The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2022, 01:28 PM   #5901
mikey see
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How do you get acess to Haulathon? I am not really sure what it is beyond seeing a thread on this title. I am still looking for Slash/Leatherhead under a $100 bill.
They're sold out now, but https://www.target.com/c/collectors-toys/-/N-54vro
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:29 PM   #5902
Night Monkey
Random Punk

My Target has yet to put anything out from the Haulathon event. I have been able to get what I want from Target.com except the four pack. It was sold out by the the time I was able to find the listing. I’m hoping it’ll come back in stock and I’ll
Be able to nab one.
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:03 PM   #5903
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I never saw Antrax and Scumbug. Did I just miss the shipment at my local Target?
Last weekend (April 2, 2022) my nearest Target finally had some product on the Haulathon endcap, which was actually ~6 Antrax and Scumbug 2-pks and a lone Mutagen Man and Ace Duck 2-pk, along with a couple Haul tote bags w/swag.

I've been hoping they'd get the 2020 Casey and Foot Soldier packs in concert with what some have been seeing as labels on the shelves.

Interestingly, also last week, my closest Walmart had 3 of the 1990 movie Casey and April Farmhouse 2-pks (got one!) and a handful of regular release 1990 movie April with the lenticular box. I'd wondered whether this was Neca's idea of an April Fool's. This store had also gotten a few shipments of the Shadow Warriors 2-pks. If not for this store, I wouldn't have ben able to get these two 2-pks.

I hesitated on ordering the toon Tokka and Rahzar 2-pk on costumes.com, thinking it would be better to save 5% on Target's site, but looks like that was a bad move now!
Old 04-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #5904
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Was rewatching the Europe Vacation stuff this weekend and grabbed these shots of the van with my phone when it appeared in the Austria snow-centric episode.

Here the "hump" is actually pretty dang close to the Neca toy. It still feels a tad too big on the toy IMO, but if referencing shots like these, it seems very close in actuality.

I wonder if the talk on FB in some of the comments is true (I didn't see any of the recent livestreams and don't recall mention of it here when I lurk lol) of the van getting some "accessory pack mod" type of add-on sets. If so, I guess we might see the snow treads as seen in this episode or other "mods" like that.

I think I'd prefer the budget on that end to go towards a screen accurate Module toy instead though.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:17 PM   #5905
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

I think the reasoning for why the hump is as large as it is and the front being as boxed off as it appears to be as "artistic choices" made based on stills is invalid. There was a model sheet made and used for the show. Any deviation from that model can be chopped up to animation errors which as we all know the show was full of. I think NECA's reveal is extremely disappointing considering the hype that was surrounding the announcement. It's too small, the front shouldn't be flat, it isn't nearly wide enough, the fin is way too tall, and that hump is an eyesore. In terms of pricing, I understand why they wanted to keep the price point low as a marketing ploy to counter Super7's egregiously high price point, but let's be honest: most, if not all of us, would've gladly paid 300-350 for a show accurate van with correct proportions and scale. This just feels like they sacrificed way too much to make an ugly box that has a bunch of nonsensical choices baked into the design. I will say this though, the paint apps and minor details like the rear side vents, interior, etc are all well done. But overall, it falls short from being the van this line deserved.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:29 PM   #5906
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I never heard them explicitly saying movie Tokka/Rahzar would not be available again. Usually they are intentionally ambiguous about that because they know we know that they may reissue things under the right circumstances.
Tbh I wouldn't take anything Randy says to heart. He is notorious for bold face lying to fans on Twitter and in interviews. He claimed the Tokka & Rahzar 2-pack would be Walmart exclusives only, then web store exclusive and never to be released again, to being rereleased in the the web store again. His facts change depending on what NECA's needs and demands are because he's an employee, so I get that. If anything, I feel like he'll say stuff, true or not, so the company can gauge interest - a smart strategy if I'm being honest. So while I respect that he's gotta do the job, I still take whatever he says with a grain of salt because of his (and the company's) track record at this point.

I mean c'mon, let's not forget the current fiasco with Lootcrate and the ongoing lawsuit because they're refusing to pay owed back taxes which is why the figures people paid for upfront have been sitting in some warehouse collecting dust since January. The same company that then shut down all lines of communication with their customers to avoid having to explain themselves, dragged out or straight up ignored requests for refunds, and then had the nerve to continue advertising future non-TMNT Lootcrates to the very same customers who want their money back on undelivered goods.

Last edited by Slime State Alumni; 04-11-2022 at 05:35 PM.
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:08 PM   #5907
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Tbh I wouldn't take anything Randy says to heart. He is notorious for bold face lying to fans on Twitter and in interviews. He claimed the Tokka & Rahzar 2-pack would be Walmart exclusives only, then web store exclusive and never to be released again, to being rereleased in the the web store again. His facts change depending on what NECA's needs and demands are because he's an employee, so I get that. If anything, I feel like he'll say stuff, true or not, so the company can gauge interest - a smart strategy if I'm being honest. So while I respect that he's gotta do the job, I still take whatever he says with a grain of salt because of his (and the company's) track record at this point.

I mean c'mon, let's not forget the current fiasco with Lootcrate and the ongoing lawsuit because they're refusing to pay owed back taxes which is why the figures people paid for upfront have been sitting in some warehouse collecting dust since January. The same company that then shut down all lines of communication with their customers to avoid having to explain themselves, dragged out or straight up ignored requests for refunds, and then had the nerve to continue advertising future non-TMNT Lootcrates to the very same customers who want their money back on undelivered goods.
this^^^^^^ Neca should be a shamed of themselves allowing lootcrate to drag this out. Who cares who owns what company. NECA's name and PRODUCT is on these lootcrates. It only makes NECA look bad! Randy should care considering specific figures on the cartoon checklist are tied to this lootcrate crap (and yes, it's crap) to obtain them. It's a big joke and we as collectors need to stop giving in to this "exclusivity" through giving them our money up front.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:24 PM   #5908
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
Was rewatching the Europe Vacation stuff this weekend and grabbed these shots of the van with my phone when it appeared in the Austria snow-centric episode.
That van also has tank treads on dual rear wheels, a satellite dish, and other mods. So it's hardly the model we should look to for what the toy should look like.

There most certainly is, as the other poster said, a model sheet...you can find it easily online...and that is the gold standard the designers should have gone by, anything else is ignorant negligence.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #5909
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
That van also has tank treads on dual rear wheels, a satellite dish, and other mods. So it's hardly the model we should look to for what the toy should look like.

There most certainly is, as the other poster said, a model sheet...you can find it easily online...and that is the gold standard the designers should have gone by, anything else is ignorant negligence.
NECA should include some rubber tank treads that you can just slip around the wheels of their van....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:26 PM   #5910
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:

I was merely pointing out that the hump was similar in those shots, not that the shots themselves from the episode in question were the gold standard to compare by for the toy and desired accuracy overall.

I agree with you and Slime State that the model sheets were the way to go. It takes all the variables out of the equation. Animation errors and variances don't apply to fixed schematics. It's a non-issue if you go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
NECA should include some rubber tank treads that you can just slip around the wheels of their van....
That was something else I also mentioned earlier in relation to my screen grabs due to discussion in some FB comments that (apparently, as I didn't see this myself) there was talk in a livestream somewhere of accessory packs being possibly done for the van. But who knows.

I have to agree with DonnieLaForge in what was said a bit ago about the perfect van toy we all wanted to exist but no one has made it... yet. All have pros and cons with Neca's feeling at the back of the bunch.

Here we are a week out from the pre-order window closing and I'm still just not feeling that "tug" to buy it. I really want to like it more than I do. I see people on Fwoosh making fun of the critics and their complaints but hey, if you like it, then by all means buy it.

I just don't think a "close enough" or "good enough" quite counts on this one. Not for me, at least. The UA is still tempting me instead in a way but I have problems with it too. Maybe patience is really key here to let another company take an inevitable crack at this and fix all the shortcomings and inaccuracies of these current offerings while keeping everything that works about them in various ways. A perfect FW Turtle Van toy may still eventually come to exist if we wait just a bit longer.

As it is, I think any potential "FOMO" loses me this time. I just don't feel any over something I'm already too unsatisfied with. Every time I look at the promo pics, I like Neca's version less and less. Still down for that lair though, if they release that.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:47 PM   #5911
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier

Unfortunately but not surprisingly, my Tokka & Rahzar 2pack from costumes was just cancelled. Hopefully we get another chance for these.
tw2thr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:19 PM   #5912
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
it should also come with an ice cream add on and an attachable hovercraft/innertube.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:24 PM   #5913
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2thr3 View Post
Unfortunately but not surprisingly, my Tokka & Rahzar 2pack from costumes was just cancelled. Hopefully we get another chance for these.
Mine too

Did they refund you right away?

Still nothing on my end
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #5914
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Mine not yet cancelled...I did email them, so maybe I'll get it too for asking about my order
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 05:21 PM   #5915
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Mine too

Still nothing on my end
Mondo Bummer

The email and text I received both said I was refunded in full. With shipping and tax around $73. Hasn’t shown the refund on my cc yet, it’ll probably take a few days. I’m honestly not too upset & they will most likely rerelease soon.

Here’s hoping Neca will address some of the recent issues with this set and the loot crates. I am worried we might not get our Dark Turtle If they do cancel them, they should make an open preorder window for all the figures. Neca has the molds. This is getting ridiculous.
tw2thr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #5916
Skullox
Thug

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Mine too

Still nothing on my end
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Mine not yet cancelled...I did email them, so maybe I'll get it too for asking about my order
Quote:
Mondo Bummer

The email and text I received both said I was refunded in full. With shipping and tax around $73. Hasn’t shown the refund on my cc yet, it’ll probably take a few days. I’m honestly not too upset & they will most likely rerelease soon.

Here’s hoping Neca will address some of the recent issues with this set and the loot crates. I am worried we might not get our Dark Turtle If they do cancel them, they should make an open preorder window for all the figures. Neca has the molds. This is getting ridiculous.
Mine was cancelled today also. Funny enough, I had just emailed them this morning asking for a status update. May be coincidental. How long were they going to hold our money before canceling anyway? Also, I'm disappointed they didn't honor the orders because they in no way stated that they were not available for US shipping. The only limitations listed for Hawaii and Alaska. Granted I knew this was a 50/50 chance. Still though, they screwed up they should have honored it.

Their reason was completely generic though, due to unforseen circumstances. You mean the circumstances in which your people effed up in the first place?

Your order has been canceled
Order XXX was canceled because of unforeseen circumstances and your payment has been refunded .
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:02 PM   #5917
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Yeah it’s pretty bad on their part. Like say from the start if these at Haulathon were for International only , then how would us in the States get them at all online? Seems silly to me but whatever.

Hopefully, these show up in good numbers at Target soon
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:29 PM   #5918
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

my tokka and rahzar just got canceled too, man they better show up at target at some point. guess i'll put it towards a super 7 figure or the turtle van.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:01 PM   #5919
Mintyfresh
Thug

I just came across necas instagram post about recent characters they retired from the line. Can anyone tell me if there are any other characters that have officially been retired from the toon line.
Mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:50 PM   #5920
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyfresh View Post
I just came across necas instagram post about recent characters they retired from the line. Can anyone tell me if there are any other characters that have officially been retired from the toon line.
If it hasn't been announced, it isn't "retired" aka a desperate plea to drive up sales for shelf warmers.