View Poll Results: Ch'rell or Venus
Ch'rell 12 24.49%
Venus 37 75.51%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

Ch'rell or Venus

Which of these two character do you feel was more controversial?
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

In the moment, Ch'rell. Legacy wise, Venus.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I feel like the Chr'ell concept made Shredder not really Shredder in the 2003 cartoon in a subconscious amaglamation(sp?) of Shredder and Krang and as much as I dislike the concept along with making a oneoff clone Rat King . Venus is a female turtle shoehorned in out of nowhere and really hurts the concept of all male mutant turtles 4 TMNT and maybe a bizarro mutant turtle. She is one of the two things TMNT I pretend don't exist.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-17-2013 at 08:41 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I thought Venus was actually an interesting idea for a character, but just poorly executed. Utrom Shredder on the other hand was just a dumb way to get around the head chopping scene in "Return to New York".

"Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow."
- Chevy Chase; Saturday Night Live
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

I like chrell hes cooool better than 87 shredder
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ch'rell is a very popular character as the 4kids Shredder when he was Oroku Saki , maybe not so much as an Utrom without his "human persona."

Venus is one of the most hated characters in the most hated TMNT incarnation. Pretty obvious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Ch'rell tends to get a pass since the show was already three seasons in, and using Utrom powers was a good way to get around the idea of Shredder coming back to life. He wasn't disliked by Peter/Kevin either.

Venus on the other hand was just as a way to woo the preteen/teenage audience who watched the OT as a cute concept along with having the Power Rangers concept of 5 against one big monster. If Venus' origin was more clearly explained, her story could have been more respectable.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
grungethemovie
Foot Soldier

venus is fanfic material XD

though i'm not crazy about 4k, ch'rell is a cool concept (AMALGAMATION) shredder+krang combo at least served as a nice little twist in turtles forever XD
grungethemovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Utrom "powers"? Is that like a trained ninja having (and losing) "Turtle Powers"?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

I find it funny that Ch'rell just happened to have the same voice and personality of the Tengu Shredder.....what of the odds lol? With Cyber Shredder, I can see Ch'rell programming his personality and voice into it.

Yes, Ch'rell as an utrom had a chipmunk voice in secret origin, but that was later ignored in future episodes.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post
I find it funny that Ch'rell just happened to have the same voice and personality of the Tengu Shredder.....what of the odds lol? With Cyber Shredder, I can see Ch'rell programming his personality and voice into it.

Yes, Ch'rell as an utrom had a chipmunk voice in secret origin, but that was later ignored in future episodes.
I figured Ch'rell must have programmed the Shredder suit to use Tengu Shredder's voice. How and why Ch'rell's utrom outside Shredder suit voice has changed has always been a mystery to me.

I like Ch'rell better than Venus.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Ch'rell never has bothered me that much. He fit in with the show IMO.

Venus...no...just no.

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Venus was, figuratively and literally, stupid.

I've got no problems with mutant female characters, but not somebody painfully naive and with weird shell-boobs, shoehorned into the regular Turtles dynamic.

Ch'rell is fine. His being an Utrom doesn't negate his capabilities as a villain one bit, and I think he was one of the breakout things about 4Kids. An interesting idea that played out just fine, bringing separate parts of the Mirage continuity (Shredder and Utroms) together and making it work.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Utrom Shredder on the other hand was just a dumb way to get around the head chopping scene in "Return to New York".
You're like the kid at the beginning of Jurassic Park who compares Velociraptor to a Turkey.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
Venus was, figuratively and literally, stupid.

I've got no problems with mutant female characters, but not somebody painfully naive and with weird shell-boobs, shoehorned into the regular Turtles dynamic.

Ch'rell is fine. His being an Utrom doesn't negate his capabilities as a villain one bit, and I think he was one of the breakout things about 4Kids. An interesting idea that played out just fine, bringing separate parts of the Mirage continuity (Shredder and Utroms) together and making it work.
When you stop and think about it, both the 2003 cartoon and OT feature 4 mutant turtles battling a brain-like space warlord. We see Shredder as a human ninja master in so many versions, why can't the 2003 series do something different for a change?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
miru
Mad Scientist

I wuv Venus. Reminds me of Blaze from Sonic the Hedgehog. I want her to return on the Nick show, maybe mutated from spike. Ch'rell on the other hand... he's disgusting. Killed millions, took over New York, and even tried to destroy all of existence. Kinda like SATAM Robotnik. Worst of all, because we were okay with Ch'Rell, Michael Bay tried to turn the Turtles into aliens.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Weren't the turtles sexist at one point in Next Mutation? My memory is bad, but wasn't Ralph angry that he was beaten by a girl(Venus) in one episode, knowing Ralph's ego? You know shows where the guy characters will diss the token girl character because....well.....she is a girl?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I wuv Venus. Reminds me of Blaze from Sonic the Hedgehog. I want her to return on the Nick show, maybe mutated from spike. Ch'rell on the other hand... he's disgusting. Killed millions, took over New York, and even tried to destroy all of existence. Kinda like SATAM Robotnik. Worst of all, because we were okay with Ch'Rell, Michael Bay tried to turn the Turtles into aliens.
.................................................. ...............................
Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #19
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Not sure if serious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post
Weren't the turtles sexist at one point in Next Mutation? My memory is bad, but wasn't Ralph angry that he was beaten by a girl(Venus) in one episode, knowing Ralph's ego? You know shows where the guy characters will diss the token girl character because....well.....she is a girl?
Alot of the episodes tend to play that sub plot. Venus is a girl she is different there fore she doesn't fit in. It was nice the first few times because yeah she didn't fit in. But almost every episode ugh.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think the answer should be obvious. Ch'rell is better than Venus by a long shot.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ch'rell, venus de milo