The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #441
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I personally never cared for Bradford, but I really like Xever. Too bad his role's been reduced so much.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #442
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I have to wonder how Bebop & Rocksteady will come to be now that Baxter's lab was destroyed in that fire.
I really thought it would happen via Shredder but perhaps it will be a freak accident now.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #443
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I personally never cared for Bradford, but I really like Xever. Too bad his role's been reduced so much.
I agree. It's a big contrast between now and what it was at the beginning, and with each new mutant edition, the role gets tinier. That's why I expect him and Bradford to get booted out once Bebop and Rocksteady arrive. The only saving grace to this would be if they get mad at Shredder for replacing them/adding these new guys, and that they grow a pair and turn on him. I doubt that will happen though, but one can hope.

I'll also mention, that these guys aren't acting like they used to. Along with their smaller role, they have been getting nerfed and less like their original selves. Remember Xever being that vicious street thug? Now he's almost comedy relief and he gets fooled easily by Mikey's tricks. Even my fav bad guy Bradford has changed for the worse, they used to not play up the doggyisms as much in the beginning and he still felt more human (even as Rahzar) but now he acts goofy and I can barely take him seriously anymore. That is my other major complaint along with their reduced role, and I think this behavior they have is a foreboding of them being eliminated or forced out. They'll fail so much that Shredder gets sick of it, and finally he makes a move to be done with them.

I'm predicting that Bebop and Rocksteady will be a little more competent then these two, even though R and B were stated on the leaked info to be morons. I'm betting that Shredder will force them to work for him in promise of a cure, and even though they might reduce B and X's role even further, I can't help but also wonder how this will turn out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I have to wonder how Bebop & Rocksteady will come to be now that Baxter's lab was destroyed in that fire.
I really thought it would happen via Shredder but perhaps it will be a freak accident now.
Baxter said that he could make more mutagen. He might even have extra vials of the stuff just in case.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #444
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Bradford/Dogpound wasn't great to me, but Rahzar is more interesting. I miss Xever though. I think he had a lot of potential, and we're just not seeing much of him anymore.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #445
CyberCubed
Overlord

I honestly wonder if Bradford/Xever will be de-mutated and Bebop/Rocksteady will take their place.

Unlike Tiger Claw, both Rahzar/Fishface are rather easy for the Turtles to take down now, and both of them have expressed the desire to be human again. I wouldn't be surprised if they both return to the Purple Dragons as humans.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:17 AM   #446
Coola Yagami
Overlord

yeah..... Chris and Xever have become pushovers... while Tiger Claw is the new 'oh crap, it's HIM' kinda character. Every time he comes in, you KNOW the gang is in trouble. Chris and Xever? Eh, just smack em aside. Geez, I remember when the turtles were scared shitless of Dogpound. Not anymore.....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #447
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Geez, I remember when the turtles were scared shitless of Dogpound. Not anymore.....
Which is crazy because he's like a billion times creepier now!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #448
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
yeah..... Chris and Xever have become pushovers... while Tiger Claw is the new 'oh crap, it's HIM' kinda character. Every time he comes in, you KNOW the gang is in trouble. Chris and Xever? Eh, just smack em aside. Geez, I remember when the turtles were scared shitless of Dogpound. Not anymore.....
I think that Xever will eventually be demutated, he doesn't seem as 'evil' as Bradford. If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Xever give one of the Turtles his weapon back when he and Bradford were fighting, just to make the fight more fair? And that he was a little more willing to work with the Turtles then Dogpound was when they were trapped in Baxter's maze? He seems like he'll be one of the bad guys that might get redeemed.

I have a strong feeling that Bradford though won't get a happy ending. For some reason double-mutation sounds like it's a lot more permanent and impossible to undo. Plus Ciro or someone said that some of the bad guys will meet a bad fate, and I strongly think that Bradford will be one of them. His story is probably going to end in death.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #449
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, that was Fong who gave Leo back his sword in repayment for the act of mercy Leo showed him at the beginning of "Never Say Xever." But Xever did seem different when talking with Raph, and I have a feeling he'll be pushed to the side though I'd love to see him go back to being human again. That would be neat.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #450
snake
Disgusting

I wish Xever was developed more. As a human he was always fun to watch when fighting. Did he ever get a last name?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #451
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, not that I know of. But I loved seeing some of his backstory in "Baxter's Gambit."

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #452
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, that was Fong who gave Leo back his sword in repayment for the act of mercy Leo showed him at the beginning of "Never Say Xever." But Xever did seem different when talking with Raph, and I have a feeling he'll be pushed to the side though I'd love to see him go back to being human again. That would be neat.
I was hoping that Shredder would push him over the edge at some point.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #453
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

It's too bad that the purpose of mutating Bradford again was only to make him more agile which sucks because it seems as if his bigger size actually gave him an advantage against the turtles. He never once hesitated taking on all of the turtles on their on in "Mikey gets Shellacne" and he even used his size to his advantage when he punched Mikey straight to the ceiling.

I remember when Human Bradford can fight 2 Turtles at a time. Not anymore ..... Not anymore ......
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:16 AM   #454
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Back to topic, here's a new shot of B&R action figures in physical form:

Looks like Bebop has gained some pounds compared to the concept art
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #455
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I think that Xever will eventually be demutated, he doesn't seem as 'evil' as Bradford. If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Xever give one of the Turtles his weapon back when he and Bradford were fighting, just to make the fight more fair? And that he was a little more willing to work with the Turtles then Dogpound was when they were trapped in Baxter's maze? He seems like he'll be one of the bad guys that might get redeemed.

I have a strong feeling that Bradford though won't get a happy ending. For some reason double-mutation sounds like it's a lot more permanent and impossible to undo. Plus Ciro or someone said that some of the bad guys will meet a bad fate, and I strongly think that Bradford will be one of them. His story is probably going to end in death.
You know what though, the thing with Bradford, isn't he supposed to be famous in this show? I'm really surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend or family that hasn't reported him missing yet.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #456
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You know what though, the thing with Bradford, isn't he supposed to be famous in this show? I'm really surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend or family that hasn't reported him missing yet.
He's supposed to be, but I'm betting that plotline got dropped.

He's either estranged from his family, or lives too far away. He likely still calls once in a while, although it's highly probable he doesn't get along with most of his family. I can't see him having a girlfriend, the guy seems too wrapped up in himself and his attitude (while he was human) likely drove off most potential dates. But that's probably why they haven't filed anything, he still keeps in contact somehow.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #457
jenna
Mad Scientist

Somehow this news got by me.... Ugh! Really? Bebop and Rocksteady? I'm obviously in the minority here but I don't think Bebop and Rocksteady have any place outside the OT, because they perfectly embodied the essence of the OT. They were highly entertaining in it, but I think Nick is very much its own thing: with strands from multiple TMNT universes plus new ideas. It's now becoming too OT-biased. I liked Bebop and Rocksteady, don't get me wrong, but I don't want them in Nick and I don't want then in films. Leave the OT to be its own thing and do something fresh, Nick.

Next thing, pizza will be mutating into killer pizzas and attacking April and..... Wait.....
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #458
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really find it odd people are saying Bebop and Rocksteady shouldn't be used outside the OT when they were already in Archie and IDW.

If Leatherhead, Rat King, Karai, Baxter, etc can appear in every incarnation so can the others.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #459
jenna
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really find it odd people are saying Bebop and Rocksteady shouldn't be used outside the OT when they were already in Archie and IDW.
True, but Archie capitalised a lot on the OT and I didn't think they should have appeared in IDW either, but hey-ho, that's just my thoughts on the matter and I am aware that it's an unpopular view.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #460
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

If Leatherhead, Rat King, Karai, Baxter, etc can appear in every incarnation so can the others.
I agree with your first point.

But not so much with your second. Bebop and rocksteady are good for a few incarnations, but not everyone. they are just the henchman after all, where as Karai, Baxter etc have stronger roles. Bebop and rocksteady would get really old really fast if they were in everything

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady