The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2023, 01:50 PM   #41
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
we already got "fresh takes" on the turtles they were Bayturtles and Rise and both of those nearly doomed the TMNT franchise as a whole
these are 10x better than Rise....
Old 02-22-2023, 01:58 PM   #42
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
I dont get it. What am I missing?

I also cant seem to find anything on the googles either.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 02:18 PM   #43
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Today's headline: Cartoon characters look like... CARTOON CHARACTERS!!!

Get over it.
say it louder for those in the back...
Old 02-22-2023, 02:48 PM   #44
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Probably, or maybe even more. I mentioned $10 but yeah, nothing is $10 anymore, not even MOTU Origins that has tons of reuse. I'm assuming these will get a pretty wide release though so I'm optimistic for sales. I'll still likely grab the turtles for $13-$15 though if I find them in the toy aisle.
Looks like Wal-Mart will be selling a four-figure pack for just under $30:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...dIB_87czmAFeM8

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:41 PM   #45
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Looks like Wal-Mart will be selling a four-figure pack for just under $30:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...dIB_87czmAFeM8
Hmm...I hope it is the four bros from the leaked pics going around. I think that's the extent of it for me. I'm not too impressed with Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead and SuperFly. Plus, I have to save up like $1000 for Haulathon, Portal and Sewer Dios....(even more painful that I just ordered Wave 8 of ThunderCats and impulse bought 89' Batman/Batmobile from Hot Toys).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:44 PM   #46
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Maybe it's time for some fresh takes?
Nah, mate, I am good.
OG line had more than enough variety.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:30 PM   #47
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Honestly, I'd laugh my ass off if we got a show as bad as Velma. Not saying I'd want for that to happen, but if it did, that'd be ****ing hilarious.

Last edited by Monty Mole; 02-22-2023 at 08:55 PM.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:30 PM   #48
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Bebop now looks like your typical Gender Studies student thanks to that new haircut. What happened to the mohawk?
It looks like they jammed together the designs from the Fred Wolf era with the designs from the Rise era. And it does not work.

Looks like "Gumby Turtles" or something out of a modern flash animation with "Ren n Stimpy" style characters. Not touchin' those at all.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:07 AM   #49
Roseangelo
Emperor

Paramount dropped copyright violations on people on Twitter. And I suspect elsewhere. Good luck if you got hit. My Facebook is still f-ed up.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:08 AM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Why would anyone even want to share pics of these things? None of this should be given any oxygen whatsoever.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:02 PM   #51
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why would anyone even want to share pics of these things? None of this should be given any oxygen whatsoever.
It's almost like... people like them? Imagine that, everyone having different tastes.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:06 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Imagine that, everyone having different tastes.
This is the absence of that, not the presence of it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:24 PM   #53
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I was thinking I'd hate these because those CGI images that were leaking around made them look stupid and I assumed the figured would too.

But on seeing them, they look fun and toyetic and Mike's head looks more proportionate to the rest of them. And, they'll be cheap, I assume. Like somewhere between 9.99 and 12.99?

So...given I have the basic first wave(s) of all other TMNT incarnations done by Playmates...I'm in on these most likely.

I mean I like them more than any of the Rise designs...even if the movie sucks, these just look like fun toys and a fun but faithful spin on the characters.

Also nice to see that at least two of them got two-toned weapons (brown handles, "silver" blades).
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:59 AM   #54
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I kinda dig 3 of the Turtles as figures, but not a fan of Mike's oversized head.

I'll probably get the 4 brothers (can't have 3 and not the 4th...) and maybe Splinter. All the other will be an easy pass unless I stumble across them in the wild and they catch my attention.

I appreciate that these figures come pretty loaded - each Turtle comes with painted weapons (Mikey's chucks even have a chain!), the OT style weapons on a sprue rack AND a baby Turtle. It's nice to get extra content with your figures.

I also like the fact these look like fairly solid toys....

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:58 AM   #55
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
These don't look too bad outside of me wishing Raphael had a normal friggin' bandanna.lol
My thoughts exactly.
I'm not wild about Don wearing glasses either but I guess I can accept that's "a thing" these days too.
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:52 AM   #56
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
My thoughts exactly.
I'm not wild about Don wearing glasses either but I guess I can accept that's "a thing" these days too.
I feel that HAS to be a Nickelodeon/Viacom push. I wouldn't doubt that they were able to let Seth Rogen's team sort of dictate the story, but as far as the designs go ... I'm sure that Raphael with the skull cap and Donatello with the glasses were mandates.

I mean, how else are we supposed to know that Raphael can be a little bit of a hot head and Donatello is analytical ... character development?!
Old 03-05-2023, 11:06 AM   #57
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
say it louder for those in the back...
respect to your opinion if you like the designs, but i think it's disingenuous to delegitimize the criticisms of these designs. some aren't designers and can't articulate clearly what they don't like about them, but i will:

the designs are significantly more simplified than the 80s tmnt originals, or even the thundercats originals, for example. they use a "dumbed down" shorthand for anatomy and expression that is more palatable for small children, rather than attempting to find something closer to anatomical accuracy.

further, the designs are less opinionated. they're generic, and basically devoid of any unique personality. it's the "i learned how to draw on deviant art" dollar a dozen style.

so, not only is it overly simplified, but it's also overly generic.

on top of all that, there used to be a sense of masculinity, strength, and heroism to the characters. they were muscular and some even imposing. now they're all skinny, much younger in appearance, silly by nature, and in a word, harmless. this goes hand in hand with the childish rendering style.

if you like it still, that's totally okay, and power to you. but i don't think it's really right to try to delegitimize the criticism here.

edit: and i think these are a step in the right direction compared to rise, but i think they do still suffer from some of the above. the toys came out better than expected, and it's cool to see so many characters will be in the movie, despite that.

Last edited by italianice388; 03-05-2023 at 11:13 AM.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 11:09 AM   #58
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Where did I say anything about what I want? Where did I express ANGER (per the other comment)? I just think they're ugly. I just want there to be a good, successful TMNT movie. I don't care if it doesn't appeal to me.

Why the F- am I not allowed to have my opinion but everyone else can? This is what I'm angry about moreso than anything else.
agreed. such a weird take.

"don't express how you feel about a thing in a forum SOLELY purposed for people to express how they feel about a thing!"
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:00 PM   #59
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Someone posted earlier about the “WOW” tattoo on Bebop and you watch it will end being something stupid like Bebop says it’s MOM because that how he reads it when he looks down. I don’t know I’m not digging this stuff but I guess it was never meant for me?
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:25 PM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol I'd said the same thing in some other tread, and wondered if it would be a running gag in the movie, it constantly being pointed out to him while he insists other characters are wrong.

Wonder when these will end up in stores. I can prob pass on the rest, but I do kinda want that Leo.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote