The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #361
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I just wish there were tapes of the bloopers from the FW series. I've heard that those would be gold!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #362
Xav
Foot Elite

Inserting both Lloyd and Laird thought the Guardians shouldn't think the Shredder was dead. Yet that made it into the episode anyway.
Quote:
4.) Pg. 9: Lloyd, as you pointed out in one of our phone conversations, the Guardians wouldn't have thought the Shredder was dead because his head got cut off, as they know his true nature (Utrom in robot body). I think the same applies for the Utrom Council, so this exchange referring to the Shredder...

Council Member #2: "Could he still be alive?"

Guardian Dorn (Radio VO): "Possible. He has deceived us before."

... would seem to need reworking.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....er-3-2002.html
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #363
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Inserting both Lloyd and Laird thought the Guardians shouldn't think the Shredder was dead. Yet that made it into the episode anyway.

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....er-3-2002.html
I'm glad they had the foresight to recognize that point. It was weird when the flashback episodes revealed that they should have known all along.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #364
CyberCubed
Overlord

Laird has almost finished posting his notes for the entire series. He started halfway into Season 2 and to the end of Turtles Forever...and now he went back and has finished almost all of Season 1.

All he has to do now is post his notes for the first half of Season 2 and he should be done.

Then...maybe he can finish Volume 4?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #365
oldmanwinters
Overlord

In his most recent update, Laird expressed his bewilderment of April's "lab attire":

Quote:
The major thing which has got me a little worried, and maybe you can say something that will easily allay my fears, is the issue of April's outfit. When you were up here for our meeting last week, I remember you saying some stuff about how slavishly the animators in Korea follow the model sheets and storyboards, which occasionally results in weird/undesirable things happening. Well, as I watched April in her lab coat and belly shirt (a combination which was okay but looked a BIT odd), I began to wonder if we were seeing the beginning of another situation where -- even though I know we talked about this, and agreed that she should wear different clothes sometimes -- April would be seen wearing the exact same thing in episode after episode. I don't recall seeing any model sheets showing April in different outfits... were there any done?

I know we all don't want to repeat the horrible Fred Wolf-era mistake of keeping April in one set of clothes forever (boring!), so I was wondering what ideas you have for solving that problem. Obviously some of the episodes are far enough along in the animation production line that if April is wearing the same pants/sneakers/belly shirt getup in them, it's too late to change . On the other hand, might we attempt to change this situation in some of the shows which are NOT that far along? (Assuming the problem that I am talking about actually does exist, of course.) What would it take -- supplying a specific new model sheet of April in a different outfit (or outfits) for each episode in which we decide she should have changed her clothes?

I think that some careful attention to this might result in benefits such as making the show more appealing to girls (who pick up on that kind of thing right away) as well as opening up a greater possibility of doing April fashion doll-style toys (Barbie scale). I talked with my daughter about this, and she has some interest in possibly sketching out what she thinks might be some different cool outfits for April, if you think that would be helpful.

Come to think of it, although it's clearly most important where April is concerned, it might not be a bad idea if we kept this idea in mind for all of our major human characters, especially Casey.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....0-2003-re.html

I guess his feedback must have paid off in some sense, since April ended up having more outfit changes (and official model sheets) than any other character in the show; definitely a rarity in children's animation.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #366
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I don't know about you all,but the belly shirt did not seem to fit April. I am glad it was changed after a short while because it didn't seem to fit.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #367
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Peter posted an odd item with the TMNT brand from the 2003 cartoon branding days. A tan lotion applicationor of Donatello! Wierd. I never have seen this one. Peter posted it to ask and I am curious myself,have any of you seen this or own this specifcTMNT merchandise?

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

Jester,you have an affinity for the oscure. Winters,your all knowing and a a fellow blog poster? Azrael or Dr. Spengler?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #368
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Peter posted an odd item with the TMNT brand from the 2003 cartoon branding days. A tan lotion applicationor of Donatello! Wierd. I never have seen this one. Peter posted it to ask and I am curious myself,have any of you seen this or own this specifcTMNT merchandise?

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

Jester,you have an affinity for the oscure. Winters,your all knowing and a a fellow blog poster? Azrael or Dr. Spengler?
Nope, I don't ever remember seeing that one.

Here's the full link, BTW:
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....m-2k3-era.html

Also, I hope Mr. Laird finds his notes soon!
Quote:
Followers of this blog have probably noticed that I have not posted any "behind the scenes of the 2K3 TMNT show" emails lately. That's because I had been having a problem getting the emails off my old desktop computer in a consistently good form. Almost half of the ones I transferred had weird text corruptions and/or were incomplete. And with the holidays coming on, I had other things to deal with. I hope to get back to those emails shortly.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #369
rufus
Stone Warrior

New Blast from the past 4KIDS notes.http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, lloyd goldfine, peter laird