The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #1301
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

He's definitely a young adult in the micro-series flashback. I'd say equivalent of 19-20 in human years. Able to do most things an adult does, but is pretty inexperienced.

We haven't put any real thought into the actual life span of an Utrom. They can sort of live indefinitely using ooze, but who knows how long their natural lifespan is.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #1302
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
He's definitely a young adult in the micro-series flashback. I'd say equivalent of 19-20 in human years. Able to do most things an adult does, but is pretty inexperienced.

We haven't put any real thought into the actual life span of an Utrom. They can sort of live indefinitely using ooze, but who knows how long their natural lifespan is.
Ahh cool, thanks for the answer either way Something like that i had suspected but was not sure of yet.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:31 PM   #1303
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

A question in regards to the IDW series outside of comics; given with recent events that IDW TMNT may soon (at least a year or so) be the only TMNT game in town, have you been approached, or given any thought, to spreading the IDW-verse to any other media? Would IDW be able to do so? I recall the recent transformers animated series by machinima that was based on an IDW comic story arc. Could IDW turtles see a similar possibility?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:54 PM   #1304
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We can't really do anything independently, everything needs to be vetted and approved by Nickelodeon. That being said, we can develop things in house like the TMNT board game that's based on the IDW Universe. And then there's the recent video game that is loosely based on our stuff. (Or at least, Mateus' designs and Tom on script)

Beyond that, it's really just TV/film and Nickelodeon/Viacom have more experience in that area than IDW does so it would be up to them to steer in those things in our direction.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:57 PM   #1305
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
We can't really do anything independently, everything needs to be vetted and approved by Nickelodeon. That being said, we can develop things in house like the TMNT board game that's based on the IDW Universe. And then there's the recent video game that is loosely based on our stuff. (Or at least, Mateus' designs and Tom on script)

Beyond that, it's really just TV/film and Nickelodeon/Viacom have more experience in that area than IDW does so it would be up to them to steer in those things in our direction.
I figured, but I had hoped nick would see how amazing what you guys have been doing really is, and try to do something with it. Thanks for the info.

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #1306
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

oh! One other question; are you guys allowed to publish comics on crossovers or other stuff Playmates does with the toys (like the big WWE one being promoted right now) or is that a separate rights thing? And if you, Tom, or Kevin saw something interesting they did with the turtles or other characters in the tmnt toyline, would you be able to bring it over to the comics?

Old 10-31-2016, 04:08 PM   #1307
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We'd have to clear it with Nickelodeon, the same as a normal idea that we might have. If a third party is involved, we might need to coordinate with them as well, hypothetically speaking.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:51 AM   #1308
CyberCubed
Overlord

Regarding the Mutanimals, is there an amount of set limit you guys want Hob's gang to grow to? For example if you introduce too many new mutants, they'll all be competing with each other for screentime and some will wind up in the background or underdeveloped. Recently we sort of see this with Ray and Sally being new additions but not really explored as characters yet.

Hob already has a lot of mutants, maybe more if Leatherhead joins eventually, so is there a limit planned there? Hob with an army of 15-20 mutants sounds a bit too much for example for the series to handle.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #1309
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Not a set limit, no, but not expecting many more in the near term.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:02 AM   #1310
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How did Wyrm's inclusion in IDW come about?
Old 11-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #1311
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How did Wyrm's inclusion in IDW come about?
Nick Pitarra pitched a story about him!
Old 11-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #1312
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Nick Pitarra pitched a story about him!
So I take it that the story itself is a side-story of minimal importance to the big picture then, if all he had to do was pitch it?
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 11-01-2016 at 01:33 PM.
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #1313
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I wouldn't say it's of any less importance than any thing else in Universe. But maybe that's just me, I see every book we do as about as important as another. For instance, nothing of lasting importance, plot-wise, happens in TMNT #65, but I think those breather moments are crucial to the overall success of the book.

Maybe I don't understand the question-- every story is pitched, this Wyrm issue is no different.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #1314
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Will there ever be another of the Mighty Mutanimals Miniseries comics? The characters are fun.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #1315
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's of any less importance than any thing else in Universe. But maybe that's just me, I see every book we do as about as important as another. For instance, nothing of lasting importance, plot-wise, happens in TMNT #65, but I think those breather moments are crucial to the overall success of the book.

Maybe I don't understand the question-- every story is pitched, this Wyrm issue is no different.
I think you did understand the question, so I'm not personally unsatisfied with your answer.

Just to clarify though, I thought your original statement made it seem like you approved the story without ever asking for revisions, which made me wonder if the story just happened to be self-contained with no ties to other stories.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #1316
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Will there ever be another of the Mighty Mutanimals Miniseries comics? The characters are fun.
The IDW Mutanimals? No, but you'll see lots of them soon in the ongoing.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #1317
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I think you did understand the question, so I'm not personally unsatisfied with your answer.

Just to clarify though, I thought your original statement made it seem like you approved the story without ever asking for revisions, which made me wonder if the story just happened to be self-contained with no ties to other stories.
No, I give notes on just about everything. There's a whole involved process in getting a pitch approved, both with myself and Nickelodeon.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #1318
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I do like this idea about pitching with no notes or revisions, though; I think neatoman might be on to something...
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #1319
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

What's up with Woody? So far he's just... existed, and them he kinda disappeared. Do you have any plans for him in the future, or did you have a plan for him after introducing him that didn't end up working, so you just phased him out? Thanks!
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #1320
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We'll be seeing him in TMNT #65 (and I think we saw him in the last few issues, if I'm not mistaken)

But there's no grand plan for him. There's no grand plan for most of the characters. Sometimes characters are there to serve a particular plot function, and sometimes they are there to expose a different side of another character, and sometimes they are just fun to write or even out the mood of an issue.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz