The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #21
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Who's saying otherwise?
Pretty much everyone defending the film saying it doesn't matter as long as the kids like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Look at Bond and Batman: when "Batman & Robin" and "Die Another Day" stunk up their respective joints, they relaunched with really great movies not that long after.
Die Another Day isn't really a good example it was the highest grossing Bond film upon it's release. It was only rebooted because Pierce Brosnan wanted more money.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:34 AM   #22
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Let's face it, considering the juggernauts slated for 2016, no one outside of this forum gives a tinkers damn about the sequel. If they don't nail it this time, expect a minimum 5 year hiatus before any possibility of a reboot, and even then, resuscitation is unlikely.

They've killed this the same way they killed TF.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:41 AM   #23
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,897
How have they killed Transformers? A fifth film is coming out next year.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:42 AM   #24
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
How have they killed Transformers? A fifth film is coming out next year.
Yeah, I was just about to ask. I'm confused, too.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:05 AM   #25
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Everybody's already too reboot-happy as it is. Plus there's nothing that a well-made sequel couldn't fix.
Like the designs, actors, writers, producers, story, characters, etc?

Sounds like you're suggesting a reboot.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #26
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
How have they killed Transformers? A fifth film is coming out next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Yeah, I was just about to ask. I'm confused, too.
Oh yeah, such a success. Mc Donalds, Cigarettes, and Meth are also big money makers, if cash is your yardstick.

Only the most petulant of manchildren are clamouring for another go.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #27
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,928
Hahaha, OK, gotcha. You live in a world where multibillion dollar businesses aren't a success.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #28
Mulder
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 28
Transformers 5 is in major trouble. Its production is a mess right now, and it's probably going to be pushed back. Hasbro's even restructured their Transformers marketing plan away from Bayformers because of how up in the air, it's future is.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #29
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 6,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
Transformers 5 is in major trouble. Its production is a mess right now, and it's probably going to be pushed back. Hasbro's even restructured their Transformers marketing plan away from Bayformers because of how up in the air, it's future is.
where is your source on this Sir? Don't come here saying anything unless you can back it up. If it was in "Major Trouble" all the movie sites would be reporting it.

Spoiler for Language:


BayFormers have been doing well for Hasbro.
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Jester; 02-15-2015 at 05:56 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #30
Mulder
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
where is your source on this Sir? Don't come here saying anything unless you can back it up. If it was in "Major Trouble" all the movie sites would be reporting it.

http://i57.tinypic.com/24yzhqs.jpg

BayFormers have been doing well for Hasbro.
They're swinging their merchandising over to RiD and away from Bayformers because TF5 doesn't even have a director at this point.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #31
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 6,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
They're swinging their merchandising over to RiD and away from Bayformers because TF5 doesn't even have a director at this point.
no duh they did all the figures for AOE they can't do anything for TF5 until a movie comes out
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #32
Mulder
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
no duh they did all the figures for AOE they can't do anything for TF5 until a movie comes out
You obviously have no idea what a marketing plan is.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #33
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Like the designs, actors, writers, producers, story, characters, etc?

Sounds like you're suggesting a reboot.
Did I say I was suggesting a reboot? I could have sworn I didn't suggest a reboot. I must actually be going senile in my old age, because I was under the impression that s-e-q-u-e-l didn't spell reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Only the most petulant of manchildren are clamouring for another go.
I'm pretty sure that particular nomenclature is reserved specifically for people who insult other for liking things that he or she does not.
__________________
LOOKING FOR Japanese TMNT video game manuals (specifically TMNT2/3 NES, all on Game Boy, TMNT4/RoS), or just scans

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:57 AM   #34
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Did I say I was suggesting a reboot? I could have sworn I didn't suggest a reboot. I must actually be going senile in my old age, because I was under the impression that s-e-q-u-e-l didn't spell reboot.
Hoo boy.

Fixing everything that requires fixing, which would be everything, would take the movie out of s-e-q-u-e-l territory and put it smack dab into r-e-b-o-o-t territory.

I hope that was slow enough for you.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #35
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Die Another Day isn't really a good example it was the highest grossing Bond film upon it's release. It was only rebooted because Pierce Brosnan wanted more money.
Well, money isn't the only measure of success. I mean, for Hollywood it usually is, but there's a reason they went in a very different direction with Casino Royale. If something's very unpopular with fans and a significant portion of the general audience, even Hollywood can be smart enough to change course. A lot of financially successful movies are considered failures and embarrassments due to reputation alone.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 02-15-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #36
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 25,959
Bloodsucker, Cure play nice....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:42 PM   #37
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
If something's very unpopular with fans and a significant portion of the general audience, even Hollywood can be smart enough to change course. A lot of financially successful movies are considered failures and embarrassments due to reputation alone.
Than how do you explain the Transfomers films? They are hated yet keep getting made. Same with Ninja Turtles, the film was disliked, yet they are making a sequel with the same people.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:49 PM   #38
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Hahaha, OK, gotcha. You live in a world where multibillion dollar businesses aren't a success.
I live in the real world, where most people agree the last few Transformers films sucked.

Where do you live, a bubble? You can make movies that make money, and still kill the franchise.

Compound ideas are hard, I know. Take your time Chief.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:59 PM   #39
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,928
Most people don't agree the Transformers movies suck. The money comes from paying people. Most people wouldn't pay for a movie they think sucks. Most people is not the internet.

Logic!
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:43 AM   #40
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I live in the real world, where most people agree the last few Transformers films sucked.

Where do you live, a bubble? You can make movies that make money, and still kill the franchise.
Yeah but the franchise isn't dead. There are still action figures, comics, and a new film and TV series coming.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reboot

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.