The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #2021
ZariusTwo
Overlord

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:45 AM   #2022
ZariusTwo
Overlord

New photos

Spoiler:

Old 10-07-2021, 02:54 AM   #2023
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

The rumours doing the rounds is that the BBC was going to cancel Who again, and that's why RTD has stepped in, not only to take over running things again but to "save" the franchise. His production company (together with HBO seemingly) take over a lot of the funding and costs, together with a larger slice of the revenue from third party sources, and the BBC still gets the rights to broadcast and the usual sundries. Whether or not that's the case will come out in the wash I suppose, but it probably means RTD will have a lot more creative control as a result compared to before.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #2024
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #2025
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Old 10-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #2026
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bad Wolf Productions is to be snatched up by Sony

https://www.screendaily.com/news/son...164171.article
Old 10-13-2021, 12:37 PM   #2027
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And that's it, specials have wrapped and Jodie is done

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...RA5U99o-Q&s=19

Old 10-14-2021, 02:40 AM   #2028
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some new details emerging on 'Flux'

All episodes will be written, or co-written, by Chibnall. The only other writer returning will be series 12's Maxine Alderton, who wrote 'The Haunting of Villa Diodati'

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-wh...ails-announced

First look at The Sontarans

https://twitter.com/gbsheard/status/1448579934964834311

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-14-2021 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #2029
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Jodie has filmed the Regeneration Scene

Quote:
Doctor Who lead Jodie Whittaker has announced that she's already filmed her regeneration scene, all without meeting her replacement. Whittaker, who has been starring as the 13th Doctor since her debut in 2017, recently wrapped on filming the upcoming season alongside Mandip Gill who plays her companion, Yasmin Kahn.
Quote:
The 14th Doctor, whose actor or actress has not been revealed, was not present when Whittaker filmed the regeneration scene. As Whittaker stated to Metro.co.uk,

“They are never going to tell me who it is. We filmed some scenes but the new Doctor wasn’t there. I wasn’t there for Peter (Capaldi), and I only met him months later when I passed him in the street!”
https://collider.com/doctor-who-jodi...cene-comments/

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #2030
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jodie's appearance on the Graham Norton Show in the UK tonight will air a little later than billed due to the coverage of a high profile murder of a local MP in the country. May or may not affect when the trailer for series 13 is due out.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:13 PM   #2031
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 10-16-2021, 12:52 AM   #2032
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The trail for the show’s thirteenth series, entitled Doctor Who: Flux, has revealed a first look at the guest actors and monsters that will feature across the six-episode serial.

Joining cast members Jodie Whittaker, Mandip Gill, John Bishop and Jacob Anderson are:

Robert Bathurst (Cold Feet, Toast Of London, Downton Abbey), Thaddea Graham (The Irregulars, Us), Blake Harrison (The Inbetweeners, A Very English Scandal, World On Fire), Kevin McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean, Designated Survivor, Downton Abbey), Craig Parkinson (Line of Duty, Intergalactic, The English Game), Sara Powell (Unforgotten, Damned), Annabel Scholey (The Split, Britannia), Gerald Kyd (Cold Feet, Britannia) and Penelope Ann McGhie (The Crown, Harry Potter).

The trail also offered a preview of returning monsters - Sontarans, Weeping Angels, Cybermen, and the Ood, as well as a range of new monsters, one of whom is named Karvanista.

Doctor Who monster Karvanista, a creature who resembles a man with the head of a scruffy copper coloured dog, holding a large scythe.
Karvanista
The new series of Doctor Who airs on BBC One and BBC iPlayer on October 31st with further casting to be announced in due course.

Matt Strevens, Executive Producer, says: “I can’t wait for the audience to come on the Flux ride with us. It’s our biggest adventure yet with so many brilliant new characters to fall in love with. We had a blast making it.”

Robert Bathurst says: “People say Doctor Who is science fiction. Fiction? No it’s all real, and it’s as scary to do as it looks. Great to be part of it.”

Thaddea Graham says: “The whole cast/ crew welcomed me with open arms into the iconic Doctor Who family of which it is an absolute privilege to be part of. It's a real honour to share the magic of this universe with them and, of course, our wonderful audience this October!”

Blake Harrison says: “It’s a pleasure to be a part of this huge show that has such a passionate fan base! I hope all the Doctor Who fans enjoy the new series and my role in it.”

Kevin McNally says: “I am thrilled to be helping the Doctor put the universe to rights in the latest season of Doctor Who.”

Craig Parkinson says: ‘‘I feel tremendously lucky to have joined the Doctor Who family this season. Chris’ scripts are witty, intelligent and full of light and shade, making my job as an actor extremely enjoyable! My son loves the show and as long as he gives me his seal of approval I’ll know I’ve done it justice!”

Sara Powell says: “A role in Doctor Who is top of any actors wish list. To say I leapt at the chance is something of an understatement. Working with Jodie Whittaker - an iconic Doctor and actor - was also on my list. She was a legend. As were the cast and crew: indoors, outdoors, in winter, in Wales in the rain and mud, everyone wearing masks and being tested every 5 minutes: I loved stepping onto their ship and riding with them for a while.”

Annabel Scholey says: “I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of the 13th series of Doctor Who. It was a lot of fun to film and I enjoyed every minute I spent with the amazing cast and crew...Halloween will be that little bit more spooky this year!”

Gerald Kyd says: “I absolutely adored being a part of such an iconic show. There’s nothing like it. The history, the stories, the utter devotion of the fanbase. I am honoured to now count Doctor Who as a credit. Oh, and the highlight amongst highlights was working with the wonderful, hilarious and irrepressible Jodie Whittaker.”

Penelope McGhie says: “Doctor Who was a total joy to work on. Everyone was so welcoming and generous that I really felt part of the team. Having watched the show from behind the sofa over fifty years ago, and then again with our daughter when the series was revived, I can’t believe how lucky I am to be part of the adventure!”
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...ctors-monsters
Old 10-16-2021, 04:40 AM   #2033
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Extra bit of fun. Coldplay performed on Graham Norton and invited Jodie on stage

Old 10-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #2034
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Old 10-29-2021, 07:11 AM   #2035
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Old 11-01-2021, 02:16 AM   #2036
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This story was very much in 'go' mode from the outset, which I hope isn't too difficult for lapsed viewers to follow. Mandip I thought put in her best performance to date as Yaz and it's refreshing that she seems to needle at The Doctor a lot more, growing impatient with her refusal to let her in as a confidant. Dan is lively, witty, and asks all the right questions for a new companion, a pity there was less between him and The Doctor, but his banter with Yaz was on point. I'm not a big fan of the Flux phenomenon as it feels too similar to other universe-ending events in classic Who, and the lead villain I think is from The Doctor's days serving in the division
Old 11-04-2021, 03:02 AM   #2037
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The BBC is pushing back on reports that it will give up "creative direction" of Doctor Who once Russell T Davies returns to the series.

Davies, who brought Doctor Who back to BBC One in 2005, is going to run the science fiction show once again after Jodie Whittaker's Doctor regenerates in 2022.

The deal to bring Davies and his production partners at Bad Wolf back into the fold at Doctor Who is now the subject of financial and creative interest for the BBC.

The Times published a report claiming that Bad Wolf would take over producing Doctor Who from BBC Studios, potentially causing a loss of £40 million for the BBC for every ten episodes made.

According to this report, Bad Wolf would also take control of "creative direction" of the show, while the BBC would move into selling the series overseas.

A spokesperson for BBC Studios has since responded by clarifying that the BBC will continue having commercial oversight as a way to further establish Doctor Who as a global brand.

"We're incredibly excited about the future of Doctor Who. BBC Studios is ultimately responsible for delivering the show and this production partnership is about long-term investment that will radically build on the already huge success of the show and franchise worldwide," a BBC representative said.

The BBC stunned fans in September by announcing that Russell T Davies would return as showrunner of Doctor Who nearly 12 years after he left the show.

Davies said at that time: "I'm beyond excited to be back on my favourite show. But we're time-travelling too fast, there's a whole series of Jodie Whittaker's brilliant Doctor for me to enjoy, with my friend and hero Chris Chibnall at the helm. I'm still a viewer for now."

The writer will take over Doctor Who for the show's 60th anniversary in 2023 and future series
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a38138...ative-control/
Old 11-05-2021, 09:21 AM   #2038
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Classic Who writer and Co-creator of Omega and K-9 Bob Baker has died

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 11-07-2021, 03:18 PM   #2039
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Another really good episode from Chibs. This is shaping up to be the best thing he's done for Who since the second series of Torchwood.

The Sontarans weren't retreating back in Liverpool, so that justified Karvinista and Dan taking action. The General in the meantime pulled a Harriet Jones.

I liked that there wasn't much wokery with the guest historical character and it's her jotting down observational notes that helps save the day. I liked that the comic relief Sontaran wound up being murdered, as well as some of the human resistance in Liverpool. The big gripe I had though was there was so little of Liverpool resisting the Sontarans (can't be helped though...covid), Dan had plot armour on the whole time, his parents conveniently turn up, hand him the Wok, and then are never seen or mentioned again.

The fact is the story had a riveting and very pacy string of a, b, and c plots that, while they didn't weave together very tightly, it all had me curious as to what the grander scheme is. Swarm is a deliciously vile villain who has all the answers yet changes every question, and he got to put his hands on Yaz, something all of us have secretly harboured.

And until the show says otherwise, that was definitely Lungbarrow at the start.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 11-07-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #2040
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I gave this week's episode a generous six out of ten

it told a complex story in a simplistic easy-to-follow manner, with several bursts of exposition holding the audience's hand, but Yaz and Dan didn't have anything really interesting to do while lost in the timestorm. The more I see of that historical figure in the mines the more I'm reminded of "Time's Arrow" from the Next Generation. The Doctor and Vinder had the most intriguing stories, and I'd even say Vinders' absolutely nailed it as the best one to sit through. The Weeping Angels were also great.

What was with those adobe budget Daleks?

I think everyone's guessed who the unborn kid is...

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, toxic masculinity