The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Peter Laird Original Art

Hello. I am looking to buy original TMNT art by Peter Laird. My preference is for a full figure drawing. Please let me know if you have a piece that you are open to selling. Thank you.

Last edited by TurtlesFan; 12-28-2020 at 10:37 AM.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 26,447
You're probably already aware, but Steve Lavigne of Mirage has a FB page called Shellback Artworks through which he sells old TMNT art, & occasionally Pete's stuff pops up. He sometimes even does a few new sketches on the fly for Steve to sell, usually quick sharpie pieces of a bust or full body. May be worth hitting him up & inquiring if he's got anything laying around. Alternatively you could check Comicartfans.com - Good luck, his stuff's a bit tricky to come by!
__________________



I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You're probably already aware, but Steve Lavigne of Mirage has a FB page called Shellback Artworks through which he sells old TMNT art, & occasionally Pete's stuff pops up. He sometimes even does a few new sketches on the fly for Steve to sell, usually quick sharpie pieces of a bust or full body. May be worth hitting him up & inquiring if he's got anything laying around. Alternatively you could check Comicartfans.com - Good luck, his stuff's a bit tricky to come by!
Thanks Powder! good to hear from you.

I have checked with Shellback Artworks over the last several months and they have not had a full figure drawing by Peter Laird in that time. Unfortunately, just before I first reached out to them they sold some fantastic drawings which I would have loved to own but I was a bit too late. I continue to check their page and would love to buy directly from the artist.

I also checked Comicartfans.com but the owners of the art were not looking to sell.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtlesFan View Post
Thanks Powder! good to hear from you.

I have checked with Shellback Artworks over the last several months and they have not had a full figure drawing by Peter Laird in that time. Unfortunately, just before I first reached out to them they sold some fantastic drawings which I would have loved to own but I was a bit too late. I continue to check their page and would love to buy directly from the artist.

I also checked Comicartfans.com but the owners of the art were not looking to sell.
Can you commission Laird himself? Is he taking open requests?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:38 AM   #5
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
As far as I'm aware Mr. Laird is not open to commissions at all.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:21 PM   #6
King Kahn
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 515
Comic art fans.com is a good place to search or get a lead on any original art you art looking for.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:38 PM   #7
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
All great suggestions above. This piece is also available in case you haven't found what you are looking for yet:
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #8
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Thanks OA. PM sent.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:20 AM   #9
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 1,605
Great piece, thanks for sharing!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:19 PM   #10
sweatyhong
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Maine
Posts: 6
Peter Laird Artwork

That is such a nice piece. I have a Kevin Eastman doodle he did on a mini pizza box. I feel like Laird must be rarer to get.
sweatyhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:55 AM   #11
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Still looking for a Peter Laird drawing. If anyone has a full figure Peter Laird drawing of a Turtle (red bandanna) colored by Steve Lavigne and are open to selling it please let me know. Thanks!
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:31 PM   #12
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Still looking. Thank you.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #13
trl0802
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: NYC
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
All great suggestions above. This piece is also available in case you haven't found what you are looking for yet:
https://i.imgur.com/rWm7vdN.jpg
Wow, great piece. Thanks for sharing!
trl0802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:31 AM   #14
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Still searching for Peter Laird art. If anyone is looking to sell please let me know. Thank you.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:41 AM   #15
TurtlesFan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 28
Still looking for Peter Laird art. Thanks.
TurtlesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
original art, peter laird, tmnt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.