The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #201
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
Oh don't make an argument from nothing dude.

One... the new series isn't even out. All we have in screenshots of a few scenes and art.

It wouldn't be right to force that into the Doc just to do it.

What I want is more about the 1992-20001ish era of TMNT.
I did say "maybe not for this" besides, there's enough of it already to fill a small segment on the future of the series, even the 2016 Movie had a segment on the Ultimate Visual History and that was written even before we had a glimpse of the designs, there's virtually no excuse to leave this one out, and especially not just because "It is so wacky looking..."

Last edited by DevilSpooky; 02-27-2018 at 12:58 AM.
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #202
AquaParade
Banned

I can see why they would include current tmnt cartoon coverage, but personally hope they don't. I think there's a whole story to be told about Mirage Studios alone. The Comics Journal interview Kevin did years ago was fascinating stuff.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:23 AM   #203
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The animated series will be out before this is. There's no reason not to include it, especially not because you don't like its designs. It's a part of TMNT history as any other iteration.
True, but I only want to see if it is a lengthier doc, a bonus feature, or in a third volume. There's so much history that wasn't covered in the first volume and throwing too much in will make it feel too crammed for a 90 minute documentary.

There's also another reason why I am not interested in seeing current stuff covered. It always seems promo-esque, which tends to feel phony to me. I prefer "Warts n' all" coverage.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 02-27-2018 at 03:19 PM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #204
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The animated series will be out before this is. There's no reason not to include it, especially not because you don't like its designs. It's a part of TMNT history as any other iteration.
I agree here. Make the doc as up to date as possible.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #205
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Hello everyone, sorry for the radio silence yet again. This has been a big year for me personally, first kid, building a house in canadian winter, etc... no excuse I know! Hahaha. Anyways, things have been slower as of late on TP Vol II for a verity of reasons, but we are about to ramp up into it again very soon. There is a cut of the film already finished, I won't say what it includes and it is ready to be polished and released likely along side some cool bonus stuff from both docs. As is always the case we don't know and or have control of the specifics around releases, so we can't promise anything, however we are working towards a solution for all of our docs where fans of our content can access more of it through us directly, stay tuned on that.

I can't say why, but does anyone have a canister replica prop from secret of the ooze or the original films ooze canister? I would love to borrow one if you do or possibly buy one.

Also keep an eye out for "Power of Greyskull" coming this summer!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #206
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Hello everyone, sorry for the radio silence yet again. This has been a big year for me personally, first kid, building a house in canadian winter, etc... no excuse I know! Hahaha. Anyways, things have been slower as of late on TP Vol II for a verity of reasons, but we are about to ramp up into it again very soon. There is a cut of the film already finished, I won't say what it includes and it is ready to be polished and released likely along side some cool bonus stuff from both docs. As is always the case we don't know and or have control of the specifics around releases, so we can't promise anything, however we are working towards a solution for all of our docs where fans of our content can access more of it through us directly, stay tuned on that.

I can't say why, but does anyone have a canister replica prop from secret of the ooze or the original films ooze canister? I would love to borrow one if you do or possibly buy one.

Also keep an eye out for "Power of Greyskull" coming this summer!

I’ve got the high quality replica one from SOTO If i could get it back I would loan it but wouldn’t want to sell it. Message me. The new prop from MeCA could also be an option for you?

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:43 AM   #207
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

HELLO Everyone.

Please forgive the radio silence, however things with Turtle Power Volume II slowed down quite a bit due to some complications with distribution, but things are looking good for the future! Stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

IN THE MEANTIME please check us out on Netflix with our new Definitive Film "Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe". Watch, share and enjoy! Help us get a good rating so we can make more or these awesome films!

Old 08-24-2018, 06:30 AM   #208
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Thanks for the update, CanadianTurtle!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:18 PM   #209
sdp
-

Quote:
HELLO Everyone.

Please forgive the radio silence, however things with Turtle Power Volume II slowed down quite a bit due to some complications with distribution, but things are looking good for the future! Stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

IN THE MEANTIME please check us out on Netflix with our new Definitive Film "Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the
Looking forward to it, I was a bit disappointed with Vol.1 but mostly because I had been looking forward to it for years before it ever finished and that first trailer made my mind go wild so it's your fault but it was good! Hope you get the distribution rights all sorted out, last time i had to use a VPN to be able to watch it.

I don't need a VPN for the He-Man one though, I'll post my thoughts on it when I finish it. I'm not big on he-man but find the franchise amusing so I'm looking forward to it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #210
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Looking forward to it, I was a bit disappointed with Vol.1 but mostly because I had been looking forward to it for years before it ever finished and that first trailer made my mind go wild so it's your fault but it was good! Hope you get the distribution rights all sorted out, last time i had to use a VPN to be able to watch it.

I don't need a VPN for the He-Man one though, I'll post my thoughts on it when I finish it. I'm not big on he-man but find the franchise amusing so I'm looking forward to it.
I hope you enjoy it!

I am curious why did you need to and or choose to watch Turtle Power volume 1 with a VPN?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #211
AquaParade
Banned

I’ve been mostly silent but I’m anxiously awaiting volume 2. I’m sure there are others like me.

Volume 1 was entertaining and I have faith volume 2 can outdo it. Personally hoping to get into the nitty gritty of those Mirage days.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #212
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I’ve been mostly silent but I’m anxiously awaiting volume 2. I’m sure there are others like me.

Volume 1 was entertaining and I have faith volume 2 can outdo it. Personally hoping to get into the nitty gritty of those Mirage days.
Thanks for saying something, we appreciate the feedback. It’s been a long time and believe me we are just as frustrated as any of you, this is how we make a living remember. We have some very cool stuff in the second doc and hopefully we can find a way to release all the extras from our decades long dive into this brand history. Now that He-Man is out we can re-focus on this a little bit.

We will never make everyone happy that’s for sure, but we always strive for good quality.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #213
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks for saying something, we appreciate the feedback. It’s been a long time and believe me we are just as frustrated as any of you, this is how we make a living remember. We have some very cool stuff in the second doc and hopefully we can find a way to release all the extras from our decades long dive into this brand history. Now that He-Man is out we can re-focus on this a little bit.

We will never make everyone happy that’s for sure, but we always strive for good quality.
Don't worry about it, you did amazing on the first one and I'm sure this will be as good, if not even better then it.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #214
sdp
-

Quote:
I hope you enjoy it!

I am curious why did you need to and or choose to watch Turtle Power volume 1 with a VPN?
It wasn't on my country's netflix so VPN came to the rescue but the He-Man special did appear so no VPN to trick netflix. I liked the He-Man one, I'd just suggest that it needs better editing so it doesn't drag too much as I feel it does sometimes, overall I liked it a lot more than the episode of "The Toys that Made Us" of He-Man, I'm not a really a fan of their documentaries but the one thing they do well is editing since it flows well even though they waste a lot of time on nonsense that I'm not a fan. I know it's a bit hard to compare a full length documentary like yours to a 22 minute one but that's what I'd improve on. A shame you aren't the one doing the toys that made us, would prefer watching your version of it.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #215
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It wasn't on my country's netflix so VPN came to the rescue but the He-Man special did appear so no VPN to trick netflix. I liked the He-Man one, I'd just suggest that it needs better editing so it doesn't drag too much as I feel it does sometimes, overall I liked it a lot more than the episode of "The Toys that Made Us" of He-Man, I'm not a really a fan of their documentaries but the one thing they do well is editing since it flows well even though they waste a lot of time on nonsense that I'm not a fan. I know it's a bit hard to compare a full length documentary like yours to a 22 minute one but that's what I'd improve on. A shame you aren't the one doing the toys that made us, would prefer watching your version of it.
Ah yes I see. I thought for a second you were saying you had downloaded the film illegally. I was about to go all grandstand as this hurts all of us, but yes Netflix regional licenses can be annoying and not as bad to work around hahaha
Old 08-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #216
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

I LOVED The Power of Grayskull! Highly recommended.

We're super lucky to be getting a second TMNT doc from this team. My hat is off to you guys!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #217
sdp
-

Quote:
Ah yes I see. I thought for a second you were saying you had downloaded the film illegally. I was about to go all grandstand as this hurts all of us, but yes Netflix regional licenses can be annoying and not as bad to work around hahaha
haha no way! I was here all along when your project started and all the years it took to get out! If I hadn't been hurting financially I would've bought it on itunes but at the very least I did watch it and rated it as soon as it was on American Netflix!
Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #218
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Does anyone know any good cultural commentators that are fans and or experts TMNT that are based out of Los Angeles? Or the UK?
Old 03-16-2019, 01:03 AM   #219
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Does anyone know any good cultural commentators that are fans and or experts TMNT that are based out of Los Angeles? Or the UK?
What is a cultural commentator?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #220
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm a UK fan. Never talked on TV before. Not sure how much of an expert I'd need to be but if you want some help feel free to get message me.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turtle power ii