AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full preview:

Spoiler:

AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

The look on their faces when Anchovy doesn't attack is pure gold!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

So does anyone think Anchovy is mutating?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Anchovy is using a machine gun. Oh my God. I love these B&R minis so much.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:30 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bishop sitting there scheming on Ravenwood like a spoiled child is hilarious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:36 PM   #8
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Anchovy is using a machine gun.
My scrapped-Jurassic-Park-4-script PTSD is acting up...
Old 08-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I was expecting Anchovy with a gun from the comment.

But what I was not expecting was Ravenwood straight-up calling them losers.

I love this woman and she better survive this. She's amazing.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I was expecting Anchovy with a gun from the comment.

But what I was not expecting was Ravenwood straight-up calling them losers.

I love this woman and she better survive this. She's amazing.
"Ravenwood: Agent of EPF" needs to be a thing in the post-#100 future!

Seriously, the IDW crew make writing strong and amazing female characters seem so easy.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

*Deep inhale*

Spoiler:
BOY that was a ride!

This was basically my reaction when the BB&RS robots showed up:

All of Ravenwood's build making horrifying sense and then stuff only getting more horrifying from there! I mean, what the sh******t !?
Her disgust toward them makes a whole lot of sense now that we have some idea of what she's gone through, and what she stands for because of it.

Two instances of "who's he (she) talking to?" in one month, only with one situation having a much funnier end to it. "He already left".

I'm guessing that "N'sho-v" is slowly getting smarter and might end up being the smart one of their group...if only marginally. He's really keeping up with them in everything they do and even started to participate with their antics. So I'm really going to stick with my "gradual mutation" because he keeps biting them...and was in the previous issue.

Karai finally showed up and is getting the old gang back together.

I'm really looking forward to Ravenwood coming back around; she's freakin' awesome.

How exactly did they get better, though? They were practically melting into the concrete and then just suddenly recovered?
Old 08-29-2018, 01:49 AM   #12
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
*Deep inhale*

Spoiler:
BOY that was a ride!

This was basically my reaction when the BB&RS robots showed up:
https://i.imgur.com/ZHmHih5.png

All of Ravenwood's build making horrifying sense and then stuff only getting more horrifying from there! I mean, what the sh******t !?
Her disgust toward them makes a whole lot of sense now that we have some idea of what she's gone through, and what she stands for because of it.

Two instances of "who's he (she) talking to?" in one month, only with one situation having a much funnier end to it. "He already left".

I'm really looking forward to Ravenwood coming back around; she's freakin' awesome.

How exactly did they get better, though? They were practically melting into the concrete and then just suddenly recovered?
Spoiler:
OK. Sigh. In one of the reviews I read that Ravenwood is just a collection of disgusting mutant worms. Really? After 4 issues, she was the most interesting character in IDW. I really do not want that she it to be just Wyrm-2.

And in any case, I hope that she will return.

I'm just waiting for my copy of the comics...
Old 08-29-2018, 07:43 AM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

"Don't listen to her, God" was really funny!

Ravenwood is... A great character but her powerset turned out even weirder than I anticipated. She almost reminds me of Dragon Ball Z's Buu in this issue.

And Anchovy just getting smarter and smarter? Opposable thumbs now? Put that together with...

Spoiler:
...Karai recruiting him, and can you say Chote?
Old 08-29-2018, 07:58 AM   #14
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
She almost reminds me of Dragon Ball Z's Buu in this issue.
Funny I thought more of the Major from Ghost in the Shell for the inspiration. By the way I have seen that Bates and Weaver registered here so they can tell us what their sources of inspiration were for Ravenwood. Pity that the wait is long after the registration before being able to post.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:01 AM   #15
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

My paper copy will not come soon, so I read the electronic version.

My English is not very good, so I rarely write here big reviews. But this is an ESPECTIVE case.

This is absolutely amazing! I've always loved the comics of Weaver and Bates, but now I'm their fan number 1!

In 2013 I read micro "Bebop and Rockstedy" and said "cool, these guys know, what they are doing." They understand these characters. They make them new and interesting. I never liked Bebop and Rocksteady. I’m huge fan of 1987 show, but these two mutants have always been boring and uninteresting for me. This micro changed mine attitude towards them. Clever humor, a lot of action, a brilliant story. It was gold. One of the best comics that I read.

"Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything" blew my brain. It was awesome and brilliantly. I have only 2 problems with this mini-series. The first is too many artists. This is a bit confusing. Second - Donatello breaks the fourth wall. It was too different from the main series. In all other respects, it again was genius comics.

But if the micro was gold, "Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything" was silver, then this series is a diamond, instructed with platinum! This is an IDEAL combination of humor, plot, characters and art! I read over 300 comic books about the TMNT before and none of them caused me so much emotion!

And two worlds about Agent Ravenwood. After this series, I think that this is the most interesting character in the entire TMNT Multi-Universe.

I will try to explain why such a character as Agent Ravenwood is EXTREMELY NECESSARY to the TMNT franchise and why she MUST be in the comics further.

Only one characteristic of Ravenwood which can change the entire world of TMNT forever.

She is a "bridge between mutants and humans." This is something completely new and it opens incredible prospects! We can get superheroes in the TMNT-Universe, like as "half-mutants." Also it is possible to show a completely new interaction between mutants and humans. Ravenwood could be a key figure in the war between the species.

Also there is another very important factor. In the TMNT franchise very few interesting female characters. Particularly, good female characters. Moreover, the Turtles always had a lot of enemies and very few friends. And especially friends, who have power or super powers. The appearance of such a character as Ravenwood is a refreshing new breath for the TMNT-Universe. She's smart, she's strong, she's charismatic and she has the right values. Turtles do not need a new enemy. They need such an ally like she. They need she.

Spoiler:
Now she lost. She lost part of herself. A very large part. It was painful for her and it was painful to see. She does not deserve such a fate. She must get a new body, go back to the EPF and take revenge on Bishop and Bebop with Rocksteady.

I really hope that she will back and Dustin and Ben working again on the TMNT comics. They are the best thing that happened to the Turtles.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hell of a finisher. Bebop and Rocksteady versus Agent Ravenwood.

Damn, Ravenwood might be the creepiest character we've seen in IDW TMNT now. Yuck.

And as for who's back in town...
Old 08-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And as for who's back in town...
There's no question now that said character will be heavily involved in the run-up to #100.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
There's no question now that said character will be heavily involved in the run-up to #100.
I really thought that'd be post #100, but I'm really, really excited for this! And who else wants to see Donatello versus Bebop and Rocksteady, Round Three?!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

This was the craziest comic from IDW TMNT I ever read, and funny too. I laughed out loud constantly at points, "He already left," and all the dialogue was very good. Loved the nod to the old Playmates toys too.

But also I'm also surprised how much this advanced the plot. Whereas Wingnut and Savanti Romero just seemed like one-shot adventures, this whole plot and story with Ravenwood is great. She is a great foil to Bishop too and her powers are amazing. Also loved the returning character at the end as she was out of the picture for too long.

I dare say this Rocksteady/Bebop mini is one of the greatest mini's IDW has done so far. I want another sequel next year....
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I dare say this Rocksteady/Bebop mini is one of the greatest mini's IDW has done so far. I want another sequel next year....
Agreed, but you mean two years from now. The first was in 2016, two-year intervals seem to wield the best results. 2019 is already going to be packed! I have no doubt we're gonna get another weekly mini in August but it'll probably focus on something else to build up #100.

Bring on "Bebop & Rocksteady: Mutants of Mayhem" (ha!) in 2020!