The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #21
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yes? What's wrong with Demon Shredder? The Turtles turning into dragons at the end was cool and surreal for TMNT, and I like the fact that the fights with him weren't a carbon copy of Ch'rell.

I had no problem at all with Season 5 being magical/mythical with transformations.
I agree with this, loved Season 5. The only thing that bothered me about that season was no Leatherhead. When the turtles joined forces with their allies and enemies to fight the Demon Shredder, he should have been there.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The 4Kids TMNT cartoon is the best TMNT cartoon and is the equivalent to Batman:TAS to the franchise.

What the OP is saying is exactly this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
I think the TC is stating that 4kids has the habit of picking up classic franchises and create version of them that are not exactly on the same standards of the original.
So yeah the response to that is even though it was 4Kids, the show was not only great it is better than the original show and the Nick show. 4Kids needed a cartoon for their Saturday morning block so they didn't care, Playmates was happy with them doing whatever since sales of their toys were good and they allowed Peter Laird to have control which for the most part was good. Cybercubed said it best:

Quote:
What's funny is that despite 4kids heavily censoring anime in terms of death, violence and Japanese references....they actually allowed TMNT to be one of the most violent shows on Saturday Mornings as far as it could go.

There are a few character deaths in the show, the fight scenes can be brutal at times, and there is tons of Japanese influence and characters like The Battle Nexus, Ninja Tribunal, and Splinter, etc.

Obviously there's no blood and Leo/Raph didn't slash any humans with their blades, but those are the constraints of Saturday mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
They didn't let Insane in the Membrane air for being too dark or Nightmares Recycled.
I remember this very well, 4Kids had approved everything as had the CW or Fox or whatever channel it was airing on and they made the episode but by the time the episode was ready to air there had been some changes in the people in charge and they didn't let the episode air for being too violent. The episode leaked around this same time so everyone got to see it. About a year later there were some more changes in the people in charge and then it was deemed ok to air and they eventually aired it on the channel as well I believe as part of the Ninja Tribunal season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky
that is, until they finished the 4th season, the last 3 seasons suck badly, especially the 5th and 7th ones.
Seasons 5,6,7 are different and very polarizing and they have their pros and cons, each of those seasons has their fans and hates the other(s) so you see a lot of hate for all three seasons and some fans just say "they suck" which is unfair. Personally the problem with S5 is that it was skipped over and S4 had been an amazing season it also left on a cliffhanger so there was a huge amount of hype surrounding it and when we eventually got to see it it just didn't live up. It takes a very different direction and incorporates a lot of Japanese magic/folklore that didn't sit with everyone. I was disappointed and didn't like the HENSHIN attributes at the end but its far from terrible. Season 6 got a lot of hate because the much awaited and anticipated S5 was skipped for this which was totally different, it ignored the previous cliffhanger and characters and put the turtles in the future, the first episodes were fairly poor as well which didn't help but the writing was actually pretty good and had some great episodes. Personally I didn't like it much, I enjoyed the lighter nature of the season after such a emotion heavy S4 but there were too many skipable episodes and there were so many chances of incorporating past characters/plots in the story that would've been very interesting to see in the future that we didn't. S7 went back to the past but it changed to a cheaper animation style and had re-designs that were closer to the 2007 CG film, the writing wasn't as good as in the S1-4 days but it was better than S6. people hated the plot of finding Splinter on Cyberspace but I liked it and I think what most people hated is that it didn't continue the storyline from the present as well as it should've but it still gave closure and I really enjoyed S7.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

For the record "Insane in the Membrane" is on the Season 4 DVD that 4kids released years ago and is on youtube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #24
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
did they ever actually make nightmare recycle or did they just not air it????
It was never made.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #25
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Yeah, the animation wasn't even finished when it was decided not to be a future episode.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #26
LadyTMNT
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Did you actually watch the show? Plus I can't even understand what you're trying to say.
Dude, dont respond then if you dont understand & POWDER - Seriously, lose the attitude... dont have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah so its not really a "skipped" episode. There are probably lots of scripts for episodes that were rejected by Laird or the network so they abandoned them.

I just wish that episode was a Rat King episode instead so it would have gone into production.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #28
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yes? What's wrong with Demon Shredder? The Turtles turning into dragons at the end was cool and surreal for TMNT, and I like the fact that the fights with him weren't a carbon copy of Ch'rell.

I had no problem at all with Season 5 being magical/mythical with transformations.
And yet you draw the line at nostrils, funny how the world works...
Old 10-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTMNT View Post
Dude, dont respond then if you dont understand & POWDER - Seriously, lose the attitude... dont have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.
Sure, single me out when I said no different than virtually everyone in this thread. Love how people hold grudges over being corrected.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #30
LadyTMNT
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Sure, single me out when I said no different than virtually everyone in this thread. Love how people hold grudges over being corrected.
It's the way you put it & wrote it on here... in no way is it singling you out... trust me
Old 10-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #31
THGhost
Puppet Master

This thread needs to be closed, fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Not really for Turtles Forever; Leonardo acted out of character, and the turtles ran when THEY NEVER EVER RUN. They were portrayed as incompetent, immature kids. *sigh* I really hate how Nick released the movie on DVD with scenes edited out...
They run all the time though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTMNT View Post
POWDER - Seriously, lose the attitude... dont have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.
You must be new here.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #32
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Part of the reasoning for 4Kids' anime butchering had to do with the network their shows aired on. A good portion of their more well-known dubs aired on WB, and their standards were no doubt different from Fox's.

Another factor is that this show had an entirely different creative team. It wasn't just a dub -- 2k3 was western animation and was different from anything else 4Kids produced. It got to play by different rules.

Oh, and I believe it's been confirmed that yet another reason why this show got away with what it did, especially in the later seasons, was due to viewership drops. Less people were watching, so more content could slip by without complaint.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #33
pharaohyami5000
Thug

Darn. So the more people watch, the less risky it wishes to be.

Probably why since Fast Forward, it became... kiddy, for lack of a better term? Though it didn't really dampen the original spirit too much, that 2k3 was from the beginning.
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #34
masterninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What the hell are you talking about? & you need to resize or change your sig, it's way too big.
Powder please don't be mean to fellow TMNT fans, her question was in 03 TMNT series did they put older characters in the 03 series.
@LadyTMNT Yea they did they put a few teasers of older characters like Bebop was a bus driver in Fast Forward, and Gennosuke dressed like Rock Steady. Here's some pictures.

masterninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #35
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
Darn. So the more people watch, the less risky it wishes to be.

Probably why since Fast Forward, it became... kiddy, for lack of a better term? Though it didn't really dampen the original spirit too much, that 2k3 was from the beginning.
No, that was the result of executive meddling. I believe Fast Forward's creation was part of the marketing side of things, since the other seasons weren't "selling enough toys" due to dropped viewership.

I believe.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #36
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterninja View Post
Powder please don't be mean to fellow TMNT fans
You must be new here too.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #37
masterninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
You must be new here too.
Yup I am
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #38
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterninja View Post
Powder please don't be mean to fellow TMNT fans, her question was in 03 TMNT series did they put older characters in the 03 series.
@LadyTMNT Yea they did they put a few teasers of older characters like Bebop was a bus driver in Fast Forward, and Gennosuke dressed like Rock Steady. Here's some pictures.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../178px-Gen.jpg
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...12bhjkbhjk.jpg
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...erie_Cameo.jpg
lol didn't even notice the bus driver gag, but I loved the Rocksteady impersonation

By the way did you know Powder is a forum Cop???? seriously he use to have it as his title thought it was funny.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #39
masterninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
lol didn't even notice the bus driver gag, but I loved the Rocksteady impersonation

By the way did you know Powder is a forum Cop???? seriously he use to have it as his title thought it was funny.
Forum Cop ??? what that. I just think you should be kind to others not mean. and yea I noticed the impersonation when I was watching that episode a few weeks ago.

Tags
4kids