The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon is canceled

It seems like the current 5th season was indeed the last one, and that the show is over now that its run on CN is finished:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...urs-is-delayed

However it seems like they were already working on some episodes for a potential Season 6 before they knew it ended. From the sounds of things those episodes will probably be merged into a DVD movie of sorts, and may tie up loose ends. So at the least the show will probably have a proper conclusion as it gets some direct-to-DVD movie releases.

Well another action cartoon has kicked the bucket. TMNT really has almost no competition now....
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

I cant say i ever really got into this show, ill watch the Tartakovsky Clone Wars over it any day. But i do hope this show gets a descent conclusion for anyone who was into it. Like you said, a direct to dvd conclusion would be nice considering is cancellation.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

Never really liked it anyways. I'll never understand why they saw the need to fill up the gap between Clones and Sith. Like Shredhead said, the Genndy shorts were the perfect bridge already.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Oh no, so sad. Or not
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thank god. This show was bogged down by pretentious writing and mary sue antics, and that movie should have never made it to theatres.

As said, the 2004-2005 animated shorts were the best.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I wonder what show will take its place??? because this show took up a lot of time on CN, hopefully something good will replace it.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I wonder what show will take its place??? because this show took up a lot of time on CN, hopefully something good will replace it.
CN has a vendetta against action cartoons for some reason. All they want now are comedies.

The new Batman cartoon is pretty much the only action cartoon they have now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
Xav
Foot Elite

I guess there's no room for intelligent animated programs anymore.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

it will when Clone Wars is gone
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
CN has a vendetta against action cartoons for some reason. All they want now are comedies.

The new Batman cartoon is pretty much the only action cartoon they have now.
Also Ben 10, Ninjago, and Legends of Chima, and I guess you can count all there anime too.

Last edited by Xav; 03-13-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Thank god. This show was bogged down by pretentious writing and mary sue antics, and that movie should have never made it to theatres.
You like a show for toddlers about magical ponies. Your opinion is null and void.

Anyways, Genndy's stuff was way better, but this show was one of the few bright spots to come out of an otherwise horrific era of the SW universe and I'm still thankful to it for that.

I hope Disney actually makes good on the cancellation of this one and it isn't more swapping great stuff (Spectacular Spider-Man) for complete and utter sh*t (Ultimate POS).
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well they had already begun working on the next season for Disney XD, it's only recent that Disney began freezing all the SW's projects to focus on the new trilogy (which is not necessarily a bad thing). The good news is that since they already had been working on episodes they'll get released somehow either through DTV's or as movies and they can probably finish off with a good finale since they know they're done for so it's not all bad for Clone Wars fans.

The show began from this terrible movie to a decent S1 and has improved ever since, the CG improving with each season gives me great hopes that TMNT 2012 will one day look like the Clone Wars.

Now I hope Disney doesn't actually mess it up like they did with the Marvel cartoons, though technically Marvel has been in charge of their cartoons which might be the reason why they suck. But I'm sure Disney has a say. I'm also glad they cancelled that terrible looking CG SW comedy show, after the robot chicken specials and even the Family Guy episodes why would we need another comedy show based on SWs?

Hopefully the new shows will be great, George Lucas did only sell the franchise because he saw Disney let Pixar and Marvel work as separate entities (even though it's clear Disney still influences their decisions sometimes) and Lucas left someone in charge that would take his vision of SWs.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm also glad they cancelled that terrible looking CG SW comedy show, after the robot chicken specials and even the Family Guy episodes why would we need another comedy show based on SWs?
I had completely forgotten about that.... thank goodness

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Clone Wars Finale in Early 2014
Bonus Content is Coming!

By Robert T. Trate *** October 11, 2013
Source: Dave Filoni/ Facebook

Clone Wars Finale in early 2014!
© Lucasfilm Ltd./ Disney

Finally, we have some more information on the last episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The following was posted on Dave Filoni’s Facebook Page Friday Night:

“Star Wars fans - I have some exciting news! We have wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes, and while that might be sad news in one way, it's good news in another. It means you will finally get to see them. When, exactly, is a detail I cannot yet share. I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda's most challenging missions. So, get ready. We've got Clone Wars and Rebels coming at you in 2014. Animated Star Wars is alive and well. Trust in the Force my friends”.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #15
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I was gonna buy the 1-5 boxset, but I am going to hold, since I think, there maybe a 1-6 of sort box-set

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
snake
Disgusting

What's so good about the old CW? That show basically said that Jedi were indestructable and couldnt be hurt. It had no story and was one big battle after another. What was the point of clones if they could just send Mace Windu to defeat an ENTIRE DROID ARMY?

The new CW was much better.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #17
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Is it worth waiting to buy the dvd set? or do you guys think that they will do a sorta 1-6 complete set?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The final 6th season (as well as S1-5) will stream on Netflix beginning March 7.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/29...ere-on-netflix
Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Too bad this show didn't get a real conclusion from what I hear, sure "Episode III" was the conclusion but come on, all the story lines could have had a better send off like the original 2D animated CW cartoon did. I kind of hope we get a flashback episode in Rebels since it's been basically confirmed that we'll see CW characters. It'd be a nice way for the CW's cartoon to get closure without it even affecting the narrative of Rebels.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Trailer for final episodes