, like a highway (TMNT 2), a construction area (TMNT 2, Gameboy games), a beach (TMNT III), an alien spaceship (TMNT III and Turtles in Time), so the time travel levels did open a change of pace.
The first level of TMNT 2 NES was Channel 6 building burning down.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 11:56 AM   #542
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Nope, just April’s apartment building, specifically.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #543
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm pretty much done with the collection now. Genesis Tournament Fighters is by far the most cheap/hard game on the collection, even on the lowest difficulty. I have no idea how they didn't balance that game because the NES and SNES ones are perfectly fine on normal difficulty. I had to use rewind/saves a lot just to beat all the characters. On the bright side getting Man Ray, April, Casey, Triceraton, Krang and Karai playable is nice, so I use them in practice mode against the CPU.

Looked at all the documents too, very nice stuff there and how they translated a lot of the Japanese too. Didn't expect to see episode listings for the 2k3, Nick and Rise cartoons though, that was a surprise. Weird they didn't include a movie section, could have included the original movies, 2007 movie, Turtles Forever, the new movies, etc. too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:19 PM   #544
Antoniocafe
Random Punk

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Nope, just April’s apartment building, specifically.
You know, all these years I've never given a second thought that it wasn't the Channel 6 building. But apparently it's "April's Hot Midtown Loft"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220910-171620_Drive.jpg (99.5 KB, 33 views)
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:16 PM   #545
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I thought it’s her office cause the hallway is so huge unlike any other apartment’s Also when we met her after entering the door when she screams, we only saw her desk and book shelf so kinda like office to me.

My Limited Edition (Switch) finally arrived yesterday. Lotsa junk but the acrylic is pretty nice and the art book is really the main prize. Great book and pretty thick too. Nice.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:50 PM   #546
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoniocafe View Post
You know, all these years I've never given a second thought that it wasn't the Channel 6 building. But apparently it's "April's Hot Midtown Loft"
I thought the same.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:35 AM   #547
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I thought it’s her office cause the hallway is so huge unlike any other apartment’s Also when we met her after entering the door when she screams, we only saw her desk and book shelf so kinda like office to me.
I will admit it does have that sorta vibe. But it's reasonable to assume she had a home office setup. It was consistent with the TV show in that regard.

And that infamous "vase" is there too.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-15-2022, 05:16 PM   #548
Luke795
Hench Mutant

Pictures from only 2 episodes of the OT were missing from the collection. Planet of the Turtleoids and Rock Around the Block.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 06:16 PM   #549
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke795 View Post
Pictures from only 2 episodes of the OT were missing from the collection. Planet of the Turtleoids and Rock Around the Block.
Several “season” sets have the episodes wrongly placed.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-24-2022, 04:52 PM   #550
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife got me this game for my Birthday.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 05:02 PM   #551
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
My wife got me this game for my Birthday.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-25-2022, 01:03 AM   #552
CyberCubed
Overlord

Play through all the games, read through all the manuals, look at all the concept art, there is a lot here. Make sure to turn on the enchancements for certain games, like removing slowdown/flicker on NES games so now they run as intended.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #553
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I must admit as much of a "purist" as I can be and I DO enjoy playing the games on the original hardware as often as possible, being able to turn off the flicker and slowdown is a huge deal.

It's definitely a great set, they really outdid themselves with all the Bonus content. I'm sure most people will never even look at most of it but I skimmed it a little and was really impressed. Reminded me of the original Sonic Mega Collection back in the day with all the cool Extras that compilation had; we've sure come a long way.

So far I played the Arcade Game and the NES Arcade Game back-to-back, then I did the first Game Boy game for a palate-cleanser, then I did Manhattan Project. Really fun. I've never honestly played the two versions of "Arcade" back-to-back before so I was really blown away by a lot of the differences that were always glossed over in my mind's eye, like the Foot Soldier in the Arcade version carrying these big gigantic cartoon sledgehammers and in the NES version they're just regular size or smaller, even. And the tiny Mousers in the NES version, stuff like that. I think the NES version might play a little better, though; the Arcade version holds up to my memory of it being a supreme quarter-muncher with tons of spots that overwhelm you to death, and the NES version is thankfully much more forgiving. Either way, with essentially having Infinite Lives it's not like anything is really a setback now but it's still just a little annoying to have to wait a few seconds to respawn and whatnot. The extra levels and Bosses they tossed into the NES version always impressed me as well.

I'd forgotten how neat the first Game Boy game was; nothing special but for a 1990 handheld game that was meant to be played on car rides to the grocery store it's actually pretty cool.

I really like the borders around the game screen, too, but it's neat that you can turn them off and/or stretch the screen if you want to.

The only thing I don't like so far is the rumble feature; I'm playing it on Xbox One and it's just too strong, it makes this ungodly sound that's way too loud - it seems to be the L and R triggers rattling against the controller case, specifically, as if I keep my fingers pressed very lightly against them it sort of mitigates the rattling. No other game I've played on the system has given me this issue and it was so annoying that eventually I turned it off; it was actually keeping my wife awake, and she wasn't annoyed or anything but again, this never happens! It was by far the worst at the very end of Manhattan Project because Krang is constantly dropping bombs and Shredder is calling down lightning so there's the constant force-feedback and it sounded and felt like the controller was going haywire or going to break or something.

It's a great collection though, easily one of the best compilations ever released between the number of games and the sheer overwhelming amount of Bonus content.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:31 PM   #554
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, also make sure to look at the strategy guides in the pause menu, they're all new and created for this collection, they have some funny tips and jokes in them. The best part is they give a full map for TMNT 1 on NES so you can actually figure out where to go and look at every area, as well as TMNT 3 on Gameboy since that's basically a Metroid game and the new map is a lot better than the one the original game had.

Also the "rewind feature" and "save states" definitely makes TMNT 1 on NES more enjoyable. No more cheap deaths and you can explore without fear of losing all your lives and starting back at the beginning. Of course you won't really need to use them for the other TMNT games since they're pretty easy.

The SNES Tournament Fighters also has all the special move inputs in the strategy guide in the pause menu so you can see it easily how to use them for each character. Unfortunately for the NES/Genesis versions you have to exit the main game and go to the Lair section as the specials moves are only listed in the original instruction manuals that were scanned, but at least they're still there.

The Lair section has full boxarts, all the instruction manuals and design documents scanned, I spent 2 hours one day just looking through everything there and not playing anything.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:41 PM   #555
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'm actually surprised that they skipped online for some of these games, especially Turtles in Time SNES. Did they say anything on any patches because I've had trouble with the online so far.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:13 PM   #556
Leo656
The Franchise

So far I've finished all of the games except Radical Rescue for Game Boy, Hyperstone Heist since I just played that a few weeks back, and the Genesis Tournament Fighters.

So even though I cheated like a mu'fukka with the Rewind feature, I can finally say I've played through the NES game in its entirety, and Wow, yeah, that game is a nuisance. VERY poorly-designed and not very well thought out. For one thing, Mikey and Raph are useless except for the underwater level and if you just need to charge through a densely-populated level where you just can't avoid taking a hit. But otherwise, it makes no sense at all to use anyone but Donnie, as the enemies all take way too may hits to kill and he's the only one you can use against any of the Bosses, anyway. Very boring; I try and play as Leo predominantly in every TMNT game and since his attack is only half as strong as Donnie's it's just utterly pointless to even use him at all after the very first level. I did use Leo to beat Shredder - probably the easiest Boss fight I've ever played, if you have Scrolls it's over in 5 seconds - but I was very disappointed that I was "forced" to use Donnie for the entire game otherwise.

The graphics and music on the NES game are really cool and very iconic, but it's just not a very well-designed game. Using Rewind to avoid cheap deaths really exposes how short it really is, most of the game is just "trap rooms" or dead ends. And going on a loop through certain rooms to accumulate Scrolls and Ropes is very boring, even though the room those things are found in is pretty easy to get through.

I don't know, since I can play it "stress free" now I might mess with it again from time to time but upon seeing it through to completion, my general opinion of the NES game hasn't changed and in fact may have slipped a bit further into negative. It "wants" to be a good game, but it is not. I also found the controls a bit more unresponsive than they are on NES, but I allow that could be from my Xbox One controller, except for the fact that the other games in the set all respond very well. But like moving around on the overhead map or getting to duck when I wanted to was a bit unresponsive using the analog stick for some reason, it worked better with the D-pad.

After that I messed with Radical Rescue a bit before bed; wow that in-game map is a nightmare. I might be in the minority but I don't find the one they included in the Strategy Guide to be incredibly more helpful, but I'unno, I only messed with the game for a few minutes and stopped right after I rescued Leo because it was almost 5am.

Very glad I got this set and it's definitely the most stress-free way to play through these games, for sure.

Old 09-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #557
CyberCubed
Overlord

For the Gameboy game you basically have to follow the map to find a keycard, then the locked room a Turtle is in, and then boss. The strategy guide map shows you exactly where the keycards/rooms/bosses are, whereas the in-game map is a bit more confusing. Definitely use the new one if you're confused where to go.

In the Tournament Fighters games I played as every character in single player. I really loved using the moves as Armaggon and War and actually knowing how to perform them.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:43 PM   #558
Leo656
The Franchise

Unless you can zoom in - so far I haven't figured out how to, if possible - the new map isn't incredibly more helpful to me either. But it's not a big deal, it's not an overwhelmingly large map or anything and it's easy enough to find the way around, I just plain don't much care for "Metroidvania" games in general. I do like that they aimed a bit higher than the previous two Game Boy games, though, which were fine for what they were but incredibly simplistic. As I said, I haven't played enough of it to have a real opinion yet.

Old 09-27-2022, 04:48 PM   #559
CyberCubed
Overlord

You can't zoom in freely on those guides for some reason, but you can move through each part of it and focus on one area and it zooms in itself on each "part." I was on PS5 so you just move the control stick or whatever the button prompt is.

The cool thing about the third game is each Turtle has a unique ability. Mike has the helicopter twirl with the nunchucks to let you jump over gaps or spikes. Leo lets you drill into the ground, Don lets you climb walls, and Raph turns into his shell and you can go under small gaps that look like you have to crawl into.

Also nice to have some unique bosses like Scratch and Scale Tail who aren't in any of the other games. Konami really mined the Playmates toy catalog for this one, I like how they tried to include as many unique bosses over their games as possible.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #560
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Maybe publicity stunts like this is why it took the Turtles so long to show up on a Sega console:
Spoiler:

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-27-2022 at 07:22 PM.