The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 11:06 PM   #221
Leo656
The Franchise

Kinda like when WWE fired Hogan a few years ago for the stuff he said in the sex tape. I forget when it came out but it was revealed at some point that conversations took place between Hogan, Vince and Triple H at the time which basically went, "Yeah, we have to send you home for a while because of the investors, the stockholders, all the P.R. stuff and the media. But sooner or later everyone will stop being so mad about it and at that point we'll ease you back in. But for now, we have to pretend we actually care, and that this is actually a punishment. No hard feelings, just business." And now he's back, as promised.

There was no way he was ever going to be exiled permanently; he essentially built the company. But they have to put on a big display and all that. That's generally how these things work.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #222
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, precisely like that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:27 AM   #223
Xav
Foot Elite

I wonder how long before Disney brings Roseanne back?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:31 AM   #224
Leo656
The Franchise

It probably would have been pretty soon, given how bad the ratings for "The Connors" supposedly were. But she refuses to shut up and make nice, so they won't be asking her back. She was just lashing out at Sarah Gilbert in an interview like last week, about how she got her hired in the business when nobody wanted her and what an ingrate she is. Nobody from the show but John Goodman would probably even want to work with her at this point. She's done.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:17 AM   #225
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Right now it seems that Gunn is in fact sincerely sorry for what he had done. Whedon never once gave a formal apology for the terrible things he had written. I will just have to wait and see what I will do when this film is being released.
What had he written?

I know there was script about Wonder Woman, which leftards used as a prove that Whedon is "horrible sexist misogynist", but since it leftards, I don't think anyone took it seriously and no-one really should do that. Then there were rumors that he traded roles in his movies and series for sex.
Haven't heard anything else.

Also, he is a good director and I will watch his movies anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Kinda like when WWE fired Hogan a few years ago for the stuff he said in the sex tape. I forget when it came out but it was revealed at some point that conversations took place between Hogan, Vince and Triple H at the time which basically went, "Yeah, we have to send you home for a while because of the investors, the stockholders, all the P.R. stuff and the media. But sooner or later everyone will stop being so mad about it and at that point we'll ease you back in. But for now, we have to pretend we actually care, and that this is actually a punishment. No hard feelings, just business." And now he's back, as promised.

There was no way he was ever going to be exiled permanently; he essentially built the company. But they have to put on a big display and all that. That's generally how these things work.
I still don't understand what was the whole noise about.
AFAIK, Hogan said something in private and it was not even that bad (in my book it wasn't bad at all, though, but I come from different society) and than some idiots started treat him like the BIGGEST RACIST EVER.
SJWs are surely annoying creeps.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #226
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Probably this was Feige's plan all along. When Disney wasn't having him back, Feige never really began the search for a director (alternately, correctly guessed that no credible director would want to invite the kind of ire that serving as Gunn's replacement would entail) and backburned GotG 3... so that enough time would pass for Disney to change their mind.
That's possible I suppose but more likely they really looked at all the possibilities and thought few directors of worth would want to touch this and there was always going to be an elephant in the room so decided to take a chance on rehiring Gunn.

Another theory doing the rounds which I don't think is true but on balance more likely than this all being a big con from Feige is that Disney looked at how Captain Marvel is doing and though hey these alt-right weirdos don't seem to the power to affect our movies as they think.

Quote:
Because probably in their eyes to the SJWs, Gunn "served his punishment" at least a little bit. You know, Disney can always say, "We acted, when we found out about the tweets!" as opposed to doing nothing about him.
It wasn't SJWs that got Gunn fired though, was it? It was alt-right weirdos and not because they were genuinely offended by what Gunn said but because they disagreed with his politics not to mention they were trying to paint him as an actual child molester.

There was a few people who were only aware of Gunn's tweets after he was fired and seeing it laid out like that were genuinely upset, a few who were aware of them all along and never really thought Gunn had proven he'd grown up. I respect those two positions even if I disagree with them but I think we should all be glad that it looks like Disney belatedly decided it shouldn't fall for shenanigans orchestrated by a shady guy like Cernovich.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #227
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Bautista chimes in finally:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guard...disney-a167585
Old 10-11-2021, 05:12 PM   #228
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://deadline.com/2021/10/guardia...er-1234853679/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: After teasing his appearance at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Adam Warlock looks ready to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the next installment of the hit franchise. Sources tell Deadline that Will Poulter has landed the role of Warlock in Marvel’s anticipated sequel. James Gunn is returning to direct, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige producing.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:13 PM   #229
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So they're gonna go bratty and pouty with Warlock, then.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:55 AM   #230
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think Poulter will be able to brood well enough for the role, and probably be pretty funny unintentionally
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #231
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Started filming:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/guardia...egins-filming/

Tags
james gunn, jumped the gunn, sjws of the galaxy