The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #461
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://movieweb.com/amp/batwoman-ru...n-for-leaving/
Quote:
"I did find out that I was allergic to latex ... unfortunately, my mask is latex," Ruby Rose explained. "I was getting worse and worse, because as you get more contact with it, I guess you get more reactions. I took off the (mask) at the end, and my face was just hives. My throat was all messed up." The Australian actress added, "It was like it was out of a scary movie."

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-17-2021 at 10:53 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #462
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
So that's it? They couldn't make it out of styrene or put some insulation on it or something?

Hm. Must be true.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:40 PM   #463
Sumac
Foot Elite

There were some cases, when actors and actresses quit due to make up being outright toxic, so it doesn't surprise me.

What surprises me why it took so long to tell it, when its nothing bad.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #464
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Wow, CW. You didn't learn what Fox did years ago.

‘Batwoman’: Victoria Cartagena To Play Renee Montoya In Season 3 Of CW Drama

They got rid of the actress and the character because neither of them were well-received. This lady ABSOLUTELY SUCKED as Renee Montoya on Gotham and was one of the reasons why I immediately gave up on that show. She and the writers made Montoya an unlikeable drunk hussy. That version was nothing like the one on Batman: The Animated Series.

Here is the REAL Renee Montoya. The writers of the show knew what they were doing here.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #465
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bat...-3-1235052276/

Bridget Regan cast as Poison Ivy

Quote:
Regan will appear on “Batwoman” in a recurring guest star role. This is not her first time in a live-action comic book series, having previously appeared on the ABC series “Agent Carter.” She recently starred in the limited series “Paradise Lost” and is also known for roles on shows like “The Last Ship,” “Jane the Virgin,” and “White Collar.”

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 08-30-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #466
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Surprised they actually cast a redhead in the role. Guess Ivy is a legacy character so they didn't pull the POC as a redhead role they do a lot lately

Old 08-31-2021, 02:59 AM   #467
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That's good...hopefully they bring in Kite Man to be her boyfriend since Harley isn't in this (and Kite always was better for Pam)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:16 AM   #468
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That's good...hopefully they bring in Kite Man to be her boyfriend since Harley isn't in this (and Kite always was better for Pam)
[A lot of angry muttering]
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #469
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Mad Hatter and Killer Croc are in Season 3

Old 10-14-2021, 08:32 PM   #470
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

First look at Killer Croc in Batwoman

Old 10-20-2021, 08:02 AM   #471
Papenbrook
It's Just Exhausting ...

Ruby Rose has just exposed the horrific incidents/conditions that occurred behind the scenes.

Oh my God. How can such a television set be this unregulated, unprepared, and unsafe?

Last edited by Papenbrook; 10-20-2021 at 08:07 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:59 AM   #472
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Each new version of Croc is making him look more and more like the Lizard. Cool design but fits Spidey's villain more.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:18 AM   #473
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Ruby Rose has just exposed the horrific incidents/conditions that occurred behind the scenes.

Oh my God. How can such a television set be this unregulated, unprepared, and unsafe?
And this is why IATSE shouldn't have blinked.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #474
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Warners gives "response"

Quote:
"Despite the revisionist history that Ruby Rose is now sharing online aimed at the producers, the cast and crew, the network, and the Studio, the truth is that Warner Bros. Television had decided not to exercise its option to engage Ruby for season two of Batwoman based on multiple complaints about workplace behavior that were extensively reviewed and handled privately out of respect for all concerned," Warner Bros. Television said in a statement released this afternoon.
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/warner...oman-comments/

Old 10-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #475
Sumac
Foot Elite

As if anyone believes megacorporation...right?
Old 10-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #476
IMJ
Foot Elite

LMFAO at all of this "Batwoman" drama. This is what should've happened with Brie Larson, but instead of firing her completely and losing face, Marvel is making her sequel an ensemble movie
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:34 AM   #477
Leo656
The Franchise

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...ycsrp_catchall

Quote:
Ruby Rose's former 'Batwoman' colleagues respond to her allegations: 'Entirely made up and never happened'
--------

Another Batwoman cast member who disagreed with Rose's take on the show was Camrus Johnson, who plays Luke Fox. He tweeted late Wednesday that he felt compelled to respond to Rose's comments.

"But yea fam, she was fired," Johnson said. "And it is VERY hard to be fired when you're the lead. Imagine what u have to do for that 2 happen."
-----------

Meanwhile, Comic Book Resources obtained a lengthy statement from a former production assistant on the show — now the founder and CEO of Constellate Films — who called Rose's season on Batwoman a "reign of cruelty." He said that while the crew was dedicated and hardworking, Rose had regularly showed up late without knowing her lines and treated the crew members poorly, as though they were beneath her.

"She stormed off set, she yelled at people, and whenever she interacted with any of us production assistants, we were disregarded as the trash we picked up," he said.
Two sides to everything, of course. But all of this lines up fairly well with everything I'd ever heard previously. I never met Ruby Rose, and I wasn't on the set. But I've not heard any especially good things about her as a person, like ever.

I don't doubt that she got hurt at one point but I also can totally believe that she was being a complete and total diva regardless of that. I always heard people saying she was a nightmare, way, way before I ever heard one word about her getting hurt.

So, she probably did get hurt. But she also probably got fired for being a total bitch.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:44 PM   #478
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ruby is releasing screencaps of e-mails and text messages as evidence of her allegations

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/batwoman...ails-messages/
Old 10-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #479
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Warner Bros Television has stepped in to defend actor Dougray Scott after his former Batwoman co-star Ruby Rose made further accusations via social media.

The studio has called Scott — who played Kate Kane/Batwoman’s father, Colonel Jacob Kane, on The CW series — a “consummate professional” and stated that there have never been any “allegation against him of bullying, or of abusive behavior on his part.” The studio also reiterated that Rose was fired over “multiple complaints about workplace behavior.”

“We condemn the comments made by Ruby Rose about Dougray Scott. Warner Bros. has found Mr. Scott to be a consummate professional, and never received any allegation against him of bullying, or of abusive behavior on his part. Mr. Scott was greatly respected and admired by his colleagues, and was a leader on the set,” the studio noted in a statement. “Warner Bros. Television did not pick up Ruby Rose’s option for an additional season because of multiple complaints about workplace behavior that were extensively reviewed by the Studio.”

https://deadline.com/2021/10/warner-...se-1234861859/
Old 10-25-2021, 09:16 PM   #480
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd have to find it and I can't be bothered right this minute. But I read an article earlier today where one of the production assistants doubled-down on their criticism of Rose, calling her a "tyrant" on-set and alleging that she was out "partying and getting high" all the time and then constantly coming to the set unprepared and in a foul mood.

Another "bad marriage" situation.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubedyou'vedoneitagain