The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #41
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I love the new cartoon and the new movie, Its made for a new generation, Your just trying to instigate things, For that I'm just gonna ignore and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #42
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Some people just needs to learn to deal with it, This new version of TMNT, The TV Show, and the new Movie, Are aimed at a new generation. Some people just don't like change.
And here you're trying to reframe the entire issue into something it never was.

While it's true that some don't like change, that's not true for everyone, or even most. The TMNT property has seen a ton of change over its 30 years - every iteration is different in some way from what came before, and most fans are able to roll with that and enjoy what comes next as long as the quality is good overall or it feels "right". And that's exactly the point here that you're trying to divert the conversation from - it's not about change, it's about quality. To many of us, this movie is just bad. Badly-written and badly-produced. It feels "wrong". Even to many of those who went into it with an open mind. And most of those who disliked the thing can back up their opinions very well.

I get that you don't like that, but don't act like everyone who disagrees with you is "closed-minded" or "hates change". It's insulting and false.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
But I DO NOT want a reboot. I do want bay gone, I do want a new writing and directing and producing staff
Agree on all that, would rather move on to improving it if at all possible. A reboot in the future to refamiliarize people with it if the Turtles were away from tv and movies for a while, that's one thing, but not this soon... all it might result in is some other block buster film team and another wacky idea and we never get any further.

Really do kind of despise the "new generation" sentiment... Welcome in the newcomers, but I ain't dead yet. Advances in movie technology and mediums aren't made for generations, they're just made.

People have been rather funny about change in regard to this though. People cry about "accepting change" but then they themselves may be adamant that certain things have to be included. (Like rap and defending that awful song on the basis of TMNT always including rap. Maybe it's time to try another music genre.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-31-2014 at 01:10 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Some people just needs to learn to deal with it, This new version of TMNT, The TV Show, and the new Movie, Are aimed at a new generation. Some people just don't like change.
How are you missing the point?

Change isn't what people don't like. It's abominations of movies like the new TMNT that people don't like.

I love the new tv series.

I love the new comic series.

I hate this movie.

Yep, I clearly have a problem with change.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #45
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

To those woh dislike the movie, question; would you go see a sequel written by Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz, and Produced solely by Eastman (and maybe From, but no bay)? Just curious

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:30 PM   #46
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Some people just don't like change.
That's absurd. People like change, we just don't like changes that make something suck. Case in point, every single thing about this movie.

You wanna know why people like the Nick show and the IDW comics so much? Because not only do they tell good stories, they're still faithful to the source material while still being there own thing. Something this movie failed to do. THAT'S why so many people were against it in the first place. Saying that it's made for a new generation is no excuse to not criticize its faults.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #47
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
To those woh dislike the movie, question; would you go see a sequel written by Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz, and Produced solely by Eastman (and maybe From, but no bay)? Just curious
Set in the same universe with the same cast and the same production values?
No, probably not.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:34 PM   #48
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
A sequel with these same actors and design elements and tone?

Nope.

Soft to hard reboot with whole new cast and crew or I don't pay to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #49
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

*shrugs* fair enough, I guess everyone has their personal sticking points. Just like I would despise an origin retread.

thanks.

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:47 PM   #50
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
If it had the same tone and general "feel" as the first, I wouldn't.

If it was the same cast but a total change in tone and whatnot, I'd be cautiously optimistic about that.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #51
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

while eastman is a co creator...no i wouldnt..love the guy but he isnt the clear minded guy to lead his franchise

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #52
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
while eastman is a co creator...no i wouldnt..love the guy but he isnt the clear minded guy to lead his franchise
Again fair enough, it's a matter of personal taste. I personally steered clear of TMNT during the decade of Laird's solo tenure as head of the franchise, because I don't care for his interpretation.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #53
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
I'd be a lot more curious to see it, at the very least. I don't want to say anything's unsalvageable - I've read enough comics in my life to know a good, new creative team can turn almost anything around. But for my tastes, you'd have to change so much (including tone, backstory, character designs and some cast) that it'd probably be smarter and easier to just reboot. Unfortunately they got so much wrong with the first one that it'd take some kind of miracle to course-correct enough in a sequel.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #54
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
The 2014 TMNT movie is officially the most successful movie of 2014 combination of theater, dvd, and digital sales. There is zero chance they blow it up and start over.
Well I skimmed through an article, and half read a headline, I should have done more research before making that claim. I am wrong about that. However, the movie made them a ton of money, and continues to make money through dvd, and digital sales. It's NOT getting rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It was apparently the most Feminist movie of 2014, according to Forbes.
So I guess it has that going for it?
I saw this article, that was written by a MAN. He would know true feminism....
Old 12-31-2014, 02:46 PM   #55
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I saw this article, that was written by a MAN. He would know true feminism....
He might. You never know.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #56
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
And there's the evidence.

When you like something that someone else doesn't, They result to yelling and saying expletives.

These are the kinds of things you have to ignore.
I'm not really sure one persons lapse is really evidence of anything.

While you're generally polite a lot of this movie's defenders have been the ones to resort to insults and expletives far more than people with criticisms against it.

Not to mention a lot of the defenders including...if not particularly yourself are very condescending in your defense with constant claims that the rest of us are "stuck in the past" or "only appreciate one version" or "can't handle change" but that's not true at all, is it?. Look around. This is a board with many sections devoted to different versions of TMNT. I can only think one active member that claims to only really like one version and even then he seems to appreciate and respect a few others. As far as I know everyone seems cool with different interpretations.

Of the current output I personally like the Nickelodeon show, okay with the IDW comics but loathed the new movie. Clearly it's not that I can't handle change or any of the other claims you make otherwise we wouldn't like other current versions it's just that I don't the movie. The same is just a true for others; and you know that but still persist brushing it off seemingly as a way to ignore valid criticisms. At this point it almost seems like baiting people because you must have seen by now how this kind of response provokes a reaction.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #57
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Exactly. I get really sick of people who say that we're not "true fans" just because we don't like this movie. We don't have to like it to be a true fan. I like the Nick show, and that's all I need because the people behind it respect the franchise and the source material. The people who made this movie didn't care about any of it and just stuck together something they thought would be good but wasn't. I'm a TMNT fan, but if being a true fan means I have to like this movie, then count me out. I'll stick with the Nick show, thank you very much.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #58
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Exactly. I get really sick of people who say that we're not "true fans" just because we don't like this movie.
agreed on this

i mean i like some weird tmnt things..I actually like Next Mutation and THE Out of their Shells Tour

but i dont claim those that dont arnt "True tmnt fans" because they dont like all thats TMNT

Old 12-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #59
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't like Next Mutation, but if you do, that's cool. The whole point of being a fan is that there are some things we like and some things we don't like, but we're still fans of the boys in green. That's what brings us together, and to insult a percentage of people who didn't like this movie is just bad taste and narrow-minded.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:12 PM   #60
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I don't like Next Mutation, but if you do, that's cool.
and see i have no issues with you saying you dont like it...granted i don't love it..its more of a quilty pleasure..but im not gonna sit here and berate you

im sure there are TMNT things you like i dont

as you said its not the individual things of TMNT we like or dislike its the TMNT idea that brings us here

Tags
reboot