The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #21
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior

I don't hate the 2003 incarnation. He is just my least favorite Mikey. My favorite still is the 1987 Mikey. I love his voice =D

Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #22
Trivia
Random Punk

I didn't even know most/many people dislike 2k3 Mikey.
However, he seems to be a character made to be slightly very much annoying.
I believe the whole 2k3 series focused on creating distinct personalities.
Still an invalid argument for Mikeys pure goofiness, but they needed someone to piss off Raph, right?

But I can clearly see the reason people would dislike Mikey.
I'm just not one of those who do. I really like him in 2k3.
Trivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
snake
Disgusting

Mostly because he was annoying and unfunny for the first two seasons then he got even worse when he won the Battle Nexus.The OT and 2012 incarnations are much better.

(This is coming from a Mikey fan, BTW.)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
Mikey at Heart
Mouser

I was kinda surprised and sad to find out that so many people disliked him. 2003 Mikey was my first favorite turtle, and I've always loved him(my profile probably shows that, huh? ).

I can understand why he might get on some people's nerves though. He's very loud, and he loves attention so he does all sorts of crazy things in order to get people to notice him (I figure this makes sense though, since he's considered the youngest turtle and usually the youngest kid in a family tends to crave more attention than the others).

I was never annoyed by how he would always talk about being the Battle Nexus Champion. I guess I never took it in a "hey, I'm better than you guys" kind of way. I always figured it was more of a "hey guys, look at me! I can do important stuff too! Please pay attention to me!" kind of thing.

I guess I never saw it as bad because all of my best guy friends act the same way. But they're all really nice and don't think they're better than others, so I guess I kind of assumed Mikey was the same way. ^_^'

I don't know. Everyone has their own opinion, and there'll always be those who like a character and those who don't. Personally though, I'm one of those people who like 2k3 Mikey. :3
Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #25
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior

Never hated the 2k3 Mikey. Loved his voice and personality more than the Nickelodeon version of Mikey.
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #26
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I didn't mind him, I actually like him a lot in seasons 1-3but after that, I do admit he got kind of annoying but never hated. However, I have noticed as new series keep coming writers tend to make him look more stupid and while he was the comical one next to Raph in the 80s version, I didn't feel he was like the 2003 or 2012 versions of level. I hope 2012 Mikey can be fixed over time.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:41 AM   #27
dudeabides
Foot Soldier

Maybe he wouldn't have had to hand out so many friendly reminders if anybody else ever acknoweleged that he was... Battle Nexus Champion!
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #28
Electric
Epic Hiatus

i was fine with 2k3 mikey, no issues what so ever. and i didnt mind 2k3 raph either (as people seem to dislike him) and i also didnt find 2k3 leo as boring as people say? are there any issues with donnie from 2k3 cause i didnt mind him either? Mikey is meant to be the obnoxious, attempts to be funny, turtle. and yes, he won battle nexus, and with his personality i would expect nothing less than for him to brag about his possibly greatest accomplishment that he won over his brothers.

Voices for the characters did bother me, mikey too deep, raph too 30-year-old, leo and donnie too similar.

I didnt know this many people had issues with the 2k3 turtles, i really hope no one starts hating on the 2k12 ones, cause i think theyre pretty near incredible
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
Shark_Blade
Emperor

You gotta love Mikey.

Bless he/she who made this video.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

^ Gotta love Mikey's girly scream.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

My favorite thing about 2k3 Mikey, his girl scream!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #32
Gwydion
Hench Mutant

Gotta admit, I'm one of those that really dislikes him. The writers on that show just were not that good at writing humor, and Mikey is the goofball so he had the most shoehorned in jokes. Combine that with the fact that I didn't care for his voice actor and it makes for a pretty annoying combination (and I only saw 1 or 2 episodes after the BNC arc). He's actually a big reason why I could never finish the series.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #33
Gokhan
Hench Mutant

2k3 mikey was cool. And def a great fighter. Just watch the scenes of him fighting the elite guard. He def was a little 2 jokey sometime but nothing compared to how dumbed down this 2012 mike is.

"Never consider someone your priority, when they only consider you an option."
Gokhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #34
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

The problem with him is, as 4Kids Raphael aptly put it, the same as many people have with the Fred Wolf Turtles in Turtles Forever. It's one thing to be a fun-loving character with a good sense of humor, but when you're still carefree after loads of evidence that a lot of the world is out to get you, then it crosses over to just being stupid. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is that episode where he neglects ninja training to play video games all day, but I have a feeling there were others. When things are dangerous, and a dude is cocky and seemingly uncaring, you never want to root for him.

I don't hate the guy, though. He's pretty good in the Turtle Titan episodes and "The Christmas Aliens." Ideally, being the turtle interested in human culture has its good sides, but they just don't usually acknowledge the good sides; preferring either to make him the butt-monkey, or make other guys his butt-monkey.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #35
Hero
British Bloke

Isn't 'hate' a little bit too strong?

You can dislike a way a fictional character is written and portrayed, but hate seems a little to much and personal.

I think the idea of Mikey was that he was a bit annoying and had his challenges. The 2K3 show did show him from Raphael's perspective a fair bit. The 2K3 Mikey character didn't bother me too much and he had some great moments. Winning the Battle Nexus was one of them .
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #36
Raphaeline
Foot Soldier

I liked Mikey from 2003, I love his voice, and for once he looks a bit bulky (and not the weakest/smallest physicaly).

And Raph from 2003 is my favorite, I just love his voice or the things he says. He can be badass and cute at the same time.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #37
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

I thought Mikey was fine in 2k3. Considering how serious in tone the 2k3 series was compared to other shows in Turtles media it was nice to have Mike to add some much needed levity to the show.

That being said, I do agree that Mikey's humor got old on occasion. & His jokes were, at times cringe worthy, & Unfunny. But all in all behind The Movie Mike. I'd say the 2k3 is one of my favorite incarnations of him.
Gin Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #38
dudeabides
Foot Soldier

2k3 Mikey plus Mirage Mikey plus Nick Mikey plus OT Mikey would make a great team. Who needs those other guys?
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #39
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
2k3 Mikey plus Mirage Mikey plus Nick Mikey plus OT Mikey would make a great team. Who needs those other guys?
What that would make, is the TMNT3 turtles.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #40
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Whatevs. I love this version of Mikey.

Tags
4kids, michelangelo