The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-08-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

RIP Olivia Newton-John

https://news.sky.com/story/olivia-ne...-says-12668726

Quote:
Dame Olivia Newton-John has died at the age of 73, her husband John Easterling has said.

Her family said in a statement that she "passed away peacefully at her ranch in southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends".

They added: "Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer.

"Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer."

Newton-John was best known for the movie adaptation of the musical Grease, released in 1978, in which she played Sandy opposite John Travolta's Danny Zuko.

Advertisement
The pair duetted on You're The One That I Want, while Newton-John's rendition of Hopelessly Devoted to You was nominated for an Academy Award for best original song.

Successful both critically and commercially, Grease became the biggest-grossing musical film ever at the time.

Writing on Instagram, Travolta said: "My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better.

"Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again.

"Yours from the moment I saw you and forever!

Your Danny, your John!"
So sad. RIP Olivia

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:53 PM   #3
Icebot
Foot Elite

Very sad to hear. As a fan of Grease, I will always be grateful for her performance. She will be missed.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:35 PM   #4
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Another great icon of pop music & musical films from our childhoods. May you continue to sing and dance for joy up in heaven Olivia Newton-John.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:41 PM   #5
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Rest in Peace Olivia Newton John, what a talented actress and musician she was
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote