The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-04-2022, 05:32 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Dave Chappelle Attacked On Stage

Quote:
Comedian Dave Chappelle was attacked onstage Tuesday night as he performed at Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl arena, with videos from audience members' cellphones quickly flooding social media and showing a man appear to run onto the stage and tackle the comic.

Chappelle, whose unapologetic humor has made him a lightning rod for criticism, appeared unscathed by the sudden interruption and later joked (NOTE: Linked video contains harsh language including profanity) with fellow comedian and actor Jamie Foxx onstage that he'd taken revenge on his attacker.

Witnesses said — and videos appeared to show — that the man was set upon by multiple people onstage immediately after he attacked Chappelle.

While the entire debacle was captured in multiple videos shot by members of the audience, cell phone use was officially banned during the performance.

The motivation for the initial attack remained unclear, and there was no immediate response from the Los Angeles Police Department to CBS News' request for information about the incident.

Chappelle drew a sharp rebuke late last year from the transgender community for jokes at their expense featured in his latest Netflix special, "The Closer," which premiered in October
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/da...9i?ocid=msnews
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:04 AM   #2
superstaff
Mad Scientist

People need to chill out.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:57 AM   #3
mrmaczaps
Foot Elite

Fvcking democrats. *shrug* Not really a fan of Chappelle but I support his right to free speech & crack jokes, even if they offend weak people.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Fvcking democrats. *shrug* Not really a fan of Chappelle but I support his right to free speech & crack jokes, even if they offend weak people.
Is that all you do around here? Just insert politics into every single thread you post in?

Thread: What's your favorite TMNT comic?

You: FVCK THE DEMS LOL

By the way, my previous comment applies to people like you as well. Chill.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Thanks for setting an example, Will Smith.

Those of us who remember what happened to Dimebag Darrell don't think sh*t like this is funny. Like, at all.

This world's going to sh*t. I really gotta wrap up some of this outstanding sh*t I've got hanging over me so I can finally check out because I really don't wanna be here another 20+ years.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #6
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I would tell Will Smith, to his face, that he needed to chill out too. People are out of control nowadays. I just can't imagine physically assaulting someone over a joke, even if it's distasteful or insulting. That's not how you 'win' against a comedian. You win by telling a better joke.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #7
Bahamut810
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Is that all you do around here? Just insert politics into every single thread you post in?

I'm usually hit or miss if I agree with him...but in this case I cant think of any reason this would have happened outside of politics.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well, I mean... he's not wrong.

"And we love ya for it!" - Coola Yagami

"No. You don't. " - superstaff
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:36 AM   #9
Sumac
Foot Elite

I wonder how soon certain people will tie it to his jokes about "most oppressed people in the world"? Something tells me, those people will approve of it and will be sad, that Chapelle wasn't seriously hurt.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:24 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Foot Elite

Quote:

What other type of person would run on stage and assault someone for words? Being offended is a choice and only democrats are always offended. Like yourself. Choose better.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:26 PM   #11
mrmaczaps
Foot Elite

Quote:
I would tell Will Smith, to his face, that he needed to chill out too. People are out of control nowadays. I just can't imagine physically assaulting someone over a joke, even if it's distasteful or insulting. That's not how you 'win' against a comedian. You win by telling a better joke.
By people, you obviously mean democrats. The rest of us are busy working ourselves to death so the current admin can launder money through the Ukraine. 10% for the big guy.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:49 PM   #12
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
What other type of person would run on stage and assault someone for words? Being offended is a choice and only democrats are always offended. Like yourself. Choose better.
lol, love that you guys always assume I'm a Democrat, and I'm 'always offended'.

But clearly you're too stubborn to see reason and lack the capability to have a civil conversation, so I'm done arguing with you.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:57 PM   #13
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
I'm usually hit or miss if I agree with him...but in this case I cant think of any reason this would have happened outside of politics.
I can't seem to find any info on what set the guy off exactly.

I mean, it could be political. Or maybe Chapelle made a crack over the guy's wife's alopecia.

Either way, it's not a justification to jump on stage, and assault someone. I'll repeat again, people need to chill out. Violence isn't the answer, particularly violence towards a comedian who is known to be edgy.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:10 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

I was gonna say, I haven't really seen too much about it but I was wondering WHAT it was that Chappelle was saying that made the guy run up there?

Personally, I am inclined to think it was a far-Lefty, simply because a LOT of Those People have been saying for months that "Somebody ought'a kick that guy's ass" because he has the audacity to say what he says about trans people out loud.

But then again, most far-Lefty "men" are soyboy vegans who would get knocked over by a stiff breeze, and therefore would never, ever even dream of taking a step or a swing towards anyone. They'd be afraid of tangling their beards or getting their manbun messed up, or snapping their bony little wrists if they ever actually took a swing and it made contact. So maybe it was just some drunk guy.

I'unno, very curious. I have my own theories, and usually, whatever theories I have are eventually proven true. But this one vexes me. I would like to know more.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:07 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

But then again, most far-Lefty "men" are soyboy vegans who would get knocked over by a stiff breeze, and therefore would never, ever even dream of taking a step or a swing towards anyone. They'd be afraid of tangling their beards or getting their manbun messed up, or snapping their bony little wrists if they ever actually took a swing and it made contact.
That's something funny I've been noticing around cyberspace. Leftist women want men to act like manbun soyboys but despite what they say, but what they really want is a more traditional man to give em a good deep dicking, but it turns out most of these 'manlier men' happen to swing for the right. Like they can call men toxic all they want, but they forget all about how toxic men are the moment Jason Mamoa takes off his shirt.

So it's like they want ring-winger 'manly men' but for them to somehow have left-wing soyboy ideologies. Like you can't have it both way ladies.

Also most of the multi-hair multi-gender 'allies' always end up either being friendzoned, or creeps that were just playing along hoping to get some poon out of it. So they can't even trust fellow allies either.

Thank god the real world isn't entirely like Twitter. It would be a literal clown show. I mean right now all arguing stops the moment you turn off your computer, but what is 50 years by now everyone is connected on the Matrixverse? There will be no way to 'turn it off'. It'll be perma-Twitter til your brain explodes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:21 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

"Thanks, Will Smith" will now become the new "Thanks, Obama".
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:38 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

I make it a point to blame Obama for SOMEthing at least once a day.

Racial tensions at a 50-year high? "Thanks, Obama."

Abortion about to be made illegal, even though he SWORE during his first campaign that he'd make it ironclad and irreversible, AND had the full Democrat majority in both the Senate and the House at his disposal... and then proceeded to say and do NOTHING on the subject once he actually got in office? "Thanks, Obama."

China got caught experimenting on coronaviruses WE sold to them during You-Know-Who's administration, thus setting in motion the first steps of a manmade plague that would bring the entire planet to a halt for over two whole years? "Thanks, Obama."

American farmers getting murdered by illegal immigrants with guns that were flat-out given to the Mexican cartels during a proposed sting operation, after a Certain Someone's administration just plain lost track of the guns during said sting operation? "Thanks, Obama."

Kelly Clarkson got fat? "Thanks, Obama."

Ellen Page goes from Total Smokeshow to 14-Year Old Boy? "Thanks, Obama."

Marilyn Manson's entire stage set falls on him and yet he somehow survives? "Thanks, Obama."

Lindsay Lohan finally gets naked years after anyone cares and she's not even hot enough to justify doing it anymore? "Thanks, Obama."

Disney ruins Star Wars? "Thanks, Obama."

"Spring Breakers" comes out and every chick in it gets naked EXCEPT Selena Gomez? "Thanks, Obama."

WaWa runs out of meatballs after 10pm and that overpaid 19-year old dipsh*t in the kitchen burns my chicken quesadilla for the 20th goddamn time? "Thanks, Obama."

I can pretty much tie everything back to him in some way. And I've been doing it for almost 15 years so I've had a lot of practice.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:44 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

It's kinda baffling how good of an image Obama has to this day worldwide.

Bush sucked, but Obama also liked his wars and doesn't get nearly as much flack.

I think a ton of people were seduced by the fact Obama is charismatic and a good speaker. That really is all it takes for a politician to be successful. You can be very intelligent and competent, but if you have zero charisma and poor communicating skills, you are not going far.

Still, even back in 2007 you could tell Obama tiptoed around more direct questions. But since he never stuttered during his speeches, people managed to overlook that.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:56 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

In all seriousness, the most directly negative thing that's affecting us Right Now is that, once again, he campaigned in part on promising to make abortion an iron-clad right, that could never be taken away or overturned, AND he had a full Democratic Congress behind him, so he had unprecedented power which no one had ever had before (or since) to carry out that promise and make it a reality... and he didn't do it.

Even if other Presidents before or after him had the power of a partisan Congress, none of them flat-out PROMISED to make abortion a federally-protected right. He did.

He lied, he did nothing, and now everyone is pissed off. At the Republicans.

And hey, that's cool, Right Now they deserve to be yelled at. BUT... it's still All Obama's Fault in the grand scheme of things, and that's not even a joke. If he actually did what he SWORE he was gonna do, we wouldn't be dealing with any of this sh*t Right Now.

But then, "not following through on his promises" was pretty much his entire gimmick. But you're right, he spoke so smooth nobody really noticed.

But BOY, if only he actually kept his word, huh? Sucks he turned out to be Just Like Every Other Politician, a filthy lying liar who lies.

Ah well.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:59 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

One thing I noticed about Obama...

Comedians in the US never made fun of him. They all seemed to suck up to him in fact. Now you're gonna tell me most comedians and entertainers in the US are Democrats. Okay sure, but that didn't stop them from making fun of Bill Clinton in the 90s. Why was Obama so untouchable? Really strange.