The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
Xav
Foot Elite

This series needs a reboot

Honestly I think the only way to save this series is to do a soft reboot. Have the Turtles start out already have defeated Shredder once, but make no references to the previous film. Sorta what TMNT tried to do but done better.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

I'm thinking/hoping Nick's TMNT might get to that eventually. But as for a completely separate rendition...I don't see that happening. Not while a TV show and film franchise are both in the works. It'd be cool, though, for sure.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #3
B-Man
Hench Mutant

For those who don't like the movie, the good news is that there's no guarantee it'll go any further than the sequel. If part 2 makes less than 1, it's game over. The Neil Patrick Harris-lead Smurfs movie surpassed all expectations, becoming one of 2011's major blockbusters. 2013's The Smurfs 2 was also a smash, but it's total was quite a bit less. So the studio quickly announced an all-CGI reboot (deleting all human elements), due next summer. Three years is a fast turnaround for a reboot. If TMNT 2 makes a lot less than the original, there's a good chance Paramount will wanna reboot & come at it from a different angle.

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Maybe they can join the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That seems to be the popular way to bail out a major film franchise these days.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Maybe they can join the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That seems to be the popular way to bail out a major film franchise these days.
Lol!
Well, if Spiderman is in it, what do the TMNT have to loose?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
For those who don't like the movie, the good news is that there's no guarantee it'll go any further than the sequel. If part 2 makes less than 1, it's game over. The Neil Patrick Harris-lead Smurfs movie surpassed all expectations, becoming one of 2011's major blockbusters. 2013's The Smurfs 2 was also a smash, but it's total was quite a bit less. So the studio quickly announced an all-CGI reboot (deleting all human elements), due next summer. Three years is a fast turnaround for a reboot. If TMNT 2 makes a lot less than the original, there's a good chance Paramount will wanna reboot & come at it from a different angle.
I doubt it, They will continue making the movies as long as it makes back the money it cost to make, The 2nd film has a new director, A director whose familiar with making family friendly films, Even all the previous TMNT films were family friendly.

Like it or not, the TMNT movies appeal to all ages.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Who's saying otherwise?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The series does not need a reboot, They can improve on it and make it better with each sequel, Given that the sequel has a new director, There is no telling what the tone is going to be like, Maybe it'll be darker? Who knows, Maybe it'll be something like Secret of the Ooze? Who knows.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #9
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Yes. TMNT 2 was geared more towards kids, though.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #10
Amaranthus
Banned

I think people who don't like the new movies should let it go. This includes me.
They won't cancel it. Get over it and focus on TMNT stuff you like.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #11
Mew
Banned

Quote:
The series does not need a reboot, They can improve on it and make it better with each sequel, Given that the sequel has a new director, There is no telling what the tone is going to be like, Maybe it'll be darker? Who knows, Maybe it'll be something like Secret of the Ooze? Who knows.
Oh, God.
That movie is childish enough.
If it was like SotO there would be product placement after product placement!
I thought there was enough in teh first movie.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #12
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Did you not notice Skype and Pizza Hutt?
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Oh, God.
That movie is childish enough.
I thought there was enough in teh first movie.
The reason why I made the Secret of the Ooze reference, was because it had Tokka and Rahzar in it, With the sequel being done, Bebop and Rocksteady will be in it.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #14
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

That's the thing about Hollywood, especially these days - there are no guarantees. If a movie doesn't live up to expectations, whatever they are, a potential sequel can turn into a reboot or something else entirely. It's pointless to say something will or won't happen like it's fact, because anything can for almost any reason. Our "audience logic" doesn't apply.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

Everybody's already too reboot-happy as it is. Plus there's nothing that a well-made sequel couldn't fix.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #16
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Plus there's nothing that a well-made sequel couldn't fix.
everyone thinks that a "Well made sequel" is gonna magically fix all the problems that we see or dont see

but in reality the problem isnt so much the movie but the people behind the movie..the studio, the producers, micheal bay

you all have faith in green but he is nothing more than a director puppet..a yes man to do whatever the big wigs say and do not talk back

even if we get a reebot as long as PD is attached it will be crap because they just dont care...they want the money at the cost of quality

saying people need to get over it is like saying people need to just accept what we get and we shouldnt, no matter what movie or studio it is we shouldnt accept lazy crap for etertainment

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 02-13-2015 at 02:01 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #17
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I think people who don't like the new movies should let it go. This includes me.
Yep. this, 100%
Old 02-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
everyone thinks that a "Well made sequel" is gonna magically fix all the problems that we see or dont see

but in reality the problem isnt so much the movie but the people behind the movie..the studio, the producers, micheal bay

you all have faith in green but he is nothing more than a director puppet..a yes man to do whatever the big wigs say and do not talk back

even if we get a reebot as long as PD is attached it will be crap because they just dont care...they want the money at the cost of quality
I've seen four films by Bay and none of them were unenjoyable. Liebesman directed a short film which I enjoyed the hell out of. These men ARE capable of good things. If your dog poops in your chair once, do you immediately get rid of him? And even in the case of a sequel, ditching everyone involved in the first one is a possibility, if you really are that adamant about that.

Quote:
no matter what movie or studio it is we shouldnt accept lazy crap for etertainment
That's taking your entertainment way too seriously, I'd say. For one, there were a lot of people who legitimately enjoyed it. Ever hear of "one man's trash is another man's treasure"? You are not the deciding factor in what constitutes as quality any more than I am. It's purely subjective.

And for another thing, it's just entertainment. You don't have to "accept" the "crap" because you don't even have to pay attention to it. It is not a necessity like air, food, water, and sleep. And even if it were, it's like food where you have almost infinite varieties to choose from. This would be like saying "I don't like what steak has become, we need to change what steak is so that it becomes palatable for me, personally, again."

If there needs to be a reboot, at least wait another 5, 10 years. We don't need another Turtle film anyway. If we do, fine. If not, also fine.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #19
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
As long as "get over it" also means "stop paying for it", then... okay, sure.

People can say what they want, though. It's not healthy to obsess on it, or anything, but I think criticizing the movie and expressing what we'd like to see had some value. But everyone's gotta remember about this version of the movie franchise: the more money you give it, the longer it's gonna last. So, friends - if you really hated the movie and don't approve of the direction it's taking the property, come June 2016 maybe keep that ticket's worth of money in your bank accounts?

I just don't get the mindset where folks feel they have to support it because they're a fan of the property. I can kind of understand if from the Mirage days, when they were independently owned by the creators, but the TMNT property is owned by a multi-billion-dollar corporation now. If one particular movie version of the property doesn't hit their "success" level, worst-case scenario, they'll give it a brief time-out and try something else. Look at Bond and Batman: when "Batman & Robin" and "Die Another Day" stunk up their respective joints, they relaunched with really great movies not that long after.

Last edited by Bry; 02-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #20
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Everybody's already too reboot-happy as it is. Plus there's nothing that a well-made sequel couldn't fix.
Though I think the first movie's backstory may have created irreconcilable problems for the franchise's mythology, I think you're probably right. Whatever backstory oversimplifications could be glossed over by Splinter (or Sachs or Saki) rephrasing words of Optimus Prime from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (terrible movie, of course):
"There is much we have kept from you."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reboot