The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2022, 02:01 AM   #6081
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Thanks for the info. Missed out on Usagi, and these mousers at what seems a good price? Can't remember what they were on the NECA store.

I've bought some knock off NECA before, and I think as long as you get in there early you get good quality. The longer (years) you leave it, the quality gets more and more "Chinese".

Some on this site would even argue that the KO's are as good as the real deal - in the fact that they are from the same factory using the same materials etc!

Anyway I will be dipping into these!
Thanks again to Mikey0 for pointing in the direction of these 'second chance' Usagi and Mouser sets. Much to my surprise mine turned up on my door step yesterday.

I posted a few quick picks on my Insta yesterday, for anyone who's interested: https://www.instagram.com/pizzatheactiontoys/?hl=en

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:57 AM   #6082
Filespit
Hench Mutant

What is the status on Super Rocksteady & Mighty Bebop and Tokka & Rahzar? Are they "officially" released at stores yet? Usually NECA does an official announcement on their social platforms for new figures but so far nothing regarding these. Anyone know anything?
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 05:31 AM   #6083
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks again to Mikey0 for pointing in the direction of these 'second chance' Usagi and Mouser sets. Much to my surprise mine turned up on my door step yesterday.

I posted a few quick picks on my Insta yesterday, for anyone who's interested: https://www.instagram.com/pizzatheactiontoys/?hl=en
Wow! They seem to be gone now...what was the price on each? With that kind of service if they are also cheaper to boot I might have to go to AliExpress for the rest of this line, lol. I'm also an immediate opener so box damage doesn't bother me at all.

Regarding REX-1.... this is the point at which I have conversations with myself about whether I need each figure or not. I have no memory of this whatsoever which makes sense given he was in a whopping 2 episodes and not even used consistently between them. Who at NECA decided this was so important it had to be done now? Maybe AliExpress will make it an easier decision!

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 06-16-2022 at 05:45 AM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 05:47 AM   #6084
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Wow! They seem to be gone now...what was the price on each? With that kind of service if they are also cheaper to boot I might have to go to AliExpress for the rest of this line, lol. I'm also an immediate opener so box damage doesn't bother me at all.
I just checked back on my e-mails, Usagi was 23GBP and the mousers were 26GBP. Cheaper than NECA and quicker too!

Did you search for "Samurai Rabbit"? This was the one I purchased, you're right, looks like they sold out: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...k=in_edm_other

Guess I got lucky. I would highly recommend Usagi if you can get him, he is an awesome figure and probably one of the best in the NECA toon line.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:01 AM   #6085
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Regarding REX-1.... this is the point at which I have conversations with myself about whether I need each figure or not. I have no memory of this whatsoever which makes sense given he was in a whopping 2 episodes and not even used consistently between them. Who at NECA decided this was so important it had to be done now? Maybe AliExpress will make it an easier decision!
One thing I've learned from the different fan communities is that, past a certain point, everyone has a different list of "must haves." Two common wants that come up here are Bugman and Dirk Savage (in two episodes and one episode, respectively), but I have absolutely zero attachment to either of these characters. REX-1 was early enough in the series that I remember his original appearance well enough to at least consider him as a "maybe," but someone like Lotus Blossom, who was also only in two episodes, I would pick up immediately, regardless of who they paired her with.

Realistically, barring the Red Sky seasons, where I'd already completely checked out, they've hit basically all of the frequently recurring characters (even the different mobsters throughout the series had like... four?... appearances tops, and I don't specifically remember any of them except Don Turtelli and Big Louie).

The other factor they seem to have been focusing on was the original toy line. Characters like Wingnut, Screwloose, Muckman, Mondo Gecko, Dirtbag, Scumbug, Groundchuck, the Triceratons, Mutagen Man, Ace Duck and Antrax were also barely in the series, but I believe these were all popular figures in the line, so I can understand those, as well.

(There's also things like Mousers and Roadkill Rodney that permeate the franchise, but weren't necessarily integral to the '87 cartoon.)

Pulling it back around, I'm personally on the fence on REX-1, but he's a popular character in the various forums, so I can see why they prioritized him over a lot of other characters at this point.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:07 AM   #6086
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I guess I found the Usagi listing a few days late which is why mine is still in transit while others already got him. I'm hoping it will arrive Friday or Saturday if i'm lucky.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:30 AM   #6087
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I've seen REX-1 on plenty of lists, but he's a skip for me. I'm curious about the toon accessory set though. I haven't bought into any of the other accessory sets but that's because they were for much smaller lines. I've got most of the Toon line so fleshing it out even more with extras could be fun, especially if there are extra heads or something. Like "beaked" heads. I want some of those!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:24 AM   #6088
Dask
Mad Scientist

REX-1 was a huge nod to RoboCop.

While he appeared in 2 episodes, REX-1 was quite memorable for his charm. He was also one of Irma's love interests.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:01 AM   #6089
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Yeah, I've seen REX-1 on plenty of lists, but he's a skip for me. I'm curious about the toon accessory set though. I haven't bought into any of the other accessory sets but that's because they were for much smaller lines. I've got most of the Toon line so fleshing it out even more with extras could be fun, especially if there are extra heads or something. Like "beaked" heads. I want some of those!
I have a feeling a lot of those extras we’ve been seeing pop up in their turtle lair diorama photo shoots, such as Donnie’s portal, will find a home in this accessory set. Extra heads with new expressions would be nice.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #6090
mikey0
Foot Elite

mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 06:03 PM   #6091
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
What is the status on Super Rocksteady & Mighty Bebop and Tokka & Rahzar? Are they "officially" released at stores yet? Usually NECA does an official announcement on their social platforms for new figures but so far nothing regarding these. Anyone know anything?
Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop went up for sale on targets website back in late March during the Haulathon event. They were also found in stores at that time and some report still finding one in store randomly as delayed stock hits.

Tokka and Rahzar are in limbo. They went up on the Haulathon site on the first day of the event March 14th? Being sold by Costumes.com for the international fans only. Well, they effed up and a lot of US based folks were able to place orders too before they fixed it. Then they honored the orders which is why some US folks got them. They then put them back up on the telethon / costumes website a few weeks after that and they did not specify that I was international only. At that time I had seen it myself and placed an order only to be waiting about a week and a half before they canceled them until everybody that they had oversold and apologized. Since then it's been radio silence about Tokka and Rahzar. Hopefully NECA I will say something soon and put them up on their site for pre-orders.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:45 PM   #6092
mikey0
Foot Elite

REX-1 Digital Render: https://mobile.twitter.com/BlainerTh...CzqfS_1dYqAAAA

Roadkill Rodney Digital Render: https://mobile.twitter.com/brodieper...18375485042688
Old 06-17-2022, 05:15 AM   #6093
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
They doing a new/another/a separate Roadkill Rodney? Would have liked one but didn't want/need a Triceraton as well! Would be cool if we could buy a RR on it's own!

Old 06-17-2022, 07:50 AM   #6094
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
They doing a new/another/a separate Roadkill Rodney? Would have liked one but didn't want/need a Triceraton as well! Would be cool if we could buy a RR on it's own!
Ooo maybe it'll be in a pack of 4 or so, kinda like the Mousers pack?

Or possibly just a couple thrown in the accessories pack...
Old 06-17-2022, 08:03 AM   #6095
mikey see
Mad Scientist

That tweet was from June 2020....
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:27 AM   #6096
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullox View Post
Tokka and Rahzar are in limbo. They went up on the Haulathon site on the first day of the event March 14th? Being sold by Costumes.com for the international fans only. Well, they effed up and a lot of US based folks were able to place orders too before they fixed it. Then they honored the orders which is why some US folks got them. They then put them back up on the telethon / costumes website a few weeks after that and they did not specify that I was international only. At that time I had seen it myself and placed an order only to be waiting about a week and a half before they canceled them until everybody that they had oversold and apologized. Since then it's been radio silence about Tokka and Rahzar. Hopefully NECA I will say something soon and put them up on their site for pre-orders.
Geeze I completely forgot about that one. I never picked it up either...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:29 AM   #6097
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Current pre-order update e-mail from NECA says Usagi, the Neutrinos, Smash/Zach and the Crooked Ninja Turtle Goon/Rock Soldier Infantry will be shipping in the "near future."
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #6098
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mousers and the Ultimate Foot Soldier are shipping from NECA: https://mobile.twitter.com/Tmnt4M/st...Cl2cTc39cqAAAA

More pics of the REX-1 digital render: https://imginn.com/p/Ce4nHGGB98i/

Brodie Perkins on REX-1’s proportions: https://mobile.twitter.com/Mesademon...C4kYr9ntcqAAAA

Last edited by mikey0; 06-18-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:43 AM   #6099
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Usagi Yojimbo Review: http://thefwoosh.com/2022/06/neca-te...medium=twitter
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:41 AM   #6100
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
The human? samurai figures in those pictures look really good with Usagi!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote