The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: In hindsight, which would you have preferred?
A second Fast Forward season 20 71.43%
The Back To The Sewer season 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
ABrown
Banned

In Hindsight, Would You Have Preferred A Second FF Season To The BTTS Season?

I'm a huge fan of the 4Kids TMNT series. I absolutely loved the first five seasons of the show. I wasn't as impressed with the Fast Forward season as I was the first five seasons, though I did enjoy the episodes. I had hoped that when the Turtles returned to the present time, the series would return to its original style. But it didn't, it was somewhat of a mix between the original style and the Fast Forward Style. The end result was a boring season that didn't really bring anything new to the table.

Looking back, I think the final season would've been more enjoyable if it were a second Fast Forward season. What I really would've liked to see is Darius Dunn's story get a proper conclusion. The series finale would've been the Turtles returning to the present time and reuniting with Casey and April. Nothing about Turtles Forever would've had to change. What do you think? Would you have preferred a second Fast Forward season, or the Back To The Sewer Season?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was important to end the series with one last season in the present day. If it ended in the future it would make no sense. I would have liked to see FF Season 2 completed before BTTS though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Galactus
Foot Elite

The last episode of FF could have been them returning home.

Or perhaps the last few episodes be set in the present but with a few of the villains following them back. Sh'Okanabo deciding it would be easier to conquer Earth in 2008.

Of course I know everyone wanted to return to an approximate tone of the regular 2K3 seasons and thought it weird they had a movie set in present day NY when they show is set in the future not to the desire mention sell leftover movie toys (they really should have thought of that before coming up with FF in the first place) but in hindsight it might have been better to stay the course with a second FF season. I guess we'll never know.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

We needed a 2nd FF season; too many unresolved issues in the first FF. We never knew what happened to the Dark Turtles and Dunn after all this ended, and I would have like to see Torbin Zixx get his for the times he tricked the turtles into helping him with his illegal affairs.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The last episode of FF could have been them returning home.

Or perhaps the last few episodes be set in the present but with a few of the villains following them back. Sh'Okanabo deciding it would be easier to conquer Earth in 2008.

Of course I know everyone wanted to return to an approximate tone of the regular 2K3 seasons and thought it weird they had a movie set in present day NY when they show is set in the future not to the desire mention sell leftover movie toys (they really should have thought of that before coming up with FF in the first place) but in hindsight it might have been better to stay the course with a second FF season. I guess we'll never know.
That would have probably been best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
We needed a 2nd FF season; too many unresolved issues in the first FF. We never knew what happened to the Dark Turtles and Dunn after all this ended, and I would have like to see Torbin Zixx get his for the times he tricked the turtles into helping him with his illegal affairs.
Exactly why we needed a second season of Fast Forward.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor

God no, let FF be a distant long forgotten memory.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

>> had plenty memorable (read: Good) episodes and season 2 seems like it would have been even better.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I would have preferred them never going to the future, have more Savanti eps, Rat King eps maybe some Complete Carnage and more Bishop but whatever. As it stands the last three seasons had some good episodes, but were collectively the weakest seasons.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I would have preferred them never going to the future, have more Savanti eps, Rat King eps
Hell Yeah!!!!! Loved the Rat King in this series, one of my favorite episodes of this series is in series 4 and the final episode of the rat king
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #10
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ It would have been interesting to see him interact with Splinter.
I think its the only incarnation where the Rat King is present that he doesn't interact with Splinter. Luckily the Nick Show knows how awesome the Rat King is and isn't afraid to use him more than once.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

There really should have been a second fast forward season before BttS, there was so many loose ends that should have been tied up.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:04 AM   #12
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

I personally wish ff would have never happened, or btts for that matter but btts was a bit better then the retched unmemorable ff season. Just my opinion
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

You should have added a 'I'd be fine with either' option to the poll

FF and BTTS are both fine. They aren't the best they could have came up with, but they aren't horrible.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #14
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Each had their problems, but I was thankful for a return to basics (for the most part) for the final season. If the show would have ended at the point it did regardless, I'm glad the Turtles were in their own time with their core supporting cast. Ending on the April/Casey wedding, followed by Turtles Forever, was a good and fitting send-off. If the show ended with Fast Forward, that wouldn't have felt "right".
Old 03-28-2014, 07:39 AM   #15
Chris
Mad Scientist

I enjoyed BTTS but would have preferred a second season of FF. Sure, I'd miss stuff like the progression of April and Casey's relationship but I think they were starting it hit their stride by the end of the first season of FF and I enjoyed its ongoing arcs more than the Cyber Shredder/search for Splinter arc of BTTS, I think a second season could have been better and they had more to explore in the future than they did in the present (which they wrapped up pretty well in season 5).

We know that they were planning to return the guys home at the end of FF season 2 so there's no worry about them ending the show with the guys still in the future and I think Turtles Forever would have happened or the 25th whether we'd had FF2 or BTTS.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #16
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

A second Fast Forward season to tie up some of the stories. BTTS was awesome tho.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

I would have liked both

There should be both as an option
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I think season 7 would've been better had they done like a 5-episode storyarc where they end up traveling through time and revisit different parts of their lives until finally returning home. It would've also been cool if we had gotten to see an episode where they go back to the Battle Nexus or locate Kirby.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #19
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I like the episode scripts that went further into the Fastforward angle but honestly the only thing I would have liked would be for Cody's uncle to be confirmed behind bars before the TMNT and Splinter left. It was a loose end to the season. Back To The Sewers is what I perfer to have expanded because of that near future that showed us The Shredder War. I was disappointed this was never followed up on.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #20
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was important to end the series with one last season in the present day. If it ended in the future it would make no sense. I would have liked to see FF Season 2 completed before BTTS though.
Agreed. It would've been nice to see loose ends of Fast Forward wrapped up. However, if I had to pick Back to the Sewers or a second Fast Forward season, I would pick Back to the Sewers. It would've stunk if the turtles ended up staying in the future.

EDIT: I should also say I really didn't enjoy Fast Forward when it aired, and I preferred Back to the Sewers.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids