The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #21
sdp
doomer
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
When did the drome get so red pilled? Seems like that used to be the minority around here....
everyone else was driven away and now it's an echo chamber of the same old people ranting at clouds
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #22
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
When did the drome get so red pilled? Seems like that used to be the minority around here....
It's easy to hide fear of a topic by ignoring it, but it's easier to hide cowardice of a topic by trampling on valid conversation by trying to discredit it.

Maybe we do have more of an "echo chamber" here now because normal thinkers got sick of the extreme leftist nonsense here and pushed back on the vitriol - first with conversation, then with facts and then finally with their own vitrol when nothing else worked. Which is completely reasonable considering we are talking about a group that hated on a group of people based on their vote to the point of mania for years, supported the destruction of city areas, and were beating people on the streets from behind in the back of the head at random, and doing anything they could to tear down any establishment that makes a country function normally and successfully for everyone. All while justifying their actions through the most uninformed, non-experiential opinions & thought processes many of us have ever seen.

Maybe the lingering few of you here should try to compute that for a while before you fire back from your f'n keyboards.

Last edited by IMJ; 04-02-2021 at 01:58 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Maybe we do have more of an "echo chamber" here now because normal thinkers got sick of the extreme leftist nonsense here and pushed back on the vitriol - first with conversation, then with facts and then finally with their own vitriol when nothing else worked.
Yep.

For my part, I certainly wasn't gonna sit through any lectures on goodness and morality from Certain People who would say, without irony, things like "It's totally okay to cheat on your partner and it doesn't make you a bad person", when No It Isn't and Yeah It Totally Does. Or "My enjoyment of A Thing increases exponentially by how much it makes certain people angry. I love drinking Salty Male Tears." Sh*t like that. People like that can take their "progressive" ideas and cram them in whatever orifice they choose. They're not missed. And sooner or later, SANE people are inevitably gonna get sick of Those People pretending they stand on some kind of Moral High Ground. They're degenerates, and they're insufferable. And when people finally had enough of their bullsh*t, they ran back to their little Twitter safe space because they can't handle being told out loud, "No, you're absolutely, provably full of sh*t. And you're also a Bad Person."

Good f*cking riddance.

And not to speak for anyone else, but I think maczaps was just thinking out loud with his comment. He's quite clearly the most right-leaning person on the entire forum. For whatever that is worth to any individual. I'm actually way more in the middle than I come across, it's just Certain Things I skew more to the Right on and Those Things just have a habit of coming up more often in the conversation around here.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #24
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And not to speak for anyone else, but I think maczaps was just thinking out loud with his comment. He's quite clearly the most right-leaning person on the entire forum. For whatever that is worth to any individual. I'm actually way more in the middle than I come across, it's just Certain Things I skew more to the Right on and Those Things just have a habit of coming up more often in the conversation around here.
Mostly I'm just shocked cuz I left the forums for a while because any time I voiced an opinion or offered facts & evidence to prove a point, I was attacked. Not just by people publicly but a few people PM'd me with a few loosely veiled threats. Not that I took those serious or care cuz I'm armed for bear & zombies, but because it gets old after a while.


Its nice seeing that other grew a backbone & are sick of the sh¡t from the woke mob.

And yeah, I know sometimes I just say "x" and that pisses people off but I'm not a candy bar so I ain't around to sugar coat sh¡t. I stand on the side of Freedom.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #25
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,860
Here in Russia some governors wanted to make COVID passports for people who took the jab, but Kremlin disagreed with them and this idea was buried. Most likely they saw potential for a civil unrest, if people on top of the other problems would be demanded to receive COVID passports. Not to mention most Russian don't trust our vaccines.

As for why next to no lefties here: snowflakes have melted.
Those people have only few methods of discussion: lie and misrepresent your arguments, appeal to emotions or simply ban you. First and second works only if they majority (they do not have a majority here), third works only when they have power (they do not have power here).

And since they are so fragile that even mentioning opposing points in passing might trigger them to scream "violence", they naturally break down and escape when they encounter a real opposition.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!

Last edited by Sumac; 04-03-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:23 PM   #26
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,298
before covid-19, I was getting sick all the time. I have to ride public transit to/from work and people in the USA are incredibly self-centered in how they act, so if they happen to be sick on a bus/train it's everyone else's problem. And if a sick person did board, most people would just ignore it and act like it's no big deal, even though they could be catching something right then and there.

One thing I'm very thankful in this post-covid-19 world is I think that has now changed, at least for the near term (and hopefully forever.) People need to be more considerate in public about getting other people sick, rather that be covid-19, the flu, common cold, or whatever else you might be carrying. If you know you are sick, you have a responsibility to not spread it to the best of your ability.

So as an extension of that, I'm fine with some form of proof that you have had important vaccinations in order to do certain things, such as travel on a plane.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 22,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
appeal to emotions
Yeah, that really gets old for me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #28
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
before covid-19, I was getting sick all the time. I have to ride public transit to/from work and people in the USA are incredibly self-centered in how they act, so if they happen to be sick on a bus/train it's everyone else's problem. And if a sick person did board, most people would just ignore it and act like it's no big deal, even though they could be catching something right then and there.

One thing I'm very thankful in this post-covid-19 world is I think that has now changed, at least for the near term (and hopefully forever.) People need to be more considerate in public about getting other people sick, rather that be covid-19, the flu, common cold, or whatever else you might be carrying. If you know you are sick, you have a responsibility to not spread it to the best of your ability.

So as an extension of that, I'm fine with some form of proof that you have had important vaccinations in order to do certain things, such as travel on a plane.
"I'm fine with medical tyranny."

Sorry bub. I'm not. I'm not sick and have not been sick and therefore cannot make you sick & will not get the vaccine for a sickness I do not have and can't pass on to others, that could kill me or make me seriously ill as it has not been fully tested over YEARS & PROVEN to be SAFE & EFFECTIVE. There are, however, naturally occurring supplements out there that have been PROVEN to work that keeps the flu (covid) at its least harmful if you have it and no serious, life altering or life ending side effects.

I never get the flu vaccine. I did once and the shot made me damn near deathly ill. Haven't since and will not. Big Pharma is NOT your friend. They WANT sick people, not healthy. There is no money in curing illness. I could write (& did, but deleted it) a long @$$ story about why I don't trust Big Pharma or the current level medical industry but its pointless if you have your head in your @$$.

You cannot legislate morals. People who don't give a crap about anyone but themselves (those folks you say that get on public transport while sick) won't ever care no matter what law or rule is in place (much like most politicians on either side). You are responsible for you. Wear a mask, gloves or a full hazmat if you feel safer that way but forcing a vaccine on people is tyrannical and should never occur.


On the flip side, if you still think of those people who refuse the vax as lesser people, then flip it to pregnant women and try your argument. The government can now force you to either get pregnant against your will or abort your child at their will and either way, you have no say.

Or lets say, you cut your dominate hand/arm. Now the Government steps in and decides "eh, ain't worth fixing it so just cut it off"... Now you're down an arm. Or leg. Or insert whichever favorite body part you have. Lol.

I get that people are scared of covid but shut off the damn tv. Stop reading the local paper. Stop being afraid of your own shadow.

F¤ck it. Rant done. No one is reading all that anyways. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #29
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
everyone else was driven away and now it's an echo chamber of the same old people ranting at clouds
You're still here. Lucky us...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:43 PM   #30
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Its nice seeing that other grew a backbone & are sick of the sh¡t from the woke mob.
This is how I conducted myself since day one, but also in respectful conversation. I even used to try to keep conversation smooth between some of the stunted f's that come here, calling for patience, explaining that you never know who is posting here - some handicapped person, some lifelong retail rat who has formed opinions but has no valid experiences outside of their tiny bubble. You can search the forums, I literally used to call for patience on it. But as that became more impossible with lefties lying, twisting facts, condescending replies that weren't even in truth; I stopped conversing and just started flinging truth. Those people are disingenuous liars for whatever personal psychology they have. Don't believe them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And since they are so fragile that even mentioning opposing points in passing might trigger them to scream "violence", they naturally break down and escape when they encounter a real opposition.
Either that or they are so far gone they are playing the martyr when they leave. As if they are taking some high road or something. Let them think what they want. I want f'n heads now. That's where I'm at.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:50 AM   #31
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
This is how I conducted myself since day one, but also in respectful conversation. I even used to try to keep conversation smooth between some of the stunted f's that come here, calling for patience, explaining that you never know who is posting here - some handicapped person, some lifelong retail rat who has formed opinions but has no valid experiences outside of their tiny bubble. You can search the forums, I literally used to call for patience on it. But as that became more impossible with lefties lying, twisting facts, condescending replies that weren't even in truth; I stopped conversing and just started flinging truth. Those people are disingenuous liars for whatever personal psychology they have. Don't believe them.



Either that or they are so far gone they are playing the martyr when they leave. As if they are taking some high road or something. Let them think what they want. I want f'n heads now. That's where I'm at.
Pretty much why I stay pointed & direct. There is no point sugar coating anything for the weak minded msm/liberal zombies. I'm the same way in real life too.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #32
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,210
Meh the only ones that will have issues with is anti vaccine people, sucks to be them. Me and my entire family all got ours so will be fine with this. I think amusement parks should do this as well honestly than will know they'll be a safer place to hang out in. You just know States like Texas and Florida will make a big deal about this idea but pretty sure Joe Biden will like the idea.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #33
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
You just know States like Texas and Florida will make a big deal about this idea but pretty sure Joe Biden will like the idea.
If he remembers where those places are or who he is.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,357
Lest we forget all the people who weren't sick until they GOT the vaccine, a few of whom even died. They were Perfectly Fine all year beforehand until the Magic Shot made them sick and/or killed them. "Whoops".

Let's not over-simplify this sh*t. Any human being is perfectly within their rights to have been (and stayed) suspicious at Every Single Step of this fiasco going back to Winter 2019. They're right to be suspicious about where the virus supposedly came from, they're right to be suspicious about how it develops/spreads, they're right to be suspicious about how severe it is, they're right to be suspicious about any "official" information coming out (since so much of it is and has been contradictory), and they're right to be suspicious of a vaccine that was rushed through development with a minimum of testing in order to score political points and make the ex-President look bad.

When they still don't even know if their Magic Shot is dangerous to pregnant women or still-developing infants, People Are Right To Be Suspicious.

When otherwise-healthy people abruptly got sick or dropped dead after getting the Magic Shot, People Are Right To be Suspicious.

When the year is a quarter over with and they still don't know if you're going to still need to get one or two Magic Shots every single year for the rest of time in order to be "safe", People Are Right To Be Suspicious.

When your government is making the Magic Shot mandatory, and neither you nor your family can hold ANYONE at fault or be compensated in ANY way if you get sick or even die after getting it, then guess what? People Are Right To Be Suspicious.

The fact that some people are 100% willing to ignore all common sense because "Well, they wouldn't LIE to us, would they?" is pretty disheartening. The problem with looking at the world through rose-colored glasses is that all the Red Flags just look like regular flags. But there are way too many to ignore or handwave, just because some people think getting a shot is going to magically make all of this go away.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #35
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Meh the only ones that will have issues with is anti vaccine people, sucks to be them. Me and my entire family all got ours so will be fine with this. I think amusement parks should do this as well honestly than will know they'll be a safer place to hang out in. You just know States like Texas and Florida will make a big deal about this idea but pretty sure Joe Biden will like the idea.
Get in the boxcar, for your safety.... You realize YOU are the POS, right? The vaccine isn't a cure. And people that have been vaccinated HAVE gotten covid again, while masked & distanced from people.

And Joe Biden is mentally checked out. He is just a puppet. At some point, after its too late, you will be forced across a line you find disgusting & there won't be anyone left to save your stupid @ss.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #36
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Lest we forget all the people who weren't sick until they GOT the vaccine, a few of whom even died. They were Perfectly Fine all year beforehand until the Magic Shot made them sick and/or killed them. "Whoops".

Let's not over-simplify this sh*t. Any human being is perfectly within their rights to have been (and stayed) suspicious at Every Single Step of this fiasco going back to Winter 2019. They're right to be suspicious about where the virus supposedly came from, they're right to be suspicious about how it develops/spreads, they're right to be suspicious about how severe it is, they're right to be suspicious about any "official" information coming out (since so much of it is and has been contradictory), and they're right to be suspicious of a vaccine that was rushed through development with a minimum of testing in order to score political points and make the ex-President look bad.

When they still don't even know if their Magic Shot is dangerous to pregnant women or still-developing infants, People Are Right To Be Suspicious.

When otherwise-healthy people abruptly got sick or dropped dead after getting the Magic Shot, People Are Right To be Suspicious.

When the year is a quarter over with and they still don't know if you're going to still need to get one or two Magic Shots every single year for the rest of time in order to be "safe", People Are Right To Be Suspicious.

When your government is making the Magic Shot mandatory, and neither you nor your family can hold ANYONE at fault or be compensated in ANY way if you get sick or even die after getting it, then guess what? People Are Right To Be Suspicious.

The fact that some people are 100% willing to ignore all common sense because "Well, they wouldn't LIE to us, would they?" is pretty disheartening. The problem with looking at the world through rose-colored glasses is that all the Red Flags just look like regular flags. But there are way too many to ignore or handwave, just because some people think getting a shot is going to magically make all of this go away.
Exactly ALL of this. Its INSANE to believe the MSM narrative. No real pandemic requires 24/7 bombardment from media and entertainment to be real & a legit threat. Homeless people aren't dropping dead in the streets. People would not be forced to get "life saving" shots.

The Government is NOT our friend. Or our Boss. They work for us.... at least they're intended to and at least once in the past they did...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:32 PM   #37
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 3,854
Again, I said it a few pages back but.. you know IGNOOORREEDDD! by the onboarders - but I think it's a pretty valid consideration for people to realize that this vaccine isn't a one and done.

Wouldn't it be completely different if this was like the measles? One shot and we wiped it out for developed humanity? That's good.

But this isn't like that. So we are going to get on board for this brand new, unproven chemical to be mainlined, and you did what? Contributed? Do you get a flu shot every year? Some of you might, sure but just as many or more will lie and say yes to defend their Covid position when in fact they are just scared and will on board with anything that brings them peace.

And so to be clear for the confirmation-bias-lefties - I'm not an anti-vaxxer and I'm not building a pyre against this vaccine. But I am saying that it's a deeply personal choice and the fact is if you haven't lived your life getting a flu shot every year, then why are you getting this one? Are you going to get the next one next year? And after that? Because if not, why are you having this pumped into your veins?

I'm not rejecting it, but I would like answers for these things before I get jabbed. I would like answers because I don't believe for a minute that some of you here who got that shot already considered what I said above, yet you'll go on about "anti-vaxxers" which diminishes the real questions about this thing.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 22,597
I listened about some studies that say if you get the vaccine, even if you come down with one of the new strains later on or your immune levels drop to where you can just get the same strain again and then you do... in either case, it apparently wouldn't be as severe as it would if you hadn't gotten the original vaccine at all.

That makes a little sense, I guess.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #39
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I listened about some studies that say if you get the vaccine, even if you come down with one of the new strains later on or your immune levels drop to where you can just get the same strain again and then you do... in either case, it apparently wouldn't be as severe as it would if you hadn't gotten the original vaccine at all.

That makes a little sense, I guess.
Okay so if that's true, then the current vaccine is predicted to have some efficacy against future strains, maybe diminishing the effects a bit.

Yeah alright if that's true that's a good reason to get on board. Sure.

But now my question is where is the leftist brain trust who could've added that to normal conversation? My guess? They didn't know. They didn't give any of this any consideration, but they'll "yell at clouds" about anti-vaxxers. Fools.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #40
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,023
Getting the vaccine doesn't prevent catching covid. Some folks out there have gotten it despite the jab and more than a few have gotten it very bad just the same as not getting jabbed. Its cleared for emergency use which means humans are the test subjects.

Then there are these pcr tests which were supposed to test for just covid, but the data collection range was set so high, anything & everything flu related has been deemed covid.

I'm not anti vaxx. I was vaccinated as a child. All those shots. I got the flu shot one time & was ill for over 3 months time. I've never gotten the flu shot since & not had the flu since. I'm anti THIS test drug which could kill me or further disable me.


For us to get back to living, just throw away the MFing masks. Enough people have gotten the jab that NOW is the time to stop masking up to prevent the variants from causing havoc & further deaths. States that have already opened PROVE masks HARMLESS.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
covid, passports, vaccine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.