The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-03-2022, 07:01 AM   #6001
mikey see
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Still a bunch more to do though...Dirk Savage, Tempestra, Rex-1, Bugman, Electro-zapper, Mona Lisa etc....I'd say by the end of 2023, the cartoon line starts to really cool down.
Yeah but see, I don't care about any of those aside from maybe Mona Lisa, and that's only because she got a vintage figure. I think the vast majority of TMNT collectors have gotten what they wanted out of this line already, and NECA knows it. I think the line needs some reboot/re-releases to give it a bit of a shot in the arm to get people to start paying attention. A new "ultimate" Shredder with more accessories and updated sculpt, a 2-pack Rocksteady with new accessories that comes with his pre-mutation look, etc. I don't think new increasingly-niche characters are what's going to keep this line going. Extremely recognizable main characters that offer more than what we've already got are what will bring people back.

IMO of course, and I personally would do my best to avoid any and all redos
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:27 AM   #6002
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Pre-orders apparently going live at 12pm ET:
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...46175386419200

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:19 AM   #6003
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Have the mousers been showing up at Target already?? I’ve seen some sold on line.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:27 AM   #6004
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Have the mousers been showing up at Target already?? I’ve seen some sold on line.
Weren't the Mousers meant to be an online-only affair?
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:29 AM   #6005
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Yeah but see, I don't care about any of those aside from maybe Mona Lisa, and that's only because she got a vintage figure. I think the vast majority of TMNT collectors have gotten what they wanted out of this line already, and NECA knows it. I think the line needs some reboot/re-releases to give it a bit of a shot in the arm to get people to start paying attention. A new "ultimate" Shredder with more accessories and updated sculpt, a 2-pack Rocksteady with new accessories that comes with his pre-mutation look, etc. I don't think new increasingly-niche characters are what's going to keep this line going. Extremely recognizable main characters that offer more than what we've already got are what will bring people back.

IMO of course, and I personally would do my best to avoid any and all redos
On one hand, it's commonly the end-of-a-toyline offerings that tend to be the really hard stuff to find down the road. People start to bow out of the buying commitment before the line is over and production numbers tend to ramp down.

On the other hand, I can't help but feel that this line is the last hurrah for the Fred Wolf iteration with a generation queued up after us that doesn't much care about this stuff. It's like when you went to your Grandma's as a kid and she had some kind of curio collection. All of that stuff was a big deal to an entire generation - "family treasures". They thought it would last generations and now nobody cares about that stuff literally at all.

My point? I don't see any real long-term value for aftermarket players in this line so the real decision to complete it and stick with the current pricing boils down to how bad you want to see the set through and basically if they will all have life in your collection, or if they'll sit MIB in your basement.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:47 AM   #6006
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
I can’t recall..but I haven’t received any notifications for shipping, on mine. I just figured some ppl found them in the wild.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:55 AM   #6007
IMJ
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
I can’t recall..but I haven’t received any notifications for shipping, on mine. I just figured some ppl found them in the wild.
I got all six of my Mouser packs in the mail yesterday.... I don't remember getting a notification either. I feel like they just suddenly appeared.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #6008
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
https://news.toyark.com/2021/12/21/t...om-neca-453757
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:05 AM   #6009
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

should be getting mine today, almost time guys and gals, anyone else getting those before battle shakes?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:36 AM   #6010
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
should be getting mine today, almost time guys and gals, anyone else getting those before battle shakes?
Definitely. I've been refreshing the NECA Store page even when I know absolutely nothing is going to change.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:52 AM   #6011
mikey see
Stone Warrior

I hate when you don't know exactly where the product is actually going to appear. Will it be in the TMNT section or the SDCC section? Or maybe neither, as has been the case in the past.

Kinda tempted to go for the D&D set. That thing is freaking cool. I'd love some new-old TMNT someday to go in my vintage collection.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:56 AM   #6012
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I got all six of my Mouser packs in the mail yesterday.... I don't remember getting a notification either. I feel like they just suddenly appeared.
Baxter Stockman himself would be proud of NECA's powers of mass production and silent dissemination.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:02 AM   #6013
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

I've never purchased something this fast in my entire life.
Didn't even know what i bought.

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #6014
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

My total time was 106 seconds. Whew.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:04 AM   #6015
mikey see
Stone Warrior

Think it took me about 20 seconds. Wish my shipping was $8!
Old 06-03-2022, 10:08 AM   #6016
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i got mine and greta, that 4 payment really helps.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:09 AM   #6017
IMJ
Foot Elite

Well, I thought that was going to be mania, but picked that one up easily.
My guess?

It's too expensive, money is getting tight for most people at this point and we are going to see fewer and fewer people willing to dip in on these extreme boutique toys. I really see that happening. I also only bought one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Baxter Stockman himself would be proud of NECA's powers of mass production and silent dissemination.
Yup!
Old 06-03-2022, 10:09 AM   #6018
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

I gotta say, it's sort of salt in the wound that one of the promo pics for the mutation 4-pack situates pre-mutation bebop and rocksteady with scrag, because it just reminds me how my lootcrate **** is lost in the bermuda triangle or whatever.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:16 AM   #6019
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well, I thought that was going to be mania, but picked that one up easily.
My guess?

It's too expensive, money is getting tight for most people at this point and we are going to see fewer and fewer people willing to dip in on these extreme boutique toys. I really see that happening. I also only bought one.

Yup!
I skipped Bride Greta for that very reason. Would have been over the moon for that figure to add to my Grems a few years ago. Now it's just too much for a variant that appeared for a wee amount of screen time.

But had to get the TMNT of course.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:17 AM   #6020
j3h
Hench Mutant

Able to get the premutation set very easily. Hopefully all SDCC exclusives will be this easy to get this year.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote